• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de Suisse Stage 2 Risch-Rotkreuz - Risch-Rotkreuz

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Bushman said:
Arredondo said:
jaylew said:
Wtf, Katusha and Astana? You had two riders, you have to mark the move!

Well, Astana is not that strange. Both Lopez and Fuglsang have a **** sprint.

But Katusha? WTF?? :confused: Just let Spilak ride tempo at the front and Moreno wins.

I think Katusha's problem was that both Moreno and Spilak are quite fast in such a group, thus none of them was interested in sacrificing their own chance for their team mate. Really, really bad, though.
Spilak fast? :rolleyes:
There should be no doubt about the hierarchy between those 2. Moreno would win a sprint like that 80% of the times and Spilak should definitely have chased down the move

Bushman said:
Arredondo said:
jaylew said:

But Katusha? WTF?? :confused: Just let Spilak ride tempo at the front and Moreno wins.

I think Katusha's problem was that both Moreno and Spilak are quite fast in such a group, thus none of them was interested in sacrificing their own chance for their team mate. Really, really bad, though.

Yeah, I think they both wanted to win and hadn't communicated properly. What was the DS doing?

1 7 Kristijan DURASEK LAMPRE - MERIDA 03:36:52
2 77 Daniel MORENO FERNANDEZ TEAM KATUSHA 00:00:04
3 12 Julian David ARREDONDO MORENO TREK FACTORY RACING 00:00:04
4 131 Thibaut PINOT FDJ 00:00:04
5 52 Geraint THOMAS TEAM SKY 00:00:04
6 78 Simon SPILAK TEAM KATUSHA 00:00:04
7 156 Miguel Angel LOPEZ MORENO ASTANA PRO TEAM 00:00:04
8 151 Jakob FUGLSANG ASTANA PRO TEAM 00:00:04
9 85 Tom DUMOULIN TEAM GIANT - ALPECIN 00:00:04
10 41 Peter SAGAN TINKOFF - SAXO 00:00:14
11 33 Ben HERMANS BMC RACING TEAM 00:00:14
12 15 Bob JUNGELS TREK FACTORY RACING 00:00:14
13 111 Winner ANACONA GOMEZ MOVISTAR TEAM 00:00:14
14 61 Robert GESINK TEAM LOTTO NL - JUMBO 00:00:14
15 136 * Steve MORABITO FDJ 00:00:14
16 26 * Sébastien REICHENBACH IAM CYCLING 00:00:14
17 102 Jhoan Esteban CHAVES RUBIO ORICA GreenEDGE 00:00:14
18 161 Domenico POZZOVIVO AG2R LA MONDIALE 00:00:14

19 158 Alexey LUTSENKO ASTANA PRO TEAM 00:01:01
20 101 * Michael ALBASINI ORICA GreenEDGE 00:01:01

27 175 Davide REBELLIN CCC SPRANDI POLKOWICE 00:01:01
28 5 Przemyslaw NIEMIEC LAMPRE - MERIDA 00:01:01
29 143 Gianluca BRAMBILLA ETIXX - QUICK STEP 00:01:01
30 121 Jurgen VAN DEN BROECK LOTTO SOUDAL 00:01:01
33 51 Sergio Luis HENAO MONTOYA TEAM SKY 00:01:01
36 65 Laurens TEN DAM TEAM LOTTO NL - JUMBO 00:01:05
37 46 Rafal MAJKA TINKOFF - SAXO 00:01:05
41 17 Frank SCHLECK TREK FACTORY RACING 00:02:19
43 32 Darwin ATAPUMA HURTADO BMC RACING TEAM 00:02:19
47 83 Warren BARGUIL TEAM GIANT - ALPECIN 00:02:19

Arredondo said:
Bushman said:
Arredondo said:
jaylew said:

Well i never saw Spilak doing something in a flat sprint which indicates he's faster then Moreno.

Me neither, but he is quite fast, no? He beat Moreno Moser in Eichborn-Frankfurt in 2013 and I recall him beating Costa in a sprint for second in Paris-Nice this year I think.

Btw I'm not justifying his riding, just giving my thought on why Katusha didn't chase.

Re:

Netserk said:
New GC:
SkCfS8T.png
Stage placings as well:
6a2vZli.png

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Bushman said:
Arredondo said:
Bushman said:
Arredondo said:
jaylew said:

Well i never saw Spilak doing something in a flat sprint which indicates he's faster then Moreno.

Me neither, but he is quite fast, no? He beat Moreno Moser in Eichborn-Frankfurt in 2013 and I recall him beating Costa in a sprint for second in Paris-Nice this year I think.

Btw I'm not justifying his riding, just giving my thought on why Katusha didn't chase.

Well aparently he did win some sprints. It should have been really impressive then, because i can't recall it ;)

Winner Anacona also really good. 13th today, and with that TT a good GC is still possible.

Cance > TheRest said:
Bushman said:
Arredondo said:
jaylew said:

There should be no doubt about the hierarchy between those 2. Moreno would win a sprint like that 80% of the times and Spilak should definitely have chased down the move

I never said that Spilak is faster than Moreno and should not have sacrificed himself, of course he should. But he is one the faster guys in such a sprint.

Bushman said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Bushman said:
Arredondo said:
jaylew said:

I never said that Spilak is faster than Moreno and should not have sacrificed himself, of course he should. But he is one the faster guys in such a sprint.
I agree. I guess, Spilak just have a too high understanding of himself, or the Katusha DS is just a .....

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Re: 2015 Tour de Suisse Stage 2 Risch-Rotkreuz - Risch-Rotkr

World of Cycling...watch out! Croatia is coming :cool: Great with from great Durasek...I can't wait to see him and Kiserlovski attacking mountains together at the Tour

A good start for Pinot and Spilak. They should be the strongest on the MTF. Birdsong, G and the young Tommy D looked very strong. They'll be looking to limit their losses on the queen stage and go for it in the TT. G seems to have booked leadership for this race, as Henao dropped off. Majka maybe surprisingly weaker than at Romandie, but he's got the big goal of his season still a long way off.

Re:

bajbar said:
WTF happened to Majka. Ono moment he was following Fuglsang and Thomas, then Sagan finishes 45 seconds ahead of him. 1km before the top of the climb he was still ahead of him...

Yes ...this rider has not shown anything this year

with 3 weeks to go to the Tour you would think he would be in better form no matter what excuses he says....I though he was going to be Contador's top Dom
Hope Kruez is in better form

TRENDING THREADS