• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Giro d'Italia, stage 11: Forlì - Imola 153km

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The reason Alberto attacked close to the summit of Tre Monti is because with 8km to go, alarm bells would go off and combine that with panic, late-race fatigue and a wet descent and there's a good chance that someone will slip out in a corner and cause delays. Sky in particular have a recent record with slide-outs in wet descents.

It's a no-brainer; if you have 3 options to gain time, use the best one. If you only have one, there is nothing optional; you use it. It's a 'marginal' thing.

I already saw a few days ago when Porte took over from Aru's attack that Aru was the weakest of the 3 (Contador/Porte/Aru). Today confirms my suspisions. He'll keep trying but Contador (for sure) and Porte are stronger. Luckily Porte always has a bad day and is already 3 min back.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Campervan man said:
http://imgur.com/UyCXOUl

Today's winner, well deserved.

Edit definitely a bit of Froome style there!

You're not kidding. If I didn't know better, I'd think Makarov had secretly done a deal to place Froome in a wig and a Katusha kit, just to win races. Does Brailsford know about this treason? Have we ever seen Froome and Zakarin in the same room?!? :eek:

:D

Re:

Andre.J said:
This Giro is shot. Worse par-course ever. Tour of California was better. The Giro used to always be exciting and have great stages.
I disagree. I think it's equivalent to a nice Par-72. Everyone like's the Par-73s now but Par-72 is still the best, IMHO. Pebble Beach is a good example. I've heard it has a nice parcourse for joggers nearby and is also quite close to the Amgen TOC parcours.

Re: Re:

Beech Mtn said:
You're not kidding. If I didn't know better, I'd think Makarov had secretly done a deal to place Froome in a wig and a Katusha kit, just to win races. Does Brailsford know about this treason? Have we ever seen Froome and Zakarin in the same room?!? :eek:

Actually, Zakarin still has a lot to learn. For example, he doesn't hold his elbows that way even when standing on the podium

565-PIC534470809.jpg

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

shalgo said:
Beech Mtn said:

Actually, Zakarin still has a lot to learn. For example, he doesn't hold his elbows that way even when standing on the podium

565-PIC534470809.jpg

You just had to go and post that picture :D

TRENDING THREADS