• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Start List

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Happy dude said:
Escarabajo said:
Happy dude said:
For Etixx its likely:
Cavendish
Kwiatkowski
Martin
Renshaw
Trentin
Stybar
Golas
Alaphillipe
Wisniowski/Sabatini
I thought Uran was going.
I don't think he will. Etixx can't have 3 leaders on the same team. And with the talent that is headed to the tour, Uran won't make the top 5. I think theyd be a bit silly to send Uran and Cav, it just means Uran will be weak in the mountains. And Cav will be weaker in the sprints
I don't think they are targetting the GC. Of course not. That will be silly. They are going after stages.

So Sky's Dauphnine Squad is confirmed

BOSWELL Ian
DEIGNAN Philip
FROOME Christopher
KENNAUGH Peter
POELS Wout
ROCHE Nicolas
ROWE Luke
STANNARD Ian

In last few years the Dauphine Squad plus 1 has done the Tour

Thomas, Henao and Porte not in this squad.

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

Escarabajo said:
Happy dude said:
Escarabajo said:
Happy dude said:
For Etixx its likely:
Cavendish
Kwiatkowski
Martin
Renshaw
Trentin
Stybar
Golas
Alaphillipe
Wisniowski/Sabatini
I don't think he will. Etixx can't have 3 leaders on the same team. And with the talent that is headed to the tour, Uran won't make the top 5. I think theyd be a bit silly to send Uran and Cav, it just means Uran will be weak in the mountains. And Cav will be weaker in the sprints
I don't think they are targetting the GC. Of course not. That will be silly. They are going after stages.
Ok yes. But if Etixx is filled with climbers instead of lead out men, Cav wont have the best shot at winning in the sprints. Unless Rigo is good at leadouts? He is the Columbian TT champion, and is relatively fast. And if he's stage hunting he won't need mountain support. What's flower mans ambition? Surely he can't win the white jersey

Happy dude said:
Escarabajo said:
Happy dude said:
Escarabajo said:
Happy dude said:
For Etixx its likely:
Cavendish
Kwiatkowski
Martin
Renshaw
Trentin
Stybar
Golas
Alaphillipe
Wisniowski/Sabatini
Ok yes. But if Etixx is filled with climbers instead of lead out men, Cav wont have the best shot at winning in the sprints. Unless Rigo is good at leadouts? He is the Columbian TT champion, and is relatively fast. And if he's stage hunting he won't need mountain support. What's flower mans ambition? Surely he can't win the white jersey
Uran will probably do the Vuelta.

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Re:

del1962 said:

BOSWELL Ian
DEIGNAN Philip
FROOME Christopher
KENNAUGH Peter
POELS Wout
ROCHE Nicolas
ROWE Luke
STANNARD Ian

Okay, so then Poels is probably in for the Tour. Surprisingly quick recovery: Sky twittered on 30 april that he'd need 6 weeks to recover from a fracture in his shoulder, but from the look of Poels' twitter-account, he's indeed back and looks likely to race Dauphiné.

Re:

Squirbos_19 said:
Team Katusha
RODRíGUEZ Joaquim
KRISTOFF Alexander
MACHADO Tiago
MORENO Daniel
LOSADA Alberto
CARUSO Giampaolo

Just my speculation but I think Marco Haller and Jacopo Guarnieri will make the team to support Kristoff. Then Maybe Kozontchuk or Bystrom for the final spot.
First 6 plus Guarnieri, Haller and Paolini. Guarnieri and Paolini will ride the Tour 100%

Domulec said:
del1962 said:

BOSWELL Ian
DEIGNAN Philip
FROOME Christopher
KENNAUGH Peter
POELS Wout
ROCHE Nicolas
ROWE Luke
STANNARD Ian

Okay, so then Poels is probably in for the Tour. Surprisingly quick recovery: Sky twittered on 30 april that he'd need 6 weeks to recover from a fracture in his shoulder, but from the look of Poels' twitter-account, he's indeed back and looks likely to race Dauphiné.

Poels probably racing Dauphine for form ...I'd say Porte, Thomas & Henao are back in team for Tour....

Happy dude said:
Escarabajo said:
Happy dude said:
For Etixx its likely:
Cavendish
Kwiatkowski
Martin
Renshaw
Trentin
Stybar
Golas
Alaphillipe
Wisniowski/Sabatini

Confirmed, Alaphilippe won't ride.

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

Flamin said:
Happy dude said:
Escarabajo said:
Happy dude said:
For Etixx its likely:
Cavendish
Kwiatkowski
Martin
Renshaw
Trentin
Stybar
Golas
Alaphillipe
Wisniowski/Sabatini

I'll put both wisniowski and sabatini then. Or serry

Happy dude said:
Flamin said:
Happy dude said:
Escarabajo said:
Happy dude said:
For Etixx its likely:
Cavendish
Kwiatkowski
Martin
Renshaw
Trentin
Stybar
Golas
Alaphillipe
Wisniowski/Sabatini

Inbefore comments on how you spelled Kwiatkowski wrong.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Happy dude said:
Flamin said:
Happy dude said:
Escarabajo said:
Happy dude said:
For Etixx its likely:
Cavendish
Kwiatkowski
Martin
Renshaw
Trentin
Stybar
Golas
Alaphillipe
Wisniowski/Sabatini

Why do you think Wisniowski will ride?

Happy dude said:
Flamin said:
Happy dude said:
Escarabajo said:
Happy dude said:
For Etixx its likely:
Cavendish
Kwiatkowski
Martin
Renshaw
Trentin
Stybar
Golas
Alaphillipe
Wisniowski/Sabatini

Tony Martin will surely ride?

The original plan is that Uran rides the Tour. Don't know what he's worth after Giro but I believe he deserves this chance. There are riders enough who can support Cavendish even Kwiatkowski (GC @ grand tour is nothing for him). Uran almost never gets any support and it would be great to give him a free roll so he can go for a stage win in the mountains.

Alaphilippe was never in the team, he will ride Vuelta.

Re:

Oliver said:
The original plan is that Uran rides the Tour. Don't know what he's worth after Giro but I believe he deserves this chance. There are riders enough who can support Cavendish even Kwiatkowski (GC @ grand tour is nothing for him). Uran almost never gets any support and it would be great to give him a free roll so he can go for a stage win in the mountains.

I thought that was part of the plan too. And him coming to form at the end of the Giro bodes well for him. He does not require support at all. Between going with an extra body that nobody cares as support for Cav instead of a guy that gives them more exposure and chances of success is a no brainer. 7 guys including Cav and Martin for Cavendish and Kwiat and Uran. Does Cavendish require more????
Just how many stages are fit for him? I saw that first week and is full of little steep hills at the end of a stage. Going full support for Cavendish can backfire in a big time.

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

Escarabajo said:
Oliver said:

I thought that was part of the plan too. And him coming to form at the end of the Giro bodes well for him. He does not require support at all. Between going with an extra body that nobody cares as support for Cav instead of a guy that gives them more exposure and chances of success is a no brainer. 7 guys including Cav and Martin for Cavendish and Kwiat and Uran. Does Cavendish require more????
Just how many stages are fit for him? I saw that first week and is full of little steep hills at the end of a stage. Going full support for Cavendish can backfire in a big time.
The problem for Etixx, is that they are the kings at coming second. They will back Cavendish for this tour to see if he's still got it, and so far its a good bet as kittel has done nothing this season, I know it was his first race back, but in the worlds port classic, he couldn't hold the wheel in the last 400m

CraZyCaLL said:
Squirbos_19 said:
Team Katusha
RODRíGUEZ Joaquim
KRISTOFF Alexander
MACHADO Tiago
MORENO Daniel
LOSADA Alberto
CARUSO Giampaolo

Just my speculation but I think Marco Haller and Jacopo Guarnieri will make the team to support Kristoff. Then Maybe Kozontchuk or Bystrom for the final spot.
First 6 plus Guarnieri, Haller and Paolini. Guarnieri and Paolini will ride the Tour 100%
Haller already confirmed that he will ride the österreich rundfahrt
Does anyone know if there will be an austrian who rides the tour? I doubt that preidler and denifl are already good enough, zoidl will ride the vuelta, Eisel won't ride too, bora will probably take other riders than schorn and konrad and I think I also heard somewhere that Brändle won't ride the tour

lemon cheese cake said:
Happy dude said:
[quote="Happy dude":2hdiwnbg][quote="Escarabajo said:
Happy dude said:
For Etixx its likely:
Cavendish
Kwiatkowski
Martin
Renshaw
Trentin
Stybar
Golas
Alaphillipe
Wisniowski/Sabatini
Tony Martin will surely ride?[/quote]
Third one down.

Escarabajo said:
Oliver said:

2, 5, 7, 15 and 21. Maybe 4 also, the cobbled stage. 1 or 2 less chances than usual maybe. Still build the team around Cav, and let Martin, Trentin and Kwiatkowski go for a stage or two. TTT for them too. They'll come out with a few stage wins, for sure.

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

King Of The Wolds said:
Escarabajo said:
Oliver said:

2, 5, 7, 15 and 21. Maybe 4 also, the cobbled stage. 1 or 2 less chances than usual maybe. Still build the team around Cav, and let Martin, Trentin and Kwiatkowski go for a stage or two. TTT for them too. They'll come out with a few stage wins, for sure.
Cav said he thinks he's got 7-8 chances. Whereas kittel said 3-4.