• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Giro d'Italia, St. 8: Fiuggi – Campitello Matese 186 km

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:
Nice win by Beñat! :)

By the way; let's now finally agree that dislocated joints are usually not very serious - like everybody who has experience with them has been saying all the time already - and Contador is more or less fine so we can stop making a drama about his shoulder........
FWIW there were plenty of people who said they had had a shoulder dislocation and had issues for weeks, massive pain etc and couldn't move arm, so there is clearly a big difference between individual cases.

Noooot true!

Dislocations alone are not that painful. It´s the inflamation and/or infection that can be really painfull.

JRanton said:
maltiv said:
Contador looked like he was suffering like a dog.

His rivals will regret missing this opportunity.

They tried to attack and Contador responded. Not sure what else they were supposed to do?
Well, they mostly paced him. I don't think Sky should've chased after Landa. It's important to force Contador to chase. Then if they all stand still, they can trade attacks.

Re:

sir fly said:
Astana has huge advantage in numbers, but couldn't utilize it fully today.
Sky really lacks a sense for racing. Should Richie has been little less enthusiastic and if Astana has lined its numbers differently - they all could have gained some time on Contador.

What? How do you work that out?

You're all buying the BS about Contador being injured when he evidently isn't. He's fine.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
FWIW there were plenty of people who said they had had a shoulder dislocation and had issues for weeks, massive pain etc and couldn't move arm, so there is clearly a big difference between individual cases.

True but you could see Contador dancing on the bike and his his shoulder already multiple times, so clearly it wasn't that bad.

I also have a friend who got a dislocated shoulder and needed serious painkillers a few days after and couldn't really use his shoulder for a couple of weeks. But he actually damaged some stuff and his shoulder because of the dislocation and that was also the diagnosis of the doctor. If Contador had said 'I dislocated my shoulder and I damaged a ligament' or something, I would've been inclined to take it more seriously.

But anyway, for whatever doubt remained, it was good to see Contador is indeed not hurt too bad and we still have a nice three way battle in the Giro. :)

(Although, to be honest, I still don't believe Porte can be consistent for three weeks. So I suspect it will be just between Aru and Contador)

May 12, 2015
Visit site
First test passed. I really do not know what Aru and Porte are waiting for. Alberto is only going to get stronger, and it´s public knowledge that everyone goes all-out the first real mountain stage.

Little by little there will be a selection here and there and, provided nothing funky takes place, Alberto will be in the top 3.

And if Alberto gets to the Mortirolo fighting for the MR, even my dog can guarantee you it´ll be a looooooong third week for everyone.

winkybiker said:
Netserk said:
LaFlorecita said:
winkybiker said:
So if Landa had sat up and let Artu take 3rd, would Aru be pink jersey?
Yep
Wouldn't he be 2nd, behind Contador but with the same time?

My understanding is that Aru would have picked up 8 seconds for third, putting him in the lead by 4 seconds.
Bonus seconds are 10-6-4, not 20-12-8 like a few years ago :)

The Hitch said:
Pricey_sky said:
Yet again more proof that there is little between the 3 favourites.
I don't know. 2010 Tour for example first stage mountain stage to Morzine was really really hard, and raced hard, to the point that Armstrong lost 10 minutes. But 10 gc riders managed to finish together.

The next day 2 finished together, the 3rd finished 1.20, 3 more gc riders finished around 2.30, a fewmore at 3.30, the yellow jersey lost 10 minutes, you never know, and this wasn't even that hard a stage.

The yellow jersey had an injured elbow.

Maaaaaaaarten said:
LaFlorecita said:

True but you could see Contador dancing on the bike and his his shoulder already multiple times, so clearly it wasn't that bad.

I also have a friend who got a dislocated shoulder and needed serious painkillers a few days after and couldn't really use his shoulder for a couple of weeks. But he actually damaged some stuff and his shoulder because of the dislocation and that was also the diagnosis of the doctor. If Contador had said 'I dislocated my shoulder and I damaged a ligament' or something, I would've been inclined to take it more seriously.

But anyway, for whatever doubt remained, it was good to see Contador is indeed not hurt too bad and we still have a nice three way battle in the Giro. :)

(Although, to be honest, I still don't believe Porte can be consistent for three weeks. So I suspect it will be just between Aru and Contador)
I agree with you, no additional damage was mentioned and if that was the case I doubt he would still be riding, so it was obviously not terrible. But he still performed very well IMO as you could see he wasn't 100% :) this is the worst Contador we're going to see this Giro and Aru and porte could not get rid of him despite trying :)

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Bit of an odd stage with the GC guys with Caruso and Cunego finishing 10sec down from the maglia rosa group. As well as Quran and Cataldo riding well. At the moment I can't see Porte or Aru attacking and staying away, the 2 MTF they haven't convinced me, then again neither has Contador, his attack on stage 5 was the best so far of the GC men, but still wasn't good enough to stay away.

I'm beginning to think the time-trial is going to be the decider, this favours Porte and Uran, but with a 60km TT who knows.

Re: 2015 Giro d'Italia, St. 8: Fiuggi – Campitello Matese 18

Very special day for me becouse I treated a lot with Intxausti in Vuelta 2010, Landa is almost a friend, Rigo is the rider I have follow more since he started, and I am happy as well to see Contador with any problem. Amador as well is a friend of a friend, so... what can I say:

W IL GIRO.

Thank you riders for this day

10610484_10152638022638839_5578357713983549131_n.jpg

I would like to explain why Landa did that, but I cant. Maybe the future will talk. Anyway he will lose a lot in the ITT, he is not good in the plain at all.

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: 2015 Giro d'Italia, St. 8: Fiuggi – Campitello Matese 18

Taxus4a said:
Very special day for me becouse I treated a lot with Intxausti in Vuelta 2010, Landa is almost a friend, Rigo is the rider I have follow more since he started, and I am happy as well to see Contador with any problem. Amador as well is a friend of a friend, so... what can I say:

W IL GIRO.

Thank you riders for this day

10610484_10152638022638839_5578357713983549131_n.jpg

I would like to explain why Landa did that, but I cant. Maybe the future will talk. Anyway he will lose a lot in the ITT, he is not good in the plain at all.

That dude to the right needs to get his teeth fixed.

Either that or don´t smile.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Rollthedice said:
Alexandre B. said:
Landa is at Contador - Porte level and Cataldo is not far behind. I'm surprised, to say the least.

I would say the other way around. Contador has to step up his game if he wants to have a chance with Froome, Nibs and Nairito.

Froome and Nairito didn't convice me really in the spring too.