• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 10: Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles 161.5 Km

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
the_cutter said:
If Martin bridges Kwiatek back to the break then what happens? Will Westra pull at all? And surely Saxo and Sky can't allow Kwiatek 5+mins and so who loses his nerve first and takes over the Lotto holiday train?
Wait and see... It will be fun to watch... :cool:

From CN live ticker:

"And Barta has picked up his suitcase of courage ™ from left over luggage and made contact with the leaders too."

I have noticed several quite funny posts in their live coverage over the recent days, but using this borrowed expression and decorating it with little trade mark sign is the best for me so far.
:D

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Is there any chance Martin could compete with TV and JRod for mountain points if he and Kwiatkowski connect on the downhill (which I assume they will). Or is his climbing not in the same class?

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
Is there any chance Martin could compete with TV and JRod for mountain points if he and Kwiatkowski connect on the downhill (which I assume they will). Or is his climbing not in the same class?

I think his climbing is good enough but I don't think he has the acceleration to beat Purito. Still you don't get too many more points for winning a climb then you do for getting 2nd or 3rd. He just needs to stay close if he wants to win that jersey.

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:
It's a risk for Astana as well.
Sure, but they have Westra upfront and Nibbles has 2mins more on Kwiatek than the rest. They have no reason to start pulling sooner than Saxo or Sky. As a matter fact I would tell Westra to pull even with them in the break.

TRENDING THREADS