• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 10: Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles 161.5 Km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This is a wonderful stage and I'm so glad I'm on a rest day.
A lot of tired legs around the peloton after 9 days of racing without rest. So if there's a team pushing it from the start you gotta worry about gruppetto making the time cut. If I'm Contador and I'm feeling good, I make my team work fro the get go, there could be minutes at stake. Nibali's comments from yesterday are not promising, but he's a fighter, he won't let El Pistolero go easily.

Again, great design for a stage.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Too bad that Porte wants to try the defensive ride,this stage was perfect for a Sky train,multiple climbs with last mountain not too steep but maybe they'll go for it,who knows.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If a break does win today I think my chips would be on Purito.

He showed his hand yesterday in sprinting for KOM points and there is a juicy double-points bonus today with it being a MTF which is right up his street.

But at 11:1 he is second favourite which is too short IMO.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Fight.The.Power said:

He showed his hand yesterday in sprinting for KOM points and there is a juicy double-points bonus today with it being a MTF which is right up his street.

Purito was ridiculous yesterday sprinting for what 1 or 2 points ,this stage is a lot better to showboat for a top cyclist like him.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
MBotero said:
Too bad that Porte wants to try the defensive ride,this stage was perfect for a Sky train,multiple climbs with last mountain not too steep but maybe they'll go for it,who knows.

He's gonna do a defensive ride?

9Po8Heh.jpg

WsPvg1n.jpg

PbNnvyU.jpg

Brace yourself.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
MBotero said:

The last 2 climbs are infact both very steep (by Tour standards)

6299778-stigninger.png.jpg

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Fight.The.Power said:

yeah ,very short,thats why Im backing my man Riblon at 29/1:eek:
So Riblon or Alberto ftw!:D

Yep,great design indeed.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
MBotero said:
Purito was ridiculous yesterday sprinting for what 1 or 2 points ,this stage is a lot better to showboat for a top cyclist like him.

Yup fair point, and seems a very low prize for showing his intentions for this years Tour.

Maybe he was just testing his own form ?

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So great to start holiday and kick it off with such a great stage.:D

I hope for some early action. Nieve, Fränk, Horner, Zubeldia are possible men for a nice break. Hopefully Purito will be in action again. In fact, he's my pick for the stage.

Alberto will try on Chevrères.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Eyeballs Out said:
I don't know if Riblon is sick or injured but so far he's looking like a contender for the lantern rouge
that his style I believe:cool:
Fight.The.Power said:
Will we see Brice Feillu do anything ever again ?

At 150:1 the odds say maybe ?
Firstly,youve got very good odds.Secondly,yeah,its possible,he looks really good this Tour,definitely worth a single euro:)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
why would you back him at such low odds? you can get 50.1 at least on betfair
Now?(or 10 minutes before the stage)
If so,I dont have an acount here.(its not worth it,cuz I dont do big bets like you or others here:D)

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Sunny at the start but that will be of little comfort for the riders as there are heavy showers expected for most of the stage. (from cyclingnews live ticker).

Nibali likes the rain.

TRENDING THREADS