• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Start List

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

del1962 said:
Team Sky
FROOME Christopher
ROCHE Nicolas
NIEVE Mikel
THOMAS Geraint
PORTE Richie
POELS Wout
HENAO Sergio

Not sure about this list think we will know more when the Daupinine list comes out, here is the current riders down on Procycling Stats for Dauphinine

BOSWELL Ian
DEIGNAN Philip
FROOME Christopher
KENNAUGH Peter
POELS Wout
ROCHE Nicolas
ROWE Luke
STANNARD Ian

No Thomas on that list though, nor sure about Porte's injury

Thomas will go with Henao to Suisse I imagine.

Porte is back training on the bike so I'd say he will be ok. Of the Dauphine list id take out Deignan and Boswell, replace them with Porte, Henao and Thomas and you have the Tour team. Although the if Boswell continues to impress he could take Kennaugh's place.

Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
del1962 said:
Team Sky
FROOME Christopher
ROCHE Nicolas
NIEVE Mikel
THOMAS Geraint
PORTE Richie
POELS Wout
HENAO Sergio

Not sure about this list think we will know more when the Daupinine list comes out, here is the current riders down on Procycling Stats for Dauphinine

BOSWELL Ian
DEIGNAN Philip
FROOME Christopher
KENNAUGH Peter
POELS Wout
ROCHE Nicolas
ROWE Luke
STANNARD Ian

Porte is back training on the bike so I'd say he will be ok. Of the Dauphine list id take out Deignan and Boswell, replace them with Porte, Henao and Thomas and you have the Tour team. Although the if Boswell continues to impress he could take Kennaugh's place.

Yeah ...but what about Konig & Kiriyenka

I would bring Kiri any day about Kennaugh, Thomas, & Poelss because he is so experienced and strong and is great in the TTT and less likely to crash

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if Poels will be riding the Dauphiné. He was scheduled for it, but is currently recovering from a shoulder injury sustained at Flèche Wallonne. IIRC he's not scheduled to return to racing until half June. So likely no Dauphiné, which also puts his Tour selection in danger, I imagine.

I guess PCS simply forgot to remove Aru (+ Phinney) from the provisonal / assumed start list, because he was rumored to ride the tour at the beginning of the year.

Is Kennaugh back to 100% again? Guess he will either go to the Tour as Froome's lieutenant or get the chance to co-lead at the Vuelta in absence of König & Porte.

Pricey_sky said:
del1962 said:
Team Sky
FROOME Christopher
ROCHE Nicolas
NIEVE Mikel
THOMAS Geraint
PORTE Richie
POELS Wout
HENAO Sergio

BOSWELL Ian
DEIGNAN Philip
FROOME Christopher
KENNAUGH Peter
POELS Wout
ROCHE Nicolas
ROWE Luke
STANNARD Ian

Yeah,this is the team i expect to show up at start.I hope Poels will be ok,it would be really bad for him to miss it because is starting in his home country.No way they screw Kennaugh again,Boswell should get a chance in the Vuelta team if possible.

Re:

staubsauger said:
I guess PCS simply forgot to remove Aru (+ Phinney) from the provisonal / assumed start list, because he was rumored to ride the tour at the beginning of the year.

Is Kennaugh back to 100% again? Guess he will either go to the Tour as Froome's lieutenant or get the chance to co-lead at the Vuelta in absence of König & Porte.

I don't even think Kennaugh will get the chance to co-lead in the Vuelta. The climbs of the Tour suit him better. With the exception of the finish in Mende and the hill top finishes, they are all long and gradual. And he is most likely in a part of another team next year. Porte wouldn't get the chance either. This WAS his chance of the year. Following a calendar require a lot of preparation.

If Froome doesn't win the Tour, he will be the captain at the Vuelta. If he does win it, 4 or 5 guys will likely share the captain role.

My guess is that Sky will have 5 leaders for the Vuelta. Roche, Poels, König, Henao and Nieve. All are good enough to ride in top 10. Explosive riders like Poels or Sergio could even podium with the right preparation.

I think that list on PCS is based on what media have reported and what riders and staff members have written on the internet.

Nobody on that list is 100% sure of riding the Tour.

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

Escarabajo said:
Happy dude said:
For Etixx its likely:
Cavendish
Kwiatkowski
Martin
Renshaw
Trentin
Stybar
Golas
Alaphillipe
Wisniowski/Sabatini
I thought Uran was going.
I don't think he will. Etixx can't have 3 leaders on the same team. And with the talent that is headed to the tour, Uran won't make the top 5. I think theyd be a bit silly to send Uran and Cav, it just means Uran will be weak in the mountains. And Cav will be weaker in the sprints

CGj8Oq5UkAAJrcP.jpg:large

Re:

Asero831 said:
What's with Michal Golas? Is he that good to make the QS roster for two straight Tour?
I guess he is to Kwiatkowski like Hernandez to Contador, or something like that.

Beside the fact, he did his job last year pacing Kwiatkowski in hilly/mountain stages often and finishing 55th overall himself despite not being a typical climber.

Re:

Asero831 said:
What's with Michal Golas? Is he that good to make the QS roster for two straight Tour?

He is a good domestique and very versatile. He can help on the sprint stages and he can support Kwiatkowski and Martin in hilly and mountainous terrain and he is very loyal as well. Not too shabby in a ttt either.

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Team Katusha
RODRíGUEZ Joaquim
KRISTOFF Alexander
MACHADO Tiago
MORENO Daniel
LOSADA Alberto
CARUSO Giampaolo

Just my speculation but I think Marco Haller and Jacopo Guarnieri will make the team to support Kristoff. Then Maybe Kozontchuk or Bystrom for the final spot.