• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 18: Pau–Hautacam (145.5 Km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 28, 2010
Visit site
Nice move, Valverde, he needs time on Peraud. Who can start pulling them back? Astana has still several men there, but they don't look too fazed.

I expected Pinot to attack, but Valv attacked instead. Nice indeed.

the_cutter said:
Nice move, Valverde, he needs time on Peraud. Who can start pulling them back? Astana has still several men there, but they don't look too fazed.

I expected Pinot to attack, but Valv attacked instead. Nice indeed.
Valverde is sensing he's going to be dropped big time on the ascent to Huatacam

May 28, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Should have used Gadret and Visconti to trim down the peloton first. Stupid.
Yeah, what's exactly the point of them two sitting in the main group? Valverde is not gaining any time and I've seen BMC, NetApp and I think others taking pulls.

Oh well, at least they gained some time back and Nibbles can go for the win.

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
How many minutes do we think will they need at the base of the Hautacam then to stay away for the stage win?

Nieve has looked good, but 3mins doesn't seem enough with Scarpa, Kangs and Bird being still there for Astana. If Astana rides then they get caught.

TRENDING THREADS