• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de Suisse: Stage 8: Delémont→Verbier (219 Km)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hakkapelit said:
So Tonys teammates arent **** compared to ACs in Dauphine cause those were supposed to be better while these aren't, or what is it you are trying to convey?

No, I wasn't comparing them to Contadors teammates. I was just saying that neither of the OPQS-boys is a climber or of great help in the mountains. So of course they were "pathetic". And you can't expect them to perform otherwise. There was no necessity of stating the obvious. :rolleyes:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Chavez= the next Quintana without a doubt - mark my words:cool:

He will be the next Colombian GT winner even before Uran.

OGE has a pure diamond- just hope they realize it take good care of him:)
1.worse tt,worse climbing but! better punch,in general a bit worse imo

2.I agree,true (bananito o chavito imo)

3.very true:)

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Some guys already took the time on the climb..

5 minutes slower than 2009. But they also said that the last 4km where about the same pace as Andy in 2009 (Contador still a kit faster).
Its in the first 5.5km the peloton went really slow.

Didn't they finish on a different place in the Tour? I can't remember the climb having a downhill section

no, it was the same finish spot but they took a walk in verbier today, extra 1,5 kms or something of flat. can't compare it to 2009 because it wasn't same exact route
but it was obvious they went very slow at the beginning because the breakaway guy was putting time to the peloton lol. then bjorn thurau attacks, new charly gaul...
it was a joke of a fight

Dekker_Tifosi said:
And the amazing works of Rafael Valls. (unfairly Cattaneo took all the credit because both the Belgian and English commentators had it wrong)
It's great to see Valls riding so well. When he rode the Tour with Footon he made an awesome attack on Pailheres (?) going after Sastre, really well done that day!