• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 8: Rennes-Mur de Bretagne, 181.5km

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tinkoff seems to be all for Contador and Sagan appears to be more interested in defending him than expending that much energy in sprints. Hard to believe Sagan couldn't keep up here if he wanted. The toughest part of the climb was already done. Maybe he went into the red though?

Surprised with Nibali. Costa lost about 30 secs to Vuillermoz too. And this guy, where did he come from? Amazing performances in both Huy and here. Great win, though I felt the peloton was a bit permissive at the end.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Riis: Froome was total incompetent, riding like a headless chicken. Contador about to attack, but Sagan closed him on the inside (if anybody saw that). Nibali lost time, but Andy Schleck did the same in 2011 and still came strong in the mountains.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
Well at least Dan Martin didn't win. wheew.

Saxo tactically outclassed Sky there. Most of their riders saved energy in the bunch while Sky used several domestiques as well as Froome to do a lot of pulling near the end, for a gain of 0.

especially with the TTT tomorrow it seems really dumb to burn everyone like this.

Re: Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
rick james said:
Pantani Attacks said:
Froome looked a little weak there. Great recovery by Contador who finished very strong. Nibbles had a bad day
A top 10 finish on a climb that doesn't suit him yet he looks weak??

He seemed very strong leading the front pack but then struggled when guys attacked and didn't couldn't even keep front wheel. Finished a little weak yes, in comparison to guys Like Valverde and Contador who grew as the climb progressed
Yeah but thats because Froome set the pace for a big part of the climb so it shouldn't be surprising he became worse at the end.

Re:

MikeTichondrius said:
Tinkoff seems to be all for Contador and Sagan appears to be more interested in defending him than expending that much energy in sprints. Hard to believe Sagan couldn't keep up here if he wanted. The toughest part of the climb was already done. Maybe he went into the red though?

Surprised with Nibali. Costa lost about 30 secs to Vuillermoz too. And this guy, where did he come from? Amazing performances in both Huy and here. Great win, though I felt the peloton was a bit permissive at the end.

I think he went very deep to stay with them on the steepest parts. It's understandable that he couldn't close that gap by himself in the final meters.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
It's really getting disgraceful how much everyone is trying to make Sagan lose.

How did this not suit Froome? He loves his 9000rpm max efforts

Froome looked meh, not as strong as i thought he would and they prob told him Contador was behind a bit, so good sign :D

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

pedromiguelmartins said:
What the hell was Sagan doing, again??? Looking for Contador on a climb like this?? Why? Why not go for it? It's not like he couldn't, clearly he could.

I dunno, he seemed pretty cooked to me just staying with the lead group.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
Valverde: ''I had the legs to win''

Obviousl, but you didn't. Instead like any other coward in that group tried to force Sagan to chase. Again. :rolleyes:

Yeah, everyone out to get poor, poor Sagan. Won't someone please drag him to victory?

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

rick james said:
Pantani Attacks said:
Froome looked a little weak there. Great recovery by Contador who finished very strong. Nibbles had a bad day
A top 10 finish on a climb that doesn't suit him yet he looks weak??

He didn't look weak. Can we Just agree that every climb suits him.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re:

rm7 said:
Riis: Froome was total incompetent, riding like a headless chicken. Contador about to attack, but Sagan closed him on the inside (if anybody saw that). Nibali lost time, but Andy Schleck did the same in 2011 and still came strong in the mountains.
I agree 99% with Riis, even though Nibali’s performance on the flat part of the Mur is worrisome for him. When you lose on flats it means you were going 100% in the steepest part

TRENDING THREADS