2015 Tour de Suisse Stage 2 Risch-Rotkreuz - Risch-Rotkreuz

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Tank Engine said:
A good start for Pinot and Spilak. They should be the strongest on the MTF. Birdsong, G and the young Tommy D looked very strong. They'll be looking to limit their losses on the queen stage and go for it in the TT. G seems to have booked leadership for this race, as Henao dropped off. Majka maybe surprisingly weaker than at Romandie, but he's got the big goal of his season still a long way off.
Fuglsang won't win anything in the tt. His tt is quite average and has been since he decided to focus on his climbing.
 
Jul 16, 2011
1,551
0
0
Re: Re:

HelloDolly said:
bajbar said:
WTF happened to Majka. Ono moment he was following Fuglsang and Thomas, then Sagan finishes 45 seconds ahead of him. 1km before the top of the climb he was still ahead of him...
Yes ...this rider has not shown anything this year

with 3 weeks to go to the Tour you would think he would be in better form no matter what excuses he says....I though he was going to be Contador's top Dom
Hope Kruez is in better form
He was pretty good in Romandie. He'll be ready for the mountains in the Tour.
 
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
1 7 Kristijan DURASEK LAMPRE - MERIDA 03:36:52
2 77 Daniel MORENO FERNANDEZ TEAM KATUSHA 00:00:04
3 12 Julian David ARREDONDO MORENO TREK FACTORY RACING 00:00:04
4 131 Thibaut PINOT FDJ 00:00:04
5 52 Geraint THOMAS TEAM SKY 00:00:04
6 78 Simon SPILAK TEAM KATUSHA 00:00:04
7 156 Miguel Angel LOPEZ MORENO ASTANA PRO TEAM 00:00:04
Three Moreno on top 10. Moreno stronk.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
1
0
what happened to henao? he dropped that hard after being in front? looked weird to me,

arredondo finally seems like he trained
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
what happened to henao? he dropped that hard after being in front? looked weird to me,

arredondo finally seems like he trained
He finished in the group at 1 minute. So i guess he felt he didn't had the legs and decided to work for Thomas.

Lopez super strong. What do you expect from him this Tour of Suisse?
 
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I expect Lopez to be strong on Rettenbach. Too bad there's the ITT and not much other mtfs
Think its unfortunate that the stage is so long, would have been better for Lopez if the stage was shorter. Really good to see him though I had high hopes but they disappeared after thursday (GP Gippingen) when he was in the early break and was the first to drop together with Zangerle. So I think Lopez might still suffer a bit from the pace on the flat but I hope he just did a lot of work and used Gippingen as a training ride.
I heard today he is also likely going to the Tour de France (not sure if its true), really dont know what to think about that.
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
what happened to henao? he dropped that hard after being in front? looked weird to me,

arredondo finally seems like he trained
I don't know what's going on with Henao, maybe he's just taking it easy and wants to peak for the final week of the Tour and the Vuelta like Majka, hopefully no serious issues.
Edit: was it even confirmed that he'll ride the Tour as a domestique for Froome?
 
Henao said before the first stage, that he was there to help Thomas

...Quién sabe si la conseguirá en Suiza, una vuelta en la que escoltará a Geraint Thomas, y mira también a su debut en el Tour de Francia, algo que tenía previsto el año pasado pero que su caída impidió. “Mi ilusión es estar en el Tour pero hay mucha calidad en el equipo. Por eso me quiero centrar primero en Suiza y hacer un buen papel con Geraint (Thomas) y el equipo y tratar de ganar Suiza. Yo pienso que puedo estar a un buen nivel después de descansar y entrenar en Colombia, y que sea el paso definitivo a estar en el Tour”, confía...
http://revistamundociclistico.com/ruta/18894-sergio-luis-henao-un-ano-despues-de-su-grave-caida-en-suiza-vuelvo-sin-miedo-y-con-ganas-de-tomar-revancha.html
 
Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
what happened to henao? he dropped that hard after being in front? looked weird to me,

arredondo finally seems like he trained
I don't know what's going on with Henao, maybe he's just taking it easy and wants to peak for the final week of the Tour and the Vuelta like Majka, hopefully no serious issues.
Edit: was it even confirmed that he'll ride the Tour as a domestique for Froome?
I was expecting dual leadership here but maybe they bet the house on G.,despite that he said that the Rettenbachgletscher climb is not for him,so Henao was on domestique duty today.If not Henao can bounce back on that climb anyway if he's good enough.
He was rated as a sure name in the TDF team alongside Poels.
 
Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
what happened to henao? he dropped that hard after being in front? looked weird to me,

arredondo finally seems like he trained
+1.
I was shocked of this weird performance. I mean, he was at the front with ease and he just dropped off like on his own will. Really strange!
 
Re:

tristecsinamigos said:
Henao said before the first stage, that he was there to help Thomas

...Quién sabe si la conseguirá en Suiza, una vuelta en la que escoltará a Geraint Thomas, y mira también a su debut en el Tour de Francia, algo que tenía previsto el año pasado pero que su caída impidió. “Mi ilusión es estar en el Tour pero hay mucha calidad en el equipo. Por eso me quiero centrar primero en Suiza y hacer un buen papel con Geraint (Thomas) y el equipo y tratar de ganar Suiza. Yo pienso que puedo estar a un buen nivel después de descansar y entrenar en Colombia, y que sea el paso definitivo a estar en el Tour”, confía...
http://revistamundociclistico.com/ruta/18894-sergio-luis-henao-un-ano-despues-de-su-grave-caida-en-suiza-vuelvo-sin-miedo-y-con-ganas-de-tomar-revancha.html
That is not what it says. It says that he will try to do a very good performance is Suisse and try to win it if possible. Unless he meant try to win it in "Team" terms.
 
Re: 2015 Tour de Suisse Stage 2 Risch-Rotkreuz - Risch-Rotkr

I agree with the majority that Špilak should have chased down the attack by Durasek. Moreno was the fastest in the group and would have won. Špilak waited too long and Durasek was gone(really nice win for him btw). On the other hand I (selfishly) don't blame him. He doesn't have a win yet this year. He worked for Purito in PV while he could have won the race imo, then he was the "loser" in the 1-2 katusha punch in Romandie and then again worked for Kristoff (and Haller)the whole race in Tour des Fjords. Now he is aiming for the win in Suisse and imo he should preserve energy when he can, therefore doesn't need to chase for teammates in similar situations. I repeat, this is from a little selfish point of view.

I was surprised to see Majka and Henao lose time. At this point they both seem out of GC contention. On the other hand Thomas looks strong. If he can limit his losses in the 5th stage he could be a dangerous man for the win. Fuglsang is also strong as predicted, but he needs some advantage before the TT. I haven't seen him doing a very good TT for some time, but he certainly looks capable of winning on Rettenbachferner. Good racing days ahead of us.
 
Re: 2015 Tour de Suisse Stage 2 Risch-Rotkreuz - Risch-Rotkr

johnymax said:
I agree with the majority that Špilak should have chased down the attack by Durasek. Moreno was the fastest in the group and would have won. Špilak waited too long and Durasek was gone(really nice win for him btw). On the other hand I (selfishly) don't blame him. He doesn't have a win yet this year. He worked for Purito in PV while he could have won the race imo, then he was the "loser" in the 1-2 katusha punch in Romandie and then again worked for Kristoff (and Haller)the whole race in Tour des Fjords. Now he is aiming for the win in Suisse and imo he should preserve energy when he can, therefore doesn't need to chase for teammates in similar situations. I repeat, this is from a little selfish point of view.

I was surprised to see Majka and Henao lose time. At this point they both seem out of GC contention. On the other hand Thomas looks strong. If he can limit his losses in the 5th stage he could be a dangerous man for the win. Fuglsang is also strong as predicted, but he needs some advantage before the TT. I haven't seen him doing a very good TT for some time, but he certainly looks capable of winning on Rettenbachferner. Good racing days ahead of us.
I wouldn't discount Pozzovivo. His shape is quite good I believe and if he can get into a nice rhythm in the net couple of stages and find his climbing legs he could put quite a lot of time into everyone on Rettenbachferner. He loves the steep stuff.
 
Jul 16, 2011
1,551
0
0
Re: 2015 Tour de Suisse Stage 2 Risch-Rotkreuz - Risch-Rotkr

Bushman said:
I wouldn't discount Pozzovivo. His shape is quite good I believe and if he can get into a nice rhythm in the net couple of stages and find his climbing legs he could put quite a lot of time into everyone on Rettenbachferner. He loves the steep stuff.
It's great to see Pozzo back so quickly and obviously in shape. The second group did well to limit their losses. Pozzo will be looking forward to the queen stage, but the TT will not be great for him. If he does get some time, it could turn into another Cunego/Levi scenario. If it does though, I'll be happier with this year's eventual winner for sure :)
 
Re: 2015 Tour de Suisse Stage 2 Risch-Rotkreuz - Risch-Rotkr

Bushman said:
johnymax said:
I agree with the majority that Špilak should have chased down the attack by Durasek. Moreno was the fastest in the group and would have won. Špilak waited too long and Durasek was gone(really nice win for him btw). On the other hand I (selfishly) don't blame him. He doesn't have a win yet this year. He worked for Purito in PV while he could have won the race imo, then he was the "loser" in the 1-2 katusha punch in Romandie and then again worked for Kristoff (and Haller)the whole race in Tour des Fjords. Now he is aiming for the win in Suisse and imo he should preserve energy when he can, therefore doesn't need to chase for teammates in similar situations. I repeat, this is from a little selfish point of view.

I was surprised to see Majka and Henao lose time. At this point they both seem out of GC contention. On the other hand Thomas looks strong. If he can limit his losses in the 5th stage he could be a dangerous man for the win. Fuglsang is also strong as predicted, but he needs some advantage before the TT. I haven't seen him doing a very good TT for some time, but he certainly looks capable of winning on Rettenbachferner. Good racing days ahead of us.
I wouldn't discount Pozzovivo. His shape is quite good I believe and if he can get into a nice rhythm in the net couple of stages and find his climbing legs he could put quite a lot of time into everyone on Rettenbachferner. He loves the steep stuff.
Well I didn't talk about Pozzovivo at all, but I certainly see him as a potential winner. I'm firstly happy to see him on the bike again. Then there's Pinot of course. He is by many seen as the man to beat. It'll be interesting till the last day. I've heard the final TT is one of the most beautiful and most technical TT's in the last years.
 
Re: 2015 Tour de Suisse Stage 2 Risch-Rotkreuz - Risch-Rotkr

johnymax said:
Bushman said:
johnymax said:
I agree with the majority that Špilak should have chased down the attack by Durasek. Moreno was the fastest in the group and would have won. Špilak waited too long and Durasek was gone(really nice win for him btw). On the other hand I (selfishly) don't blame him. He doesn't have a win yet this year. He worked for Purito in PV while he could have won the race imo, then he was the "loser" in the 1-2 katusha punch in Romandie and then again worked for Kristoff (and Haller)the whole race in Tour des Fjords. Now he is aiming for the win in Suisse and imo he should preserve energy when he can, therefore doesn't need to chase for teammates in similar situations. I repeat, this is from a little selfish point of view.

I was surprised to see Majka and Henao lose time. At this point they both seem out of GC contention. On the other hand Thomas looks strong. If he can limit his losses in the 5th stage he could be a dangerous man for the win. Fuglsang is also strong as predicted, but he needs some advantage before the TT. I haven't seen him doing a very good TT for some time, but he certainly looks capable of winning on Rettenbachferner. Good racing days ahead of us.
I wouldn't discount Pozzovivo. His shape is quite good I believe and if he can get into a nice rhythm in the net couple of stages and find his climbing legs he could put quite a lot of time into everyone on Rettenbachferner. He loves the steep stuff.
Well I didn't talk about Pozzovivo at all, but I certainly see him as a potential winner. I'm firstly happy to see him on the bike again. Then there's Pinot of course. He is by many seen as the man to beat. It'll be interesting till the last day. I've heard the final TT is one of the most beautiful and most technical TT's in the last years.
Pinot is also the top favourite for me. He has improved his tt and Rettenbachferner should suit him. Wouldn't be surprised to see Fuglsang take the overall though. Thats what I'm hoping.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
1
0
Re: Re:

Ruudz0r said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I expect Lopez to be strong on Rettenbach. Too bad there's the ITT and not much other mtfs
Think its unfortunate that the stage is so long, would have been better for Lopez if the stage was shorter. Really good to see him though I had high hopes but they disappeared after thursday (GP Gippingen) when he was in the early break and was the first to drop together with Zangerle. So I think Lopez might still suffer a bit from the pace on the flat but I hope he just did a lot of work and used Gippingen as a training ride.
I heard today he is also likely going to the Tour de France (not sure if its true), really dont know what to think about that.
why would it be better for lopez if the stage was shorter?
 
Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
Ruudz0r said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I expect Lopez to be strong on Rettenbach. Too bad there's the ITT and not much other mtfs
Think its unfortunate that the stage is so long, would have been better for Lopez if the stage was shorter. Really good to see him though I had high hopes but they disappeared after thursday (GP Gippingen) when he was in the early break and was the first to drop together with Zangerle. So I think Lopez might still suffer a bit from the pace on the flat but I hope he just did a lot of work and used Gippingen as a training ride.
I heard today he is also likely going to the Tour de France (not sure if its true), really dont know what to think about that.
why would it be better for lopez if the stage was shorter?
I dont know how he is holding on the flat in WT pace, in Gippingen he was in the early break and was the first to drop when someone attacked, which could mean he had problems with the pace after a hard day on the bike. But as I said it could also be that he only used Gippingen as a training ride and didnt bother, but that would be weird as when Lopez was dropped their gap was still pretty good and the peloton wasnt getting any closer at that point in the race.
But in general for a neo pro I think its better to have a shorter stage then a long one (there are exceptions obviously).
 
Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
tristecsinamigos said:
Henao said before the first stage, that he was there to help Thomas

...Quién sabe si la conseguirá en Suiza, una vuelta en la que escoltará a Geraint Thomas, y mira también a su debut en el Tour de Francia, algo que tenía previsto el año pasado pero que su caída impidió. “Mi ilusión es estar en el Tour pero hay mucha calidad en el equipo. Por eso me quiero centrar primero en Suiza y hacer un buen papel con Geraint (Thomas) y el equipo y tratar de ganar Suiza. Yo pienso que puedo estar a un buen nivel después de descansar y entrenar en Colombia, y que sea el paso definitivo a estar en el Tour”, confía...
http://revistamundociclistico.com/ruta/18894-sergio-luis-henao-un-ano-despues-de-su-grave-caida-en-suiza-vuelvo-sin-miedo-y-con-ganas-de-tomar-revancha.html
That is not what it says. It says that he will try to do a very good performance is Suisse and try to win it if possible. Unless he meant try to win it in "Team" terms.
From the paragraph quoted, it seems that's what he tried to say. "Hacer un buen papel con Geraint (Thomas) y el equipo y tratar de ganar Suiza.". Not clear if as a domestique or as a co-leader. Also there's the part that says "a tour on which he will escort Gerrain Thomas"...
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY