• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Ronde van België (Baloise Belgium Tour) 27-31/05 2.HC

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Good ride from Van Avermaet.

Benoot is so strong. Only 21 years old! The Belgians have their heir for the classics. :)

(Van Der Poel got caught by the Elmiger group and Teuns passed him in the GC, so if I got it right he will be 6th in the GC, which is still pretty good for a 20 year old cyclocrosser in his first professional road race this season)

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Impressive by Benoot, but Van Avermaet deserves the win too! Nice ride by Foliforov and also by Teuns, future prospects I guess. Bille will also go PCT or WT again I think after this showing.

Re:

Wow 2 days after the end of it, and this thread is already relegated to Page 2. It speaks volume for this forum's lack of concern for real cycling.

Maaaaaaaarten said:

Benoot is so strong. Only 21 years old! The Belgians have their heir for the classics. :)

(Van Der Poel got caught by the Elmiger group and Teuns passed him in the GC, so if I got it right he will be 6th in the GC, which is still pretty good for a 20 year old cyclocrosser in his first professional road race this season)

Shame I couldn't watch any stage but create to see all those Belgium-born talented riders in the top10. Must be my favourite result of the year. Mathieu seems to be the only crosser to perform, though. Normally the Tour of Belgium is the rendez-vous for crossers but here only teammate Walsleben was classified besides Mathieu. Where were the Fideas and Sunweb ???

Van Avermaet shows that he's a real winner! What a palmares he's got now! :cool:

Re: Re:

Echoes said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:

Shame I couldn't watch any stage but create to see all those Belgium-born talented riders in the top10. Must be my favourite result of the year. Mathieu seems to be the only crosser to perform, though. Normally the Tour of Belgium is the rendez-vous for crossers but here only teammate Walsleben was classified besides Mathieu. Where were the Fideas and Sunweb ???
van Aert was there or there abouts until he crashed on the final day.

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Echoes said:
Wow 2 days after the end of it, and this thread is already relegated to Page 2. It speaks volume for this forum's lack of concern for real cycling.

Maaaaaaaarten said:

Van Avermaet shows that he's a real winner! What a palmares he's got now! :cool:
Unless Contador is involved no one cares.

TRENDING THREADS