• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 11: Pau › Cauterets

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
a massive gap behind the yellow jersey group, all riders behind it can kiss goodbye any hope of a top10 finish. There are only about 15/16 cyclists in real contention for a top10 left.

Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
FootonFan said:
Pantani Attacks said:
FootonFan said:
Tinkov to ride for the polka-dot jersey now. Pathetic. Contador is not even going to fight like he did in 2011, when he continued to animate the race with daring attacks.

Pipe down it's the first day after one of the toughest stages in Tour history...stop being so obtuse

It's a capitualtion. Oleg was boasting about how strong the team was going to be in the tour, that he was bringing Majka to work for Contador. That could have happened today. Instead, they're racing for minor placings for the rest of the race.
What the hell is the point of Majka working for Contador today? Unleashing Majka and letting him win MTF is the best Tinkov can do at this point.

Wait, I thought you were a part of the "I'm not interested in the Tour now" mob

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Brave rides by Barguil and specially Bardet, the guy looked paste grey yet fought till the end to try and salvage GC opportunities for the rest of the tour. Not sure if clever, but brave for sure.

Re:

sir fly said:
What's Majka's Alpine stage for this year?

Stage 18. Think he will go for it tommorow as well.
Stage 17 doesn't have enough mountain points plus everyone will be relatively fresh.
Stage 19 would be ideal but pace should be insane from the start so break might not make it.
Stage 20 is for Froome + last mountain stage so break won't make it either.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

@Poursuivant
yes my interest is greatly diminshed. let me know if you can't quite work out how that's consistent with the post you quoted.

Congratulations for Majka for his solo win! GC riders disappointed me completely but Sky was strong also today. Tomorrow on Plateau de Beille Froome will hit RPM redzone again but I hope that Nairo will ride with him this time as such multiclimb stage could be better for the Colombian.

cineteq said:
Movistar doing nothing...Unzue is such a coward...

+1
Porte was not making very hard pace (you could see that Majka was gaining when Porte was in front) and later Porte was dropped twice. If Movistar had pushed, maybe they could have isolate Froome. But they did not even try. Cowards.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Von Mises said:
cineteq said:

+1
Porte was not making very hard pace (you could see that Majka was gaining when Porte was in front) and later Porte was dropped twice. If Movistar had pushed, maybe they could have isolate Froome. But they did not even try. Cowards.

mah come on, what were they to do.. People here forget that what we are seeing is what we see a good 80% of all Tours : the boss stamps the race on the first couple of ITT/MTFs and from then on the others play for seconds... Happened all the time with Coppi, Anquetil, MErckx, Hinault, Indurain, Armstrong, with Riis and Ulrich, with Contador in 2009, etc...

Valverde has his last chance of doing a podium on the tour, and Quintana is too far behind. Both are playing it "2009 Schleck brothers style" : they race as if Froome wasn't there, their goal will be to try and beat TVG, Contador and all.

Von Mises said:
cineteq said:

+1
They probably could've dropped Vangarderen as well, but Valverde likely would've lost his overall placement and podium chances to Gesink and Contador.

I find it absolutely ludicrous to hear people calling riders cowards. Let's see, Valverde and Quintana had a very, very hard day on the bike yesterday. They had very few team mates left. It was 33C. Any attack was likely to fade in the easy descent off Tourmalet or in the easy bit at the last 3km for the stage.

And they are cowards?

Holy smoke. Some people on here are really, really strange.

Re:

TMP402 said:
Pretty good from Mollema - attacked and regardless of the 8 seconds he ultimately gained, caused Nibali to be dropped and thus moved himself up into the top 10.
Mollema was much better today than yesterday. He also said he had no problems on the Tourmalet and even had something in reserve there. I think yesterday was just a really bad day for many because of the flat run in and it being after a rest day.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Mozart92 said:
And once again a terribly boring Tour. Sky killing all attempts to give life to the race till Paris. Giro is way better.

giro isn't way better in itself, it's just that a race without an ultra dominant team (and leader) like Sky and Froome is way better... if the Giro was the most prestigious and media promoted race in the world, it would have had to suffer the same.

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
veji11 said:
Von Mises said:
cineteq said:

+1

mah come on, what were they to do.. People here forget that what we are seeing is what we see a good 80% of all Tours : the boss stamps the race on the first couple of ITT/MTFs and from then on the others play for seconds... Happened all the time with Coppi, Anquetil, MErckx, Hinault, Indurain, Armstrong, with Riis and Ulrich, with Contador in 2009, etc...

Valverde has his last chance of doing a podium on the tour, and Quintana is too far behind. Both are playing it "2009 Schleck brothers style" : they race as if Froome wasn't there, their goal will be to try and beat TVG, Contador and all.

This is the fifth year in a row the tour has been a foregone conclusion coming out of the first week. This is the reason that interest in the tour has fallen behind that of the Giro and Vuelta with hardcore cycling fans. I miss the Nibali of 2012 and the Contador of 2013, who didn't give up and kept fighting until the very end. This year appears to be a fight for the scraps.

TRENDING THREADS