• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 8: Rennes-Mur de Bretagne, 181.5km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Sasquatch said:
Ramon Koran said:
Breakaway, i think no one will want to chaise before the ttt.

Giant will chase if they think Degenkolb can make it up there.

Ettix will definitely chase for Stybar/Uran/Kwiatkowski

Lotto will chase for Gallopin/Wellens
I with Ramon. Etixx may still have a shot at the TTT, and Kwiato hasn't looked his best yet. I think they'll be saving him for stage hunting duty during the mountains. Stybar may be the ticket again tomorrow, but I doubt they'll be working much with the TTT in mind.

Don't think Giant and particularly Lotto will be especially eager to drag Sagan up to the climb either.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tour_de_France_2011_Stage_4_Mur_de_bretagne

hmm, you could lose seconds here but not nearly as much as Mur de Huy
Now that's a handy link.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Sagan is going to pull out all the stops tomorrow to keep up in the finish. He takes Green if he gets over the steep section and keeps yellow alive for the TTT the next day if they beat Sky and BMC - a tall order for Tinkoff, but they will go all gas for AC on Stage 9 so it is possible.

Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
Miburo said:
Arredondo said:
Baldinger said:
I don't think the last km is steep enough for Purito to make a difference. Froome would take him in a man to man sprint I guess, so he'll need to go from the bottom of the Mur.

Froome to take Purito in a man to man sprint? :eek: :rolleyes:

It's not Oman.

Purito's sprint is way weaker on flatter parts than steep. And on this thing the strongest wins, if contador played it out better 4 years ago he would have beat hushovd, gilbert and evans in a rather flat sprint. Ever saw that one happening? yea :eek:

Purito won flat sprints against guys like Sammy Sanchez, Chavanel, Brochard, Contador, Henao, Quintana in the past. His sprint on the flat is good enough to win races. Of course not as strong as someone like Valverde or Kwiatkowski, but better then guys like Froome, Contador, Nibali and Quintana.

Well, if the climb got steeper towards the finnish, then I would bet on Purito to win the sprint for sure, but it's only 2,4 % the last 500 m. to the line.

Re:

Psalmon said:
Sagan is going to pull out all the stops tomorrow to keep up in the finish. He takes Green if he gets over the steep section and keeps yellow alive for the TTT the next day if they beat Sky and BMC - a tall order for Tinkoff, but they will go all gas for AC on Stage 9 so it is possible.
Agreed.

This is the top 10 last time in 2011:

1.Cadel Evans (BMC) 4hr 11min 39sec
2.Alberto Contador (Saxo) s.t.
3.Alexandre Vinokourov (Astana) s.t.
4.Rigoberto Uran (Sky) s.t.
5.Philippe Gilbert (Omega Pharma-Lotto) s.t.
6.Thor Hushovd (Garmin-Cervelo) s.t.
7.Frank Schleck (Leopard-Trek) s.t.
8.Samuel Sanchez (Euskaltel) s.t.
9.Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Omega Pharma-Lotto) s.t.
10.Andreas Klöden (Radio Shack) s.t.
11.Bradley Wiggins (Sky) @ 6sec
I think the only sprinter with the capability to be up front is Sagan.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

TheGreenMonkey said:
Contador was coming quickly over the top of Evans last time he just didn't get there in time, perhaps he will go one better this time having learnt from the error.

Froome is in a whole different league to Evans.

TRENDING THREADS