• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France: Stage 1, Utrecht-Utrecht

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

DenisMenchov said:
Nice
GESINK Robert + 00' 33'
MOLLEMA Bauke + 00' 37''
PINOT Thibaut + 00' 41''
All better than the BIG4

Yes, Nibali wasn't that good; Froome and Contador were over par today. (I almost said under par, but that's good in golf.)

It's hard to say what role the wind played, but don't forget Cancellara was also a late starter and he took over half a minute on Nibali.

Re: Re:

Kwibus said:
franic said:
Escarabajo said:
For all people who came to the Forum late, the wind did not change direction, it just picked up a bit more.

I called it many time many pages ago.

Thanks
!!!!!!!!
It was a back and forth course, so it’s obvious direction doesn’t matter.

That's being said quite often, but reality is that headwind simply hurts more then the tailwind helps you.

Every Tt where this happens the riders with more wind lose more time.
It is worse if the headwind happened in the second section.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Netserk said:
franic said:
Escarabajo said:
For all people who came to the Forum late, the wind did not change direction, it just picked up a bit more.

Thanks
!!!!!!!!
But when it picks up, it is OBVIOUS that it's a disadvantage.
Yes, that’s my point. What mattered was intensity not direction

franic said:
Netserk said:
franic said:
Escarabajo said:

Thanks
!!!!!!!!
But when it picks up, it is OBVIOUS that it's a disadvantage.
Yes, that’s my point. What mattered was intensity not direction

Misunderstood you then. Apologies.

rm7 said:
Alcanelo said:
mr. tibbs said:
SeriousSam said:
Impressive. Nibali, who most here rated as an inferior TTer compared to Contador and Froome beats them under the same conditions. He continues to surprise.

...Yep. ;)

Happy for Pinot. The wind must have changed toward the end. Good day all around. I wouldn't mind seeing Froome, Quintana, and Contador with 1:30 or 2:00 to make up on Nibali in the mountains. Would make for spectacular racing.

How in the name of God will Nibali put nearly 2 minutes into them before the mountains?

I don't know if you already forgot last year? Of course the rain played a part, but it could be 1-1:30 before the mountains, also if Astana are very strong in the TTT.

But Tinkoff Saxo looks good for the TTT, but SKY looks little bad.

Are you blind as well as biased

Sky
Thomas - 33"
Konig - 43"
Froome - 50"
Poels - 1.05
Kennaugh 1 .06"

TCS
Sagan - 41"
Rogers - 43"
Contador - 58"
Kreuz - 1.06
Bennatti - 1.16

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Rohan Dennis' position on the bike looked miles better than anyone else today, his head was almost touching his arms. Looked infintely more aero than anything else. Though I'm sure all the other teams have been in the wind tunnels etc it was just bizzare to see that difference.

HelloDolly said:
rm7 said:
Alcanelo said:
mr. tibbs said:
SeriousSam said:
Impressive. Nibali, who most here rated as an inferior TTer compared to Contador and Froome beats them under the same conditions. He continues to surprise.

...Yep. ;)

Happy for Pinot. The wind must have changed toward the end. Good day all around. I wouldn't mind seeing Froome, Quintana, and Contador with 1:30 or 2:00 to make up on Nibali in the mountains. Would make for spectacular racing.

How in the name of God will Nibali put nearly 2 minutes into them before the mountains?

I don't know if you already forgot last year? Of course the rain played a part, but it could be 1-1:30 before the mountains, also if Astana are very strong in the TTT.

But Tinkoff Saxo looks good for the TTT, but SKY looks little bad.

Are you blind as well as biased

Sky
Thomas - 33"
Konig - 43"
Froome - 50"
Poels - 1.05
Kennaugh 1 .06"

TCS
Sagan - 41"
Rogers - 43"
Contador - 58"
Kreuz - 1.06
Bennatti - 1.16
Check Movistar's times! :p

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Looks like the wind changed in the end. Cost them maybe 10s or so. Still, Nibali rode better than Contador and Froome. Froome will be strong in the mountains but I had expected more from him.

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

franic said:
concorde said:
Happy dude said:
Nuclear Nibali.

And Surely Dennis is the big winner

Indeed, ive started on the beer. Dont have champagne :D

I do think i will waste my winnings during the rest of the Tour though, or maybe not if i pick the winner for every stage ill be rich (richer). :D
Congrats bro. I guess we got a great pick!

You to, thought i was the only one betting on Dennis. Im addicted to cycling news, so i dont think it was luck though :D. And as ROhan said "Ive been training all season for this time trial" .. Dedication works both for cyclists and gamblers :D

Tomorrow is a new day with new bets ..

concorde said:
del1962 said:
Dont think he will win it but you can get really good odds on Castroviejo at 200/1, he has a far better chance than many with better odds

If he beats his teamate Malori i will make a video where i eat my socks. :D

If you could place bets on placings it would be a better deal to bet for 4th place for Malori. Castroviejo i would bet 12th place .

I am looking forward to seein the video of you eatick your socks, put it on youtube and place a link here :D

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

del1962 said:
concorde said:
del1962 said:
Dont think he will win it but you can get really good odds on Castroviejo at 200/1, he has a far better chance than many with better odds

If he beats his teamate Malori i will make a video where i eat my socks. :D

If you could place bets on placings it would be a better deal to bet for 4th place for Malori. Castroviejo i would bet 12th place .

I am looking forward to seein the video of you eatick your socks, put it on youtube and place a link here :D

OMg,. there is always a flip side to success . I will make a video, im man of my words. PLease wait until i get some more beer inside my belly though :D