• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France: Stage 2: Utrecht › Neeltje Jans (166k)

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
What cynical? This guy even bumps heads with opponents (risking 70 kmh accidents), or takes them out intentionally to crash. What a sick sick person he is...

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Vino's Mum said:
PremierAndrew said:
dicanio_michael said:
Punkan said:
Maybe Cav just gave up on instinct when he saw Griepel passing. When tired you don't always think and react like you should. Sure he feel bad that Canc took yellow.
Nice try, but he sure knew what he needed to do. They had radio and DS must had said it millions times.

Do you really think he remembered it and just couldn't be bothered for a team mate? :D

Sure, he forgot about Tony's yellow jersey, but the point is he shouldn't have.

Etixx had Cav, Tony, Rigo, Renshaw, Styby, and Kwiato in a lead group of 24... and Cav can't remember to at least come third for Tony.

Not saying Cav didn't totally f up, but some of the comments here are just so cynical towards him...

A lot of people don't like Cav. And most people respect Tony Martin. Great rider, always working for the team no matter what, and he seemed genuinely gutted that he couldn't get the yellow in post race interviews. Cav was not a good teammate today.

Also Majka and Keldermann 5 minutes down today. I know many on this board had high hopes for them.

Queens Boulevard said:
Also Majka and Keldermann 5 minutes down today. I know many on this board had high hopes for them.

so Gesing will be the LottoNL man for the GC

I liked the stage but, bar Froome and TJ, all the riders I like lost time: D.Martin Talansky Mollema Gesink Keldermann Bardet
Pinot I still have to begin to like him

PremierAndrew said:
Vino's Mum said:
PremierAndrew said:
dicanio_michael said:
Punkan said:
Maybe Cav just gave up on instinct when he saw Griepel passing. When tired you don't always think and react like you should. Sure he feel bad that Canc took yellow.
Nice try, but he sure knew what he needed to do. They had radio and DS must had said it millions times.

Do you really think he remembered it and just couldn't be bothered for a team mate? :D

Sure, he forgot about Tony's yellow jersey, but the point is he shouldn't have.

Etixx had Cav, Tony, Rigo, Renshaw, Styby, and Kwiato in a lead group of 24... and Cav can't remember to at least come third for Tony.

Not saying Cav didn't totally f up, but some of the comments here are just so cynical towards him...
The starting point should start with what he was thinking for the sprint, himself or the team.

No one was blaming Cav from losing. Any thing could happen on a sprint. After all the hard work did by his teammate, he just forgot a podium place on the stage ?

He is a world class athletes. I just say he is not a great team player as all others in the team, esp Martin and Kwaitkowski.

A great statrt to the tour. TJ, Bertie and especially Froome will be happy. Cav started out too early and then eased up at the end, a stupid error given the race situation. They really threw away a strong position. I didn't see how Nibali was gapped, but he was isolated and Saxo were very strong. G and Stannard did a good job, but Sky got the biggest advantage compared to the effort put in.

Edit: Congratulations to the Gorilla. It's nice to see such a strongman win such a stage

Re: 2015 Tour de France: Stage 2: Utrecht › Neeltje Jans (16

jaylew said:
Mr.White said:
Gigs_98 said:
I like cavendish, I like sagan, I like cancellara
but of course the german monkey that nobody likes wins the stage

Well I like him! And I'm glad he beat that egoistic idiot Cavendish!

I do too. Seems like a nice guy and has the best attitude among all the big sprinters. I like what he did with his early season this year as well as he was fun to watch in the Classics.

Sharing his food with others pulling at the front in I think RVV was a nice touch and made me like him more.

Mark Cavendish ‏@MarkCavendish 7m7 minutes ago

Look at this photo. If I could hang on for 3rd, I could hang on for the win... Some imbeciles think cycling is a...

16ioWsp.jpg

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

DBotero said:
Mark Cavendish ‏@MarkCavendish 7m7 minutes ago

Look at this photo. If I could hang on for 3rd, I could hang on for the win... Some imbeciles think cycling is a...

16ioWsp.jpg
terrific bike throw from Sagan :eek:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
"Mark Cavendish ‏@MarkCavendish 7m7 minutes ago

Look at this photo. If I could hang on for 3rd, I could hang on for the win... Some imbeciles think cycling is a..."

Too bad I am not on twitter. I would tell this genius who the real imbecile is. This hack took off in the split second he realized no shot at winning, after that he looked if he was still 3rd or whatever his "thinking" was.

He never admits mistakes, even after taking out opponents that crashed hard because of him. My hope is, before he retires, he will be payed back hard. I hope the peloton never forgets what a a-hole he is... Armstrong like proportions...

Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Look at this photo. If I could hang on for 3rd, I could hang on for the win... Some imbeciles think cycling is a..."

Too bad I am not on twitter. I would tell this genius who the real imbecile is. This hack took off in the split second he realized no shot at winning, after that he looked if he was still 3rd or whatever his "thinking" was.

He never admits mistakes, even after taking out opponents that crashed hard because of him. My hope is, before he retires, he will be payed back hard. I hope the peloton never forgets what a a-hole he is... Armstrong like proportions...

He's a sore loser, therefore he should "be payed back hard"? This is too much.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

TMP402 said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

He's a sore loser, therefore he should "be payed back hard"? This is too much.

No, he is a guy who risks major injuries to his opponents and then not even thinks for a minute to apologize or at least saying he did a mistake...
Same today... SSDD... although in lesser proportions.

So why shall the peloton not pay back hard one day? Please enlighten me...

TRENDING THREADS