2015 Tour de France Stage 8: Rennes-Mur de Bretagne, 181.5km

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2015
2,637
0
0
Great win for Vuillermoz, he's going to be a force in Ardennes.
Dan Martin mistimed it, but still not sure if he would beat Vuillermoz.
Sagan and Valverde needed a strong teammate to hold it together till 200-300m. Didn't had that
Froome tried, but soon stopped. Didn't seem strong like at Mur de Huy
Contador didn't look bad, he apparently wanted to lead Sagan out with 400m to go, but Sagan blocked him accidentally!
Nibali bad. Alarm bell should ring in Astana.
And where the hell Purito disappeared at the finish?!
 
Re: Re:

Flamin said:
BigMac said:
Flamin said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
SafeBet said:
Pinot as well. And Rui Costa even more.
Well Costa is clearly injured
Hm, thought he would have recovered by now.
He said after yesterday's stage that his leg had not gotten better at all and could only pray (paraphrasing here) that it wouldn't fail him completely. I think it's obvious, as in no other situation would he lose so much time on the Mûr.
Thanks for the info, but you could have told me that yesterday :p
Sorry. :p
 
Jul 1, 2013
1,952
0
0
Re: Re:

sir fly said:
arvc40 said:
sir fly said:
My firm impression is that Froome was fixed to the power data, and that the rest of the GC field rode with that in mind.
Also, the way Sky approached the ascent looks like they're tuning for tomorrow and trying to find perfect succession of their turns up the finishing ascent.
Lol................
Elaborate, please.
Just sounds funny how you put it. Like a lab experiment.
 
Oct 4, 2014
748
0
0
Spending time on this forum I realize that Contador’s fanboys may be blind because of their idol, but at least they tend to know about cycling. On the contrary, Froome’s fanboys seem to be british lads who started watching cycling 3/4 years ago and can’t avoid filling the board with comments that are dubious at best.
 
Oct 4, 2014
748
0
0
Re:

Mr.White said:
Great win for Vuillermoz, he's going to be a force in Ardennes.
Dan Martin mistimed it, but still not sure if he would beat Vuillermoz.
Sagan and Valverde needed a strong teammate to hold it together till 200-300m. Didn't had that
Froome tried, but soon stopped. Didn't seem strong like at Mur de Huy
Contador didn't look bad, he apparently wanted to lead Sagan out with 400m to go, but Sagan blocked him accidentally!
Nibali bad. Alarm bell should ring in Astana.
And where the hell Purito disappeared at the finish?!
I totally agree with your analysis
 
Oct 4, 2014
748
0
0
Re:

Poursuivant said:
You would think it was an injury for Nibali, simply because regardless of the climb not necessarily suiting him, their is no way you would expect him to lose time to that many.
I don’t know. At a certain point at the start of the climb Kangert ( or some other Astana rider) tried to lead him to the front and he kept riding in the middle of the pack. That’s strange.
 
Re:

franic said:
Spending time on this forum I realize that Contador’s fanboys may be blind because of their idol, but at least they tend to know about cycling. On the contrary, Froome’s fanboys seem to be british lads who started watching cycling 3/4 years ago and can’t avoid filling the board with comments that are dubious at best.
Well I am British, but I've also been watching cycling almost half my life, which is not just 4 years as I am not 8 years old! :D
 
Jul 3, 2012
682
0
0
Re:

franic said:
Spending time on this forum I realize that Contador’s fanboys may be blind because of their idol, but at least they tend to know about cycling. On the contrary, Froome’s fanboys seem to be british lads who started watching cycling 3/4 years ago and can’t avoid filling the board with comments that are dubious at best.
You couldn't possibly be referring to the discussion regarding whether Froome is the greatest stage racer in history? :cool:
 
Re: Re:

arvc40 said:
sir fly said:
arvc40 said:
sir fly said:
My firm impression is that Froome was fixed to the power data, and that the rest of the GC field rode with that in mind.
Also, the way Sky approached the ascent looks like they're tuning for tomorrow and trying to find perfect succession of their turns up the finishing ascent.
Lol................
Elaborate, please.
Just sounds funny how you put it. Like a lab experiment.
Yes, it looks exactly like that to me.
Like everybody was interested in precise numbers. Purito could have attacked, I have an impression, but no, everybody just followed Froome, knowing they're hooked on calculations and that the best way to dose tomorrow's finish is following their numbers.
 
Re: Re:

franic said:
Poursuivant said:
You would think it was an injury for Nibali, simply because regardless of the climb not necessarily suiting him, their is no way you would expect him to lose time to that many.
I don’t know. At a certain point at the start of the climb Kangert ( or some other Astana rider) tried to lead him to the front and he kept riding in the middle of the pack. That’s strange.
Yes, I saw that as well, the Astana went up the left side of the road and then he looked behind and stopped because Nibali had not followed him.
 
Apr 20, 2012
6,321
0
0
Re:

franic said:
Spending time on this forum I realize that Contador’s fanboys may be blind because of their idol, but at least they tend to know about cycling. On the contrary, Froome’s fanboys seem to be british lads who started watching cycling 3/4 years ago and can’t avoid filling the board with comments that are dubious at best.
The even more knowledgeable are in the Clinic, you are welcome.

edit: forgot to say how great this stage was, awesome
 
Mar 27, 2015
435
0
0
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Pricey_sky said:
Well I am British, but I've also been watching cycling almost half my life, which is not just 4 years as I am not 8 years old! :D
But you're also a very reasonable Sky fan :)
Yes he is and it would be great if there was as reasonable Saxo fan as well :p
 
Re:

franic said:
Spending time on this forum I realize that Contador’s fanboys may be blind because of their idol, but at least they tend to know about cycling. On the contrary, Froome’s fanboys seem to be british lads who started watching cycling 3/4 years ago and can’t avoid filling the board with comments that are dubious at best.
It's just the time of year. I don't recognize half the posters right now. Everyone comes out of the woodwork to post during the Tour and most of the new posters (or July-only posters) are not as knowledgeable. Many of the new UK posters are here because Froome is the big favorite. No different than the Armstrong days or the Wiggins days as cycling isn't a top 5 sport in either country.
 
Re: Re:

Carols said:
harryh said:
LaFlorecita said:
Pricey_sky said:
Well I am British, but I've also been watching cycling almost half my life, which is not just 4 years as I am not 8 years old! :D
But you're also a very reasonable Sky fan :)
Yes he is and it would be great if there was as reasonable Saxo fan as well :p
Yes Pricey is great and I think there are quite a few reasonable Saxo fans......
To be fair I do find it annoying when fans (even Sky fans) only pipe up when they do well, although at least when Sky do well I'm happy, but I can see how it gets everyone annoyed. I give everyone credit where it's due. I suppose it is each to their own, even if it is frustrating to keep reading.

I do kind of regret joining to forum in the month of July though, new posters then seem to think I know nothing about cycling and confuse me for a 'July Sky fan' :rolleyes:
 
Re: Re:

dacooley said:
harryh said:
LaFlorecita said:
Pricey_sky said:
Well I am British, but I've also been watching cycling almost half my life, which is not just 4 years as I am not 8 years old! :D
But you're also a very reasonable Sky fan :)
Yes he is and it would be great if there was as reasonable Saxo fan as well :p
the forum has one.jelantik:)
Dunno, he/she has been panicking a lot lately! :eek:

Reasonable Contador/Saxo fans? Publicus is a name that comes to mind. Angliru? Jspear also
 
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
dacooley said:
harryh said:
LaFlorecita said:
Pricey_sky said:
Well I am British, but I've also been watching cycling almost half my life, which is not just 4 years as I am not 8 years old! :D
But you're also a very reasonable Sky fan :)
Yes he is and it would be great if there was as reasonable Saxo fan as well :p
the forum has one.jelantik:)
Dunno, he/she has been panicking a lot lately! :eek:

Reasonable Contador/Saxo fans? Publicus is a name that comes to mind. Angliru? Jspear also
i'm sorry, i should've said 'i know one at least' :)
 
Re: Re:

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
franic said:
Spending time on this forum I realize that Contador’s fanboys may be blind because of their idol, but at least they tend to know about cycling. On the contrary, Froome’s fanboys seem to be british lads who started watching cycling 3/4 years ago and can’t avoid filling the board with comments that are dubious at best.
The even more knowledgeable are in the Clinic, you are welcome.
I can think of a few alternative words I'd use and none have anything to do with knowledge. :p
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS