• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 8: Rennes-Mur de Bretagne, 181.5km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Think the stage profile may suit GC riders better than Classic riders. In saying that expect someone well down GC to win this stage - It could even be a breakaway 30 or 40kms from the finish - Many teams will keep their powder dry for the TT.

Possible that one of the yates brothers will target this stage.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
BYOP88 said:
TheGreenMonkey said:
Contador was coming quickly over the top of Evans last time he just didn't get there in time, perhaps he will go one better this time having learnt from the error.

Froome is in a whole different league to Evans.

Indeed, an insult to Evans in this instance.
Your joking, evans was à mediocre rider who happened to get lucky one year. Froome is arguably the best stage race rider of all time, and definitly the best or the last 5 years. Evans isnt close.

Ramon Koran said:
BigMac said:
BYOP88 said:
TheGreenMonkey said:
Contador was coming quickly over the top of Evans last time he just didn't get there in time, perhaps he will go one better this time having learnt from the error.

Your joking, evans was à mediocre rider who happened to get lucky one year. Froome is arguably the best stage race rider of all time, and definitly the best or the last 5 years. Evans isnt close.

You could have just been someone who misunderstood my post, as I meant Froome doesn't come close to Cadel on this sort of terrain. But you decided to take it one step further and claim Froome to be the best stage racer of all time. I don't know what to make of that.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

BigMac said:
Ramon Koran said:
BigMac said:
BYOP88 said:
TheGreenMonkey said:

You could have just been someone who misunderstood my post, as I meant Froome doesn't come close to Cadel on this sort of terrain. But you decided to take it one step further and claim Froome to be the best stage racer of all time. I don't know what to make of that.
I Said "arguably", i could make a case for him .like i could make a case for Contador, Armstrong, indurain, hinault....

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Evans palmarès: 1tdf (fluke), 2 2nd places plus 1 fluked wc.
Froome:1 tdf, soon to be 2, 2 2nd place vuelta, 1 2nd place tour ( he should have won).
Coming back to the mur de Bretagne, Froome is a more explosive rider (mur de huy) than Evans he will be far stronger.

DBotero said:
BigMac said:
BYOP88 said:
TheGreenMonkey said:

Stop trolling man :mad: :p Seriously you got what you asked for.

?
In any case, here's a smilie :D

TRENDING THREADS