• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour dFrance Stage 12 Lannemazan - Plat de Beille 195km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

hrotha said:
Jagartrott said:
Sky bullying Cannondale. And Cannondale listening.
Cannondale entirely to blame here.

Hesjedal seemed to BE mad at least but yea seriousl who cares? Then again what if sky said they would keep chasing cannondal guys in the next week if they don't stop right now?

GC is already over so they might aswell.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Tell me ryo, when is the last time movistar pulled out something heh? Surely there are many examples. But if you think they can beat froome by not using piti before the last climb, you're even more clueless than i thought.

Not that it would work though but at least they tried then.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
Tell me ryo, when is the last time movistar pulled out something heh? Surely there are many examples. But if you think they can beat froome by not using piti before the last climb, you're even more clueless than i thought.

giro 2014 and vuelta 2012 :eek:

Re: 2015 Tour dFrance Stage 12 Lannemazan - Plat de Beille 1

DBotero said:
Sky should slow down ffs,they should let the break gain at least 15min.

Purito and Fuglsang are only 20 minutes down in the GC. Now of course they're not looking good, but giving him more than 15 minutes is an unnecessary risk. So they'll likely keep it around 10.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Ryo Hazuki said:
Miburo said:

Oh yea ignoring that sign in the giro?

And riding on tinkof their tactics in 2012? One of the times where it actually made sense for piti to wheelsuck purito and destroy him in the end with the help of his teammates on the front, that was good i guess. Not that they really gain anything from it

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

If a rider from it wins, you would think Riblon, Fuglsang or Meintjes. Maybe Durasek?

Rodriguez and Bardet have no form. Don't think any of the others.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Ramira said:
DBotero said:

Purito is only 15 minutes down in the GC. Now of course he's not looking good, but giving him more than 10 minutes is an unnecessary risk.

He's 20 minutes down. And in his current form it isn't a risk actually.

Ramira said:
DBotero said:

Purito is only 15 minutes down in the GC. Now of course he's not looking good, but giving him more than 10 minutes is an unnecessary risk.

20:42 actually.No need for Sky to work,everybody will defend the odd top 10 place.J.Rod in top 10 would look good though.

Arredondo said:
Ramira said:
DBotero said:

He's 20 minutes down. And in his current form it isn't a risk actually.

DBotero said:
20:42 actually.No need for Sky to work,everybody will defend the odd top 10 place.J.Rod in top 10 would look good though.

Yeah noticed I was checking the virtual GC, edited it just after you quoted.

Still I don't see them just letting it go. Thought they'll probably let it run to about 10 minutes.

I bet if it hits 15+ other teams will start working to preserve their position on Purito and Fuglsang.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

burning said:
Froome wants the stage and KOM, it is clear that Sky will chase them all the way to PDB.

Froome will gift the stage to Thomas or Porte if they are within reach of the break. Chances are those 3 will drop everyone and come top 3 on this stage. :D

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Miburo said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Miburo said:

Oh yea ignoring that sign in the giro?

And riding on tinkof their tactics in 2012? One of the times where it actually made sense for piti to wheelsuck purito and destroy him in the end with the help of his teammates on the front, that was good i guess. Not that they really gain anything from it
what sign? :eek:

Re:

DDavies said:
This is going to be so boring. The GC contenders will wait for Plateau De Beille.

Yes ofcourse, look at the stage design...
___/\__/\__/\__/

Those valleys of 20-30km in between mountains really do not motivate long range attacks from GC riders.
The only thing these mountains do is make it hard to control and hurt the legs a bit more before the final climb.

Only by sending domestiques up the road from teams like Tinkoff and Movistar something could happen, but they didn't. Only Izagirre, but that's more precaution then a plan to attack early.

TRENDING THREADS