• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dauphiné, stage 6: S-B-en-C > Villard-de-Lans 183km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Five riders in the lead

Tony Martin has been rejoined by the quartet formed of Nibali, Valverde, Rui Costa and Gallopin. The yellow-blue jersey group has decided to slow down and wait for more chasers. It's now a peloton of approximately 50 riders, including Nacer Bouhanni, timed at 2.50 at km 102.

I think Valverde might have switched bike with Gadret at one point, since the graphic thinks it's him in the break. Hmm. I thought you weren't allowed to give mechanical assistance to another team? #TeamGadret

A couple of years ago, all the talk was about how stage racing is boring. And I admit that it was getting that way.

However, so many stages and GC battles in 1-week races and the Giro have restored my faith in bike racing.

Pity I can't see the bloody race today mind you!

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
Five riders in the lead

Tony Martin has been rejoined by the quartet formed of Nibali, Valverde, Rui Costa and Gallopin. The yellow-blue jersey group has decided to slow down and wait for more chasers. It's now a peloton of approximately 50 riders, including Nacer Bouhanni, timed at 2.50 at km 102.

I think Valverde might have switched bike with Gadret at one point, since the graphic thinks it's him in the break. Hmm. I thought you weren't allowed to give mechanical assistance to another team? #TeamGadret

No worries. Gadret is in Movistar.

Re: Re:

Jalgratas95 said:
Netserk said:
Five riders in the lead

It's an old joke. Gadret only rides for team Gadret.

May 27, 2015
Visit site

Netserk said:
Jalgratas95 said:
Netserk said:
Five riders in the lead

It's an old joke. Gadret only rides for team Gadret.

Oops. :eek:

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
This is the nibali we all know, good job.

This is one of the best seasons we had in a while, sadly enough some of the epic ones will never been seen by us. Need live coverage :(

Is it reallly that expensive to let the camera's run on the moto, the whole time? Ok you can't do it live on tv in the beginnning but give the fans a livestream until the tv coverage starts.

Like why not? I don't get cycling sometimes.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:

This is one of the best seasons we had in a while, sadly enough some of the epic ones will never been seen by us. Need live coverage :(

Is it reallly that expensive to let the camera's run on the moto, the whole time? Ok you can't do it live on tv in the beginnning but give the fans a livestream until the tv coverage starts.

I guess you don't know a thing about how broadcasting works. they need an airplane in the air the whole time as well. even just for motorbike camera's

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Jagartrott said:
Is the 'peloton' still the same 15-ish riders? Gap up to above 3 minutes. Looks like Froome and Van Garderen could use some help...

Looks like they waited and peleton got back up to 50 or so riders in the decent. But regardless they still lost more time even after that. And now we have the cat1 where it will all blow up again, so looking good for the break imo.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Ryo Hazuki said:
Miburo said:

I guess you don't know a thing about how broadcasting works. they need an airplane in the air the whole time as well. even just for motorbike camera's

i don't need the airplane, motorbike is enough. Why would that be such a big effort? Explain to me since you know a lot about it

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Miburo said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Miburo said:

i don't need the airplane, motorbike is enough. Why would that be such a big effort? Explain to me since you know a lot about it
to even have any kind of camera transmitting, from a motorbike or anything an airplane is needed in the air constantly.

TRENDING THREADS