• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Vuelta a España, Stage 14: Santander → La Camperona. (201 Km)

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Cringing at the Valverde bash. If he doesn't attack, he's a shameless wheelsucker, if he does, he's as dumb as a rock for doing so. You are incredible. He attacked on the only section he could make the difference, he's not the rider for the uber steep slopes. He failed, but tried. It was the only way if he wanted to distance the others, he just could not. You'd be choking on your own hate had he just sat there in the wheel of Contador.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Cance > TheRest said:
When was the last time that Froome attacked from more than 30 km out ? :rolleyes:

Not sure maybe Romandie with Spilak why does that matter lol he as not had too. He is clearly not in great shape how come he lost loads in an ITT? All im saying isit is a very gutsy rider by him i maybe went a bit over the top but you telling me their is much diff between Froome and Contador? Their easily the most fun too watch in mountains imo?

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Power metre racing all the way now. Lol. Contador ****ed himself trying to race valverde. Time to settle down and stay on Froomes wheel. Valverde will just fade next 2 days. Froome still in with a good chance although they all know his game plan now.

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow, AC doubting a bit. With Lagos de Covadonga, La Farrapona and especially Ancares up ahead... it would be a big mistake to think that Chris is out of contention.

I personally think that Lagos is a climb that Froome is really not going to like but the other two are his cup of tea.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Let's remember to keep things civil, Tanks free to express his like for Froome and others are free to express their dislike of Froome.

No need for personal attacks or calling each other trolls or anything else like that.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Cance > TheRest said:
You mean, he is one of the best posters because you two share the same views:D

Well i like Contador as i said ever since seeing him crash out are you even paying attention this is not your stupid world Contador vs Froome. Thats what your mind is not mine i like both prefer Froome if i had the choice but watching his recovery from the leg is great to me i love his style you just hate Froome you know it. You are so biast other day you said Froome never faced "this" Contador last year did you not? How was that relevant it is not like this is Froome 13 isit?

May 17, 2014
Visit site
TANK91 said:
Must hurt to know Froome is the same rider as Contador who attacks and does some stuff you think WOW. Im annoying yet your a troll for failing to see how good that was, he lost nearly 1 min in a bloody ITT for crying out loud. I can at least acknowledge Contador has been the best this season he as been a beast you probably aint got it in you to congratualte Froome. Go to the Contador thread for my positive comments about Contador, unlike you i dont constantly hate one because i like one rider.

It's not about hating Froome here, it's just that comparing Froome to Contador is a kind of foolish thing to do. You'll never see Froome going kamikaze and attacking from way out. Plus Bertie looks so much better on the bike than the Dawg.

TANK91 said:
Not sure maybe Romandie with Spilak why does that matter lol he as not had too. He is clearly not in great shape how come he lost loads in an ITT? All im saying isit is a very gutsy rider by him i maybe went a bit over the top but you telling me their is much diff between Froome and Contador? Their easily the most fun too watch in mountains imo?

Agree with all of this. Whether you like him or not, Froome's renaissance today is great for the race - it was beginning to look like a procession for Contador since Quintana quit. Rodriguez and Valverde were never going to seriously challenge him.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a £10 bet on with my mate for the title. He picked Quintana and me, Froome. I said if Contador Wins I will burn the money in celebration !. Wonder what its gonna be !

PirazziAttacksVino said:
It's not about hating Froome here, it's just that comparing Froome to Contador is a kind of foolish thing to do. You'll never see Froome going kamikaze and attacking from way out. Plus Bertie looks so much better on the bike than the Dawg.

Welcome to the realm of subjectivity. :)

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
BigMac said:
Not really, no. Until today I did not care much about Froome but always considered TANK a good poster. ;)

Thanks for support mate i dont get how being a Froome fan means im worst poster but whatever...

Im at the stage now were it feels if i mention Froome i must mention Contador else you get attacked for it. Contador is the best GC rider of year so all you haters saying stuff chew on that one when im saying he is the best:).

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
What a spectacle...!

As much as I don't want Froome to win.
This is actually the best thing that could happen.
If Contador had just smashed them, race would be over..

Now we could be in for a real treat...

The_Juan said:
Wow, AC doubting a bit. With Lagos de Covadonga, La Farrapona and especially Ancares up ahead... it would be a big mistake to think that Chris is out of contention.

I personally think that Lagos is a climb that Froome is really not going to like but the other two are his cup of tea.

Farrapona should be perfect for Froome. Depending on how tomorrow goes, I wonder if Contador would be tempted to try to distance him on the San Lorenzo - which definitely isn't Froome's cup of tea! The false flat at the bottom of Farrapona might make it impossible though.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
This was a great ride from Froome, but he gained a whopping 7 seconds on a Contador who is still 1:13 ahead and still recovering from a broken leg. It seems a bit early for the Sky fans to start their circle jerk.

Im certainly not i feel Contador will win La Vuelta but it was certainly a great ride that gives me hope he could be on an upward rise Contador the other way, we will know next two days.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, if Froome just decide: **** my stem, and actually remains in front during the beginning of the climb, we can get a bloody good fight.

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
PirazziAttacksVino said:
This

TANK,
You're statement that froome was the most exciting rider was stupid and constant repetition doesnt make it any more true. That's what i was annoyed about. I don't hate froome or any other person.

TANK91 said:
Thanks for support mate i dont get how being a Froome fan means im worst poster but whatever...

Im at the stage now were it feels if i mention Froome i must mention Contador else you get attacked for it. Contador is the best GC rider of year so all you haters saying stuff chew on that one when im saying he is the best:).

Cheers. I see what you mean. :)

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
PirazziAttacksVino said:

Thing is i was not comparing them at first i said he is most exciting FACT. Then i get attacked by some Contador fan. Sayinng no one lieks Froome and im worst poster. I never knew it was not ok to just mention just Froome. Then i just compared them then because it is true Froome has attacked more than Contador for last two years it is a fact.