• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Start List

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Singer01 said:
blackmamba said:
Exactly. Just like before the giro all of a sudden RIchie Porte was suppose to win the giro and it was all this talk from em all the time how richie this how richie that (THE GUY HAS ONLY FINISHED TOP 10, TOP 10 FFS JUST ONCE IN A GT) and now all of a sudden was suppose to win a GT just like that..........that was when i realized its hopeless and gave up trying to even comment on the stuffs cause it literally made 0 sence for people with half a brain. Now again its just same story different page, at this point it just cracks me up tbh :D :D

For someone who criticize's people for only having half a brain, your writing is woeful (if English isn't your first language then I withdraw and apologize).

That would be no excuse. Plenty of people who aren't English speakers manage to post coherently on here. If you intend to troll an English-language forum and you have enough common sense to realise you have a brutally bad command of the language, look up the words you're using for two seconds before posting.

May 26, 2015
Visit site

djpbaltimore said:
blackmamba said:
Exactly. Just like before the giro all of a sudden RIchie Porte was suppose to win the giro and it was all this talk from em all the time how richie this how richie that (THE GUY HAS ONLY FINISHED TOP 10, TOP 10 FFS JUST ONCE IN A GT) and now all of a sudden was suppose to win a GT just like that..........that was when i realized its hopeless and gave up trying to even comment on the stuffs cause it literally made 0 sence for people with half a brain. Now again its just same story different page, at this point it just cracks me up tbh :D :D

Go back to the poll and look how few people thought that Porte would win the race. There is a 'fact' for you, so quit re-writing history to suit your biased rants. And BTW, it is usually good form to use spell check when you are trying to insult people's intelligence, so it doesn't make you look like a fool afterwards.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29359

Yeah yeah I get it truth hurts blabla....and saying i re-write the history to make it suits me is just pathetic when nothing i stated is not true.

1. sky has won 2 GT's last 5 years (in fact in its entire existing :p ) and Contador 2 alone in the last 12 months THATS fact, and how delusional or butthurt you guys are doesnt change the fact that this is true!! :rolleyes:

jesus christ some people just cant see logic even if they are explained it...... :rolleyes:

My english might not be the best (atleast understandable i hope) but my common sense is atleast working which cant be said about everyone here it seems.

And NO english is not my native language for the ones wonderings about that in fact its not even teached in school and holds the part of a GT were all looking very much forward too.

djpbaltimore said:
blackmamba said:

Go back to the poll and look how few people thought that Porte would win the race. There is a 'fact' for you, so quit re-writing history to suit your biased rants. And BTW, it is usually good form to use spell check when you are trying to insult people's intelligence, so it doesn't make you look like a fool afterwards.

Looks like black mamba has been killed with the "facts" he loves so much.

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I was never talking about the majority of the people on here I said the sky fanatics who cant see rational on things, thats not even every sky fan even, that was all i said .....But ey re-write the history to make it suits you better or so you can understand it whatever makes you feel better;)

Good thing is tho the majority understand. Its not really worth trying to even explain it to the rest cause its so simple , like I said earlier its just popcorn time and funny as hell watching those hillarious statements/thoughts who make 0 sense :D :p

blackmamba said:
djpbaltimore said:
blackmamba said:

Yeah yeah I get it truth hurts blabla....and saying i re-write the history to make it suits me is just pathetic when nothing i stated is not true.

1. sky has won 2 GT's last 5 years (in fact in its entire existing :p ) and Contador 2 alone in the last 12 months THATS fact, and how delusional or butthurt you guys are doesnt change the fact that this is true!! :rolleyes:

jesus christ some people just cant see logic even if they are explained it...... :rolleyes:

My english might not be the best (atleast understandable i hope) but my common sense is atleast working which cant be said about everyone here it seems.

And NO english is not my native language for the ones wonderings about that in fact its not even teached in school and holds the part of a GT were all looking very much forward too.

Which part of this misjudged rant was your second point?

Re:

blackmamba said:
I was never talking about the majority of the people on here I said the sky fanatics who cant see rational on things, thats not even every sky fan even, that was all i said .....But ey re-write the history to make it suits you better or so you can understand it whatever makes you feel better;)

Good thing is tho the majority understand. Its not really worth trying to even explain it to the rest cause its so simple , like I said earlier its just popcorn time and funny as hell watching those hillarious statements/thoughts who make 0 sense :D :p

Yes, watching someone do that can be quite enjoyable. Remember your post from the Dauphine?

blackmamba said:
As expected froome is terrible no surprise there, dont even worrie about him for Contador in TDF. The guy im worried about is quintana with nibali as a wild card (depending on what dmg he can do in the first week)

May 26, 2015
Visit site
That english is not my native language :p

And wasnt worried about froome and still arent, if barely beating TVG is impressive and something to brag about in your head and it obvious is then yeah....whatever why even try :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I dont expect froome to get past week 1 duo to the fact that hes probably the worst bike handler in the entire peleton and if he should get past it he has been far to inconsistent since 2013 that I would put any kind of money on him but ey thats just me. Froome is strong that part noone can argue but its so many more factors to be considered tho.

Re:

blackmamba said:

And wasnt worried about froome and still arent, if barely beating TVG is impressive and something to brag about then yeah....whatever why even try :rolleyes:

I dont expect froome to get past week 1 duo to the fact that hes probably the worst bike handler in the entire peleton and if he should be he has been far to inconsistent since 2013 that I would put any kind of money on him but ey thats just me. Froome is strong that part noone can argue.

As a Froome fan I am very worried about week 1, with the greatest of respects to his rivals its the biggest danger to him not winning this Tour. If Froome is close to the race lead after stage 9 I think he will take a lot of beating. Not impossible though as I think contender will be a huge challenge.

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Re:

blackmamba said:

I think people severely over estimate how popular sky are as a team, I think people assume that English speaking people support them, rest assured that is not the case. I'm Irish and even though Roche and Deignan are with sky you would find very ver very few Irish people cheering on team rupert Murdoch, I would like to see the lads do well but sky - nah, too much bad history involving murdochs media and their treatment of Ireland, hypocritical I know cause I have sky sports, there was outcry in Ireland when sky bought part of TV coverage of our national sports. Likewise in a lot of parts in the uk (I have to travel a bit there with work) you will find a lot of people wanting local riders to do well but cheering on sky, hmmm not sure about that. I suggest you go to Scotland, Wales or in particular north west England especially liverpool and see the reaction you get if you said people were sky fans or support a team owned by rupert Murdoch

Lambanna said:
blackmamba said:

I think people severely over estimate how popular sky are as a team, I think people assume that English speaking people support them, rest assured that is not the case. I'm Irish and even though Roche and Deignan are with sky you would find very ver very few Irish people cheering on team rupert Murdoch, I would like to see the lads do well but sky - nah, too much bad history involving murdochs media and their treatment of Ireland, hypocritical I know cause I have sky sports, there was outcry in Ireland when sky bought part of TV coverage of our national sports. Likewise in a lot of parts in the uk (I have to travel a bit there with work) you will find a lot of people wanting local riders to do well but cheering on sky, hmmm not sure about that. I suggest you go to Scotland, Wales or in particular north west England especially liverpool and see the reaction you get if you said people were sky fans or support a team owned by rupert Murdoch

I'm pretty sure Britain is not prejudiced to the extent you suggest.

May 26, 2015
Visit site

Lambanna said:
blackmamba said:

I feel you but for me its not about sky beeing popular or not, not at all. Outside UK sky is not very popular at all thats no news but that has nothing to do with the matter for me. I actually like sky and sir Dave's philosophy but my case was simple to the few fanatics who cant see rational on things and just cause they cheer on sky cant see objective/logic on things cause its so dumb ( like saying skys been the most dominated GT team over the past 5 years or Richie Porte is good enought to win the giro blablabla for examples.). I dont really mind either I simply posted a post about some few facts and they went nuts either cause they got a reality check or whatever :p

May 23, 2015
Visit site

TMP402 said:
Lambanna said:
blackmamba said:

Hmmm, as I said people will want their local riders from their own country to do well but sky as a brand to cheer on - I don't know about that, in regions I mentioned for historical justifiable reasons sky brand is not popular to put it mildly, if you know a liverpool supporter ask them their thoughts on sky the murdochs and their media empire, again this is is just my opinion, I don't mean to imply I'm passing this off as fact

blackmamba said:
HelloDolly said:
So this forum is full of talk about overhyped SKY riders ? such blatant bias bull
Hardly any mention of Kennaugh or Poles on this form and only mention of Porte and Roche is to ridicule them
every second post is about Alberto Contador and how he looked in photo A as opposed to photo B, etc
Or how Rafal Majka is going to be second in the Tour de France :rolleyes:

I guess if you are blind except to your one world view you are bound to spout this sort of rubbish

and ofc you call it rubbish bull since you have no idea what your talking about......tell me hasnt sky only won 2 GT's last 5(!!) years? and contador 2 in less than 12 months alone? and is it true porte has only finished top 10 ONCE in his entire life? (when its that many times you cant say oh it was beaceuse of this and beacuse of that NO its a pattern the guy doesnt have it in him simple the end move on) :confused:

Whats rubbish about it please explain it to me? atleast we can justify it with real life events and not just fairytales and silly thoughts inside your head, instead base it on facts a word you should look up. :p

My point is in rebuttal to previous posts saying the forum is full of people overhyping SKY
And my point is there are comparitively few posts in support of SKY fans in comparison to post on Contador or other would be contenders

As for "airytales and silly thoughts inside your head" well the doctor told me to ignore them :eek:

May 26, 2015
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
blackmamba said:
HelloDolly said:
So this forum is full of talk about overhyped SKY riders ? such blatant bias bull
Hardly any mention of Kennaugh or Poles on this form and only mention of Porte and Roche is to ridicule them
every second post is about Alberto Contador and how he looked in photo A as opposed to photo B, etc
Or how Rafal Majka is going to be second in the Tour de France :rolleyes:

I guess if you are blind except to your one world view you are bound to spout this sort of rubbish

and ofc you call it rubbish bull since you have no idea what your talking about......tell me hasnt sky only won 2 GT's last 5(!!) years? and contador 2 in less than 12 months alone? and is it true porte has only finished top 10 ONCE in his entire life? (when its that many times you cant say oh it was beaceuse of this and beacuse of that NO its a pattern the guy doesnt have it in him simple the end move on) :confused:

Whats rubbish about it please explain it to me? atleast we can justify it with real life events and not just fairytales and silly thoughts inside your head, instead base it on facts a word you should look up. :p

My point is in rebuttal to previous posts saying the forum is full of people overhyping SKY
And my point is there are comparitively few posts in support of SKY fans in comparison to post on Contador or other would be contenders

As for "airytales and silly thoughts inside your head" well the doctor told me to ignore them :eek:
Its not about support and who has the biggest holligans cast or something wtf its about making sense if I was to say Contador is gonne win the robaix this year cause he got the strenght for it and i really believe he will do it blablabla......im supporting him but what im writting doesnt make sense at all..

And Contadors ''hype'' is atelast justified by the results he got and that makes it much better since its much more easier to see their reasons of thinking so and not just all of a sudden tomorrow when contador wakes up he gonne contend for the robaix ( I know over the top point but hopefully you guys gets my message and what im trying to say)

Pricey_sky said:
blackmamba said:

And wasnt worried about froome and still arent, if barely beating TVG is impressive and something to brag about then yeah....whatever why even try :rolleyes:

I dont expect froome to get past week 1 duo to the fact that hes probably the worst bike handler in the entire peleton and if he should be he has been far to inconsistent since 2013 that I would put any kind of money on him but ey thats just me. Froome is strong that part noone can argue.

As a Froome fan I am very worried about week 1, with the greatest of respects to his rivals its the biggest danger to him not winning this Tour. If Froome is close to the race lead after stage 9 I think he will take a lot of beating. Not impossible though as I think contender will be a huge challenge.

I wouldn't worry too much. Thomas, Stannard & Rowe are there. He needs to stay up right even if he loses time to Nibali (biggest GC threat in week 1)

I think week 1 will be very difficult for all GC contenders and with the bonus seconds & the cobbles it will be really mental
However i would prefer if Froome lost time rather than risk crashing. He can get time back on Nibs in second part of race imo.

HelloDolly said:
Pricey_sky said:
blackmamba said:

I wouldn't worry too much. Thomas, Stannard & Rowe are there. He needs to stay up right even if he loses time to Nibali (biggest GC threat in week 1)

I think week 1 will be very difficult for all GC contenders and with the bonus seconds & the cobbles it will be really mental
However i would prefer if Froome lost time rather than risk crashing. He can get time back on Nibs in second part of race imo.

The fact Porte was the next GC contender to finish the cobbled stage last year shows how much help Thomas can be - Porte is a worse bike handler than Froome if descending is a key indicator.

TMP402 said:

I'm not sure that "prejudice" comes into it. People in Liverpool mostly hate the Murdoch media because they have a particular grudge against his newspaper, the Sun. As for the rest of the country, well, Sky is marketed as a kind of quasi national team, but it isn't actually a national team. An actual national team would have somewhat uneven support, both because of alternative nationalisms and because lots of cycling fans prefer to cheer for individual rides than teams anyway and can resent being pressured to support a particular team. As Sky isn't an actual national team, the latter element is stronger than it would be for a real national team.

Sky is definitely, no doubt about it, the most popular team in Britain by a mile. But there are lots of British cycling fans whose views towards Sky range from "mildly positive" through "indifferent" to "outright aggravated".

On a general note, please all cut out the negative comments about other people's English and spelling. This is an English language forum, but it has loads of participants for whom English is a second (or third or fourth) language. That's a good thing. It means we get different perspectives and it means we have people who can tell us what's being said in the media in dozens of different countries. If people start getting slagged off for having ropey English, it will discourage people with ropey English from participating. So don't do it.

Re:

PedalCastro said:
Can Louis Meintjes get a top 10?!
I think he has enough potential, but I'm not sure if he is ready. I would bet that he will crack at some point and 2016 will probably be the year that brings his first proper GC campaign in GT. I think it's likely he will finish some stages in the top10-15 but this year's edition will probably be too demanding for such an inexperienced rider to last the whole 3 weeks without major time losses.

Re:

blackmamba said:

And wasnt worried about froome and still arent, if barely beating TVG is impressive and something to brag about in your head and it obvious is then yeah....whatever why even try :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I dont expect froome to get past week 1 duo to the fact that hes probably the worst bike handler in the entire peleton and if he should get past it he has been far to inconsistent since 2013 that I would put any kind of money on him but ey thats just me. Froome is strong that part noone can argue but its so many more factors to be considered tho.

I don't buy that English is not your first language. In fact, your posts seem quite a bit like how Ray would try to wind people up. Terrible proofreading. Excessive use of smilies. Hyperbolic rants about SKY. Both using 'half a brain' as a thinly veiled insult.

EDIT. Same punctuation style as well. Using the ..... is found on both accounts frequently.

May 26, 2015
Visit site

djpbaltimore said:
blackmamba said:

I don't buy that English is not your first language. In fact, your posts seem quite a bit like how Ray would try to wind people up. Terrible proofreading. Excessive use of smilies. Hyperbolic rants about SKY. Both using 'half a brain' as a thinly veiled insult.

EDIT. Same punctuation style as well. Using the ..... is found on both accounts frequently.

So now you concluded im from england? wow all I can say is that im not really surprised since you seem to have a tendency by making up your own facts about stuff no need to say anything more really :cool:

But then since your are genious etc you then understand Sky has won 2 GT in the last 5 years (entire sky team/w riders in fact ever) and contador alone has won 2 GT's in less than 12 months? what is it do argue really? That you say you get rallied by the truth is your own ignorance fault so dont blame me dude :rolleyes:

Edit: Can i ask what your trying to argue about the case? (besides expressing that i suck at english?)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Miburo said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
blackmamba said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
still roche has to be the most overrated rider on these anglophone forums.

That also includes the british fanboys and what they think about sky, apperently sky has been dominating the GT's in the last 5 years....... :rolleyes:

Funny how the entire sky team/with riders only have won 2 GT's ( in 5 years !!!) while contador alone has won 2 in less than 1 year :D :D
yes, sky is incredibly overrated. especially their train. it was something special somewhat in 2012, but now it's not at all. last years tour especially was laughable at best. now also this year I hear everyone cry about sky. for instance poels at sky is all of a sudden amazing climber and before this year nobody ever talked about him on this forum pretty much, yet he was the same rider. konig since this year is being talked about as a new pantani, well we all saw how amazing he was at the giro. kiriyenka?? has only gotten worse at sky, yet is more talked about then when he used to be a lot better at movistar/caisse. and richie porte??!! how many gt podiums or even top 5's has he done yet?

but probably the worst of them all is kennaugh. he's a 2 time british champion and for the rest pretty much sucked always. yet on this forum he's seen as a future gt contender, yet he has no results of any meaning.

Reminds me of these guys saying quintana is the next pantani when he was only 3 days the best climber against the best climbers of the world.
never heard anyone ever compare quintana with pantani.

The idea that Sky are dominating GTs is a strawman erected by you alone blackmamba. Just like your claim that people think Kennaugh is a legitimate GT threat, or that anybody is hyping Poels. SKY have been as competitive in GTs as any other team in the peloton. Cherry picking wins loses sight of the fact that SKY also have 5 other podium finishes with three different riders. Also most (but not all) would trade a Giro and a Vuelta victory for two Tour de France victories.

The truth is that SKY have sent a terrific team in support of Froome and should be able to allow him a chance at overall victory.

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Re:

djpbaltimore said:
The idea that Sky are dominating GTs is a strawman erected by you alone blackmamba. Just like your claim that people think Kennaugh is a legitimate GT threat, or that anybody is hyping Poels. SKY have been as competitive in GTs as any other team in the peloton. Cherry picking wins loses sight of the fact that SKY also have 5 other podium finishes with three different riders. Also most (but not all) would trade a Giro and a Vuelta victory for two Tour de France victories.

The truth is that SKY have sent a terrific team in support of Froome and should be able to allow him a chance at overall victory.
Now I claim people have said kennaugh is a legitimate GT threat? You now switched over to making it up in your mind that I said that? :eek: :p
Dude you have no idea what your talking about do you, holy moly :p When was I the one who said people claimed kennaugh was a serious GT contender blabla? go back and read so you get it right atleast if your gonne say something and just dont make up things in your head which doesnt accure with the reality. All I said was that sky hasnt been as dominating as some people suggested and brought up sky won 2 GT last 5 years and Contador 2 GT's in less than 12 months and that some people I see tends to hype up sky riders for no apperent reasons (then i mentioned Porte as a exmalpe) this was all I said. This is just *** at this point you dont even know urself what your arguing about do you? thats the one clear thing which can be taken away from this. Whatever its not worth trying to explain simple things to you when your this locked and fails to understand and yet even see things. You even have it for you that im a native english speaker when I said im not, I honestly dont know if I should wish you a speedy recovery or all the best at this point!

Continue living in ur bubble if that makes you happy sorry that I rallied you by bringing up some stats :eek:

TRENDING THREADS