• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour dFrance Stage 12 Lannemazan - Plat de Beille 195km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Froome might break the record if he really goes for it, but I think the only other time this Tour he'll truly do an MTT will be at the Alpe.

Re:

Kwibus said:
I don't like the stage design at all. After all the climbs comes a valley which kills attacks on climbs before the final cllimb.

Other teams will have to attack before the final climb though.... If they want to isolate Froome. Movistar needs to send riders up the road tomorrow.
+1.

Agree with you. The design of this stage was always terrible. PdB is usually like this. They should do something different next time.

Re:

djpbaltimore said:
I would call it being between a rock and a hard place. I guess if you put someone up the road, you can jump on the penultimate climb, break the SKY helpers and link up in the valley. Tough to pull off, but not impossible. I just don't personally expect it to happen, but I hope the stage exceeds my expectations.

Nobody can put people up the road as they are all at least twenty minutes down. Sky would just peg the gap at around five minutes.

Re: 2015 Tour dFrance Stage 12 Lannemazan - Plat de Beille 1

barmaher said:
And I don't expect Sky to be too exercised to chase them unless a rider within 10 minutes is in the lead group.

So unless someone in the top 12 attack... not gonna happen (probably, only really Frank is a possibility.)

Anyways, the Sky train to roll this out for Froome, like 2012.

Re: 2015 Tour dFrance Stage 12 Lannemazan - Plat de Beille 1

I really don't like Plateau de Beille. There is no good connection to this climb because no matter if you put port de lers or all the Aix les Thermes passes in front of this there is a flat section between. Of course the climb itself is good but while we see this one every few years, mtf's like Superbagneres with three 1st or HC climbs you could put before it with hardly any flat between, haven't been used for ages.

ps: froome to put another minute in all the other gc contenders and porte to destroy a possible 1 minute advantage again :D

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Quintana dislikes extreme heat, right?
This Tour really needs some bad weather that your typical Giro has, Quintana attacking with really bad weather could save this race.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Lol if there is 35 freakin degrees its all for Froome, imo he wants to break AC time so Im exited lol

Seriouls I think Movistar shouldnt try anything tomoroz.

Froome should go for it again tomorrow as he is so much stronger than everyone else right now. Quintana may finish the last week strong so it makes sense for him to get as much of a lead as possible. Movistar will then just focus on getting 2nd and 3rd on the podium.

Seems like the whole stage will be broadcasted, so fun to catch the whole thing. If it is hot tommorow i fear that King Skeleton will win this by quite a margin. And hoping that Gesink can climb up in the GC, he has looked strong so far, who knows, maybe a podium place in Paris :)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

markene2 said:
Seems like the whole stage will be broadcasted, so fun to catch the whole thing. If it is hot tommorow i fear that King Skeleton will win this by quite a margin. And hoping that Gesink can climb up in the GC, he has looked strong so far, who knows, maybe a podium place in Paris :)
right from the start? (where? ES?) ;)

Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
So extreme heat is something that really benefits.. Froome? Who would have thought, the guy is just flawless.

You must know by now that The Nairobian king has no weakness, in his early days he even rode through a rainstorm without getting wet.

ILovecycling said:
markene2 said:
right from the start? (where? ES?) ;)

I am currently in Norway and the stage airs a couple of hours earlier tommorow, so that would be my guess that the whole stage is brodcasted. :)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
So extreme heat is something that really benefits.. Froome? Who would have thought, the guy is just flawless.

this stage could prove a good chance for Movi to put it to Sky. If they drive insanely hard on the first 2 mountains killing off half of Sky and asking big of Porte (who may have a bad day) then let Nairo try to go full on PDB it may bring a time gap to Froome.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, if Movi go extremely hard, then Porte and Thomas will drop like stones, because the Movi domestiques are climbing better than they are. And then Quintana can finish off Froome, who he is climbing much better than.

Wait, isn't it the other way around?

Campervan man said:
SeriousSam said:

this stage could prove a good chance for Movi to put it to Sky. If they drive insanely hard on the first 2 mountains killing off half of Sky and asking big of Porte (who may have a bad day) then let Nairo try to go full on PDB it may bring a time gap to Froome.

Or you could flip that around and Movistar then burn all their team and find Sky still have Poels, Porte and G with Froome like the other day.

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

Pricey_sky said:
Campervan man said:
SeriousSam said:

Or you could flip that around and Movistar then burn all their team and find Sky still have Poels, Porte and G with Froome like the other day.

Of course you could. Thing is unless a team goes for it or a rider blows a race to pieces (what was the AC TDF11 stage?) then playing conservatively is perfect for Sky. Walt, Richie and G may or may not crack but if you don't attack you don't win. Anyway just a thought it'll not happen.

Campervan man said:
Pricey_sky said:
Campervan man said:
SeriousSam said:

Of course you could. Thing is unless a team goes for it or a rider blows a race to pieces (what was the AC TDF11 stage?) then playing conservatively is perfect for Sky. Walt, Richie and G may or may not crack but if you don't attack you don't win. Anyway just a thought it'll not happen.

Yeah I agree, I may be completely wrong but I have a feeling movistar will settle for a 2-3 on the podium in Paris.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Yeah, if Movi go extremely hard, then Porte and Thomas will drop like stones, because the Movi domestiques are climbing better than they are. And then Quintana can finish off Froome, who he is climbing much better than.

Wait, isn't it the other way around?
Im glad you havent abandoned the Tour :D

MatParker117 said:
Kwibus said:
I don't like the stage design at all. After all the climbs comes a valley which kills attacks on climbs before the final cllimb.

Other teams will have to attack before the final climb though.... If they want to isolate Froome. Movistar needs to send riders up the road tomorrow.

Movistar's next best rider is half an hour down, Sky won't care.

It's more about linking up to drive up the advantage of Quintana if he attacks than the position of the guy who goes up the road.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't going to abandon the Tour, it's just that my interest is greatly diminished. For one, I'm determined to keep posting the odds every stage until Froome's line has converged to 1. :)

Engaging with the highly thoughtful people here around Tour time is also something I wouldn't want to miss.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
I wasn't going to abandon the Tour, it's just that my interest is greatly diminished. For one, I'm determined to keep posting the odds every stage until Froome's line has converged to 1. :)

Will it actually get to exactly 1 though? Say he's 5 minutes ahead of Quintana at the start of the Paris stage, there is still chance he could crash and end up with a terrible injury so he loses the race, however small that chance is.

TRENDING THREADS