• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 tour de france stage 3, Antwerpen-Hoei 159.5km

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

arvc40 said:
Carols said:
Well I hope Alberto gets stronger because if he doesn't go well I'll most likely never see another Double attempt in my lifetime and that would be sad. If he podiums at least others may get brave enough to give it a go! I've seen all the double winners save Coppi.....

Froome could do Double attempt.

He'd need a healthy amount of TTing in the Tour for that to happen. Guess that's possible next year tho. Would be pretty surprised if he attempts it though, let alone succeeds in doing so

Had to miss today's stage but I certainly did not expect Froome to do that. Happy for Purito to get the stage win, it sounded like he had a tough time yesterday. I do feel sorry for Martin though, to miss out by 1 second is cruel.

Great ride from Simon Yates too, he looks in very nice form.

arvc40 said:
Carols said:
Well I hope Alberto gets stronger because if he doesn't go well I'll most likely never see another Double attempt in my lifetime and that would be sad. If he podiums at least others may get brave enough to give it a go! I've seen all the double winners save Coppi.....

Froome could do Double attempt.

Maybe, maybe not. I for one doubt it. His experience of 2012 puts him off doing 2 GTs per year. But then he may feel stronger now, so maybe at some point he will give it a go.

deValtos said:
Carols said:
deValtos said:
Froome could try the Vuelta if he won the TDF and do it this year even ?

Didn't work that great in 2012 but still came 4th IIRC.

That isn't the Double. If he loses he may try the Vuelta to salvage his season.

Well it's some kind of double.

Yeah and so is the Giro/Vuelta which Contador has accomplished. It's not The Double either.

markene2 said:
I felt bad for Bardet i think it was him, when Froome was in love with his stem and rode into him at the Cherave and almost punched him afterwards. No way he gets over the cobbles tomorrow
Froome is almost physically painful to watch.
I would advise any rider to keep a 10 meter safety radius tomorrow - because chances that Froome will stay upright tomorrow are only slightly higher than Schäuble, Merkel and Tsipras getting in a threesome together..

markene2 said:
Kwibus said:
PremierAndrew said:
blackmamba said:
at one point froome was riding zig-zag almost causing havoc in the entire peleton with his *** style I almost fell on the floor for laughing so hard:p haha

I doubt you were laughing. More likely salty than anything

Allthough op post is lame and childish, froome really went a bit nuts there. Almost causing crashes. Pushing bakelandts away. Then he also pushed Gallopin away on Huy.
He's not making friends. That could be bad, but then again Froome being assertive is kind of good for him, but also kind of awkward.

I felt bad for Bardet i think it was him, when Froome was in love with his stem and rode into him at the Cherave and almost punched him afterwards. No way he gets over the cobbles tomorrow

It was Bakelants. I'm 100% sure it wasn't Bardet, at least.

I don't think that this says anything about the GC in a few weeks. Based on their lead-up prep, I think that CF is at his peak, while AC, VN and NQ will continue to get better. TvG is riding well, but I think he is also at his peak (he could get on the box this year). I think that we are going to see some good racing over the next few weeks. Hopefully legs decide things tomorrow not crashes.

Re:

jmdirt said:
I don't think that this says anything about the GC in a few weeks. Based on their lead-up prep, I think that CF is at his peak, while AC, VN and NQ will continue to get better. TvG is riding well, but I think he is also at his peak (he could get on the box this year). I think that we are going to see some good racing over the next few weeks. Hopefully legs decide things tomorrow not crashes.

Froome has also said for a long time he will peak over the last 2 weeks. Week 1 Is about survival.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Jagartrott said:
markene2 said:
Froome is almost physically painful to watch.
I would advise any rider to keep a 10 meter safety radius tomorrow - because chances that Froome will stay upright tomorrow are only slightly higher than Schäuble, Merkel and Tsipras getting in a threesome together..
*** this post is signature worth lol! :D :D :D

btw Grats to Purito and Froome, feel sorry for Tony again, but thats racing he gave 100% and it wasnt enough.

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

PremierAndrew said:
Carols said:
distanced said:
a truly embarrassing day for some of the posters on pages 14-16....you have no place on a cycling forum.

I don't know what pages it was but I just went away for almost an hour. Words spoken in the heat of the moment can be dreadfully thoughtless.

Not to mention everyone looks for an excuse to bash riders they don't like.

yep...just also noticed that a poster called miburo was actually pleased to see cancellara crash because he was in yellow..do the owners of this site seriously want such a filth of an individual posting on here...how is that acceptable in any way whatsoever?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

jmdirt said:
I dont think that Froome will have earlier peak, depends on his recovery.Otoh he really is doing great these 3 stages, if he will not lose more than a minute tomorrow (I dont think he will lose something btw, what Hitch said) then he will be a favpourite, but it doesnt mean he will fly in the mountains (the probabiltiy is big tho) ;)

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Son of Amsterhammer said:
Well, hard to argue against Froome being a strong favorite (as of now). Where will we be in 24hrs time? Is there any rain predicted??

Forecast says rain, but weather forecasts are pretty useless.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

distanced said:
a truly embarrassing day for some of the posters on pages 14-16....you have no place on a cycling forum.

Why? Because some well accepted members talked about their opinion? :rolleyes:
May some didn´t use the pc words, but still... it´s opinions! You know, free speech and all...

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
distanced said:

Why? Because some well accepted members talked about their opinion? :rolleyes:
May some didn´t use the pc words, but still... it´s opinions! You know, free speech and all...

i will fix your post..

Because some well accepted members talked about their lack of knowledge of the dangers and "rules" of cycling regarding safety..whilst simultaneously taking pleasure at a cyclist crashing.

free speech can sure expose idiocy eh.

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

TMP402 said:
StinkFist said:
I picked Purito and Valverde for this stage, so I'm kinda happy to wake up this morning to read Purito has taken the stage.

Shocked to read the The Dawg is now in Yellow!! :eek: - I really didn't think the Huy was suited to his riding strengths, but it looks like he is in incredible form.
As everyone is saying, tomorrow will be the real litmus test for him and I really hope AC and Nib's can claw some time back and even things up a bit??
Nice to see TJ in a good position, especially considering he has a Giro in his legs as well.
C'mon Alberto.
Pity about Gerrans and I hope Cance gets to continue riding.....in fact I hope he crushes it tomorrow - maybe wishful thinking.

TJVG didn't ride the Giro...

Correct.
My Bad - was getting confused with The Dauphine.

Poursuivant said:
Eshnar said:
So... there are those things on the road and casually the race is neutralized when we get there.
CJPL-qsXAAA-KBA.png

Crazy if that was part of the race, crazy.

Not at all. Bohissau is raced many times. It's a climb where the peloton is on a string so it's not dangeorus at all

TRENDING THREADS