• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Abu Dhabi Tour, 8-11th October, 2.1

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
jmdirt said:
Its a shame that Boonen just said in an interview that he was mentally and physically as good as 2012, and then he crashed hard a few hours later. I would like to see him have one more strong season.
Must be a hero in Belgium. I don't understand why he still has a contract.

Well, I hope he recovers from the crash.
Lol this is the worst BS I've ever read on here :D

Tyr said:
BigMac said:
lemon cheese cake said:
BigMac said:
The suggestion that Boonen doesn't deserve his place is the most bizarre thing I've heard all week.
In Etixx?

Yeah. Or elsewhere for that matter.

Because he used to be good or because he is Belgian?

Because he's always an asset, because he's Tom Boonen and because half the team would have to be ditched before him. ;)

Too bad Voss was disqualified for punching Zurlo in the ribs after the intermediate sprint near-collision. He should have punched him in the head!
It is very clear in the video that Zurlo looked directly at Voss before he peeled-off his lead-out, then cut him-off intentionally!

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Half expected to come here and find over the top concern about Boonen's health, instead it's moronic comments about him not deserving a contract, poor old Tom! Let's hope he can get one more clean classic campaign and remind us all just how good a rider he still is ;)

Re:

Backroader69 said:
Too bad Voss was disqualified for punching Zurlo in the ribs after the intermediate sprint near-collision. He should have punched him in the head!
It is very clear in the video that Zurlo looked directly at Voss before he peeled-off his lead-out, then cut him-off intentionally!

it's not clear at all. i've seen cav doing this a 100 times. and he wasn't punched by anyone. not even by haussler.

jens_attacks said:
Backroader69 said:

it's not clear at all. i've seen cav doing this a 100 times. and he wasn't punched by anyone. not even by haussler.
Well, it looks like Voss almost crashed because of Zurlo's move, and he did look around to him, so I think Zurlo should have been punished as well, although not by disqualification.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myJew8oNWe8

Zurlo did try to block him, but doesn't that happen all the time in sprints, leadout men dropping off in a way that forces the other sprinters to go round him? Yes Zurlo should have gotten a penalty for that, but Voss hitting him is not cool and he was rightfully DSQ'ed.

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
It is funny in cycling how the initial aggression (even ones that directly threaten injury) is punished lightly or not at all, but an angry reaction is heavily censured, even when the parties seem to be satiated.

Re:

Backroader69 said:
AGREE. Very unsportman and dangerous move by Zurlo.

Escarabajo said:
jmdirt said:
Its a shame that Boonen just said in an interview that he was mentally and physically as good as 2012, and then he crashed hard a few hours later. I would like to see him have one more strong season.
Must be a hero in Belgium. I don't understand why he still has a contract.

Well, I hope he recovers from the crash.
He has god like status that sponsors love.

TRENDING THREADS