• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 G.P Ouest France - Plouay 229km, August 30

2015 Grand-Prix de Plouay
Great ladies race, hope the men can deliver something unexpected. It's been done before. In the end should give us an idea of who's in form for Québec and Montréal and above all, the first names likely to perform in Richmond. The finales are a bit identic. Hardmen Vs. Attackers.

Startlist: http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/GP_Ouest_France_Plouay_2015-startlist
Broadcast: Official site says France 3 and Eurosport, though the latter isn't scheduled to do it. Maybe UCI's YouTube channel will have it as well. Online streams should be shared closer to the race's start.

The course:
SSExlWz.gif

8 laps *
xcclYfN.gif

1 lap *
20SoTXy.gif

Last year's top ten:
1. Sylvain Chavanel
2. Andrea Fedi (in race)
3. Arthur Vichot (in race)
4. Cyril Gautier
5. Julian Alaphilippe (in race)
6. Tim Wellens (in race)
7. Ben Hermans (in race)
8. Alexander Kristoff (in race)
9. Giacomo Nizzolo (in race)
10. Jurgen Roelandts (in race)

* Thanks to Tank Engine for the info.

They do 8 laps of the big circuit and then one of the shorter circuit (leaving out the long drag and sharper descent in the middle). As usual it will be a battle between the puncheurs and the hardman sprinters. Based on the women's race, I'd give the puncheurs the advantage.

BMC, Etixx and Lotto have got strong squads (as always for these types of races). Lampre and Orica have got decent firepower as well.

What I expect: Lots of french teams attacking, a war of attrition and the big teams setting up their puncheurs from a small group sprint just ahead of a much reduced peloton.

1. Gallopin
2. Alaphilippe
3. GvA

Re:

Tank Engine said:
They do 8 laps of the big circuit and then one of the shorter circuit (leaving out the long drag and sharper descent in the middle). As usual it will be a battle between the puncheurs and the hardman sprinters. Based on the women's race, I'd give the puncheurs the advantage.

BMC, Etixx and Lotto have got strong squads (as always for these types of races). Lampre and Orica have got decent firepower as well.

What I expect: Lots of french teams attacking, a war of attrition and the big teams setting up their puncheurs from a small group sprint just ahead of a much reduced peloton.

1. Gallopin
2. Alaphilippe
3. GvA

Thanks for clearing that out, will add the other profile.

edit: I'll be away for the day, likely. Streams should be available here (http://www.sportcategory.com/c-9.html) later.