• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 10: Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles 161.5 Km

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Pinot should have attacked earlier : Scarponi's rythm was quite slow for 3ks and Pinot could have been let go by Nibali... a Stage would have been awesome !

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
gustienordic said:
With Nibali climbing like this, he might have buried Contador and Froome anyway :0
jesus-facepalm.jpg

10characters

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
So I think today shows that the forum members are so one eyed that their opinions are often clueless

Remember, most people before the Tour started questioned if Nibali could beat Valverde for third. Even today it seemed like half the forum thought that Porte would outclimb him

Afrank said:
Kwiat 2:14 back. loses white. Good efforts by him for the day though.

Yeah. If he could only hold on for another 1-2km the losses would be around 1:00. Thats what I was hoping for. Oh well, I guess it will be white for Bardet and his advantage is only going to grow from now on. Maybe the goal now for OPQS will be to take 1-2 in TT? :D

VDB telling Sporza what happened to Contador:

Apparently he tried to move past VDB and some others and got out of his saddle to accelerate, he than hit a pothole and did a somersault.

Seems like a combination of taking unnecessary risks and getting very unlucky.

Vandenbroeck says that Contador fell because Contador tried to sprint past the peloton when they were going easy downhill, then Contador went into a ditch and crashed. Vandenbroeck said it was a dumb move by Contador and it wasn't really a moment to move up. The peloton was going at easy pace after all.

TRENDING THREADS