• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour dFrance Stage 12 Lannemazan - Plat de Beille 195km

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
BigMac said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Miburo said:
And there goes the podium for the dutchies. It lasted 2 days.
Like Gesink could've done something.. Thanks to that flat tire he was ****

He had a flat? :(

Nkbody noticed? He stood still beside his bike in full view

French television didnt even bother to say "crevasion Gesink".

Too busy following any french rider.

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Re:

jaylew said:
Is it a good sign that Froome couldn't drop everyone today? Am I reaching? :eek:

Yes, he tried. And now all the GC contenders saw that he could not drop them. Had he not done it, then everybody would have thought, he was as strong as in stage 12.

Re: 2015 Tour dFrance Stage 12 Lannemazan - Plat de Beille 1

Must have been significant headwind given how the favourites group came in together despite most of the big guns trying to attack at one point or other. Seemed it was impossible to sustain any attack. Still Quintana looked like a rider who could trouble Froome in the 3rd week

I don't believe Froome held too much back, neither did he go flat out apart from his one attack. As this was easily caught by Quintana, he didn't' try again. Had he been able drop Quintana, he would have done this in a heartbeat.

Hopefully Movistar saw today as the start of Froomes decline and decide to go all out in the Alps. Its of course mostly wishful thinking on my part, but there is a precedent of Froome weakening significantly on third week after all.

Less said about Thomas in this part of the forum the better, but one thing what is unknown about him, is his recovery and consistency on week 3. Sky still haven't been able to fix the consistency issue on Porte after all.

Nobody was able to escape from Sky today...Even Froome himself! Porte and Thomas were able to catch Contador and Quintana in no time. However Chris wasn't himself today and couldn't gap his rivals - all of them were more or less on similar level today. It gives us a little hope that this race is not completely over. We'll see in the Alps.

I was only able to watch the last 5kms on steep hill

very happy to see purito take line honours
at least he looked like he was suffering hard to take the win

is porte human after all
pulling off after his monster effort on the front

g thomas the next gt contender off the sky factory floor

maybe just me
but did froome look like he was actually working quite hard
not on the rivet but close to it

The Hitch said:
burning said:
willbick said:
This is what basically clean cycling looks like folks. If you dont like it go see some 1990s races on youtube

I guess this cycling was very clean 2 days ago.

Seriously, you need to get banned for trolling.
He needs to get banned for talking clinic in the prr section. Always. He's had at least 20 warnings over the years and one ban for it irrc. Always accusing everyone of doping but Sky.

..and Willbick is banned.. The irony is beyond.. Cycling News is really loosing it.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
This stage also opened the Polka jersey competition a bit with Froome scoring very little. Purito now only 11 points back, Fuglsang 21. IF the big guns don't score massive points on the Alpe (the other HC MTF giving 50pts) then attackers have a chance.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
BigMac said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Miburo said:

He had a flat? :(

Nkbody noticed? He stood still beside his bike in full view

I only tuned when the last climb started. And even then was barely paying attention. Tremendous bad luck.

I just finished watching the recorded last 1.5 hours of the race today. Chapeau Purito, great ride!!! Poor Kwai he was going so strong for so long :(. Really nice recovery by Bardet, just goes to show never give up!

The GC action was exciting and everyone took their shot. No changes but it is obvious they will not lay down arms and that is good for the race :) Valverde is Strong and makes the perfect foil for Nairo to attack off of! G makes me want to vomit though :(

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

leon993 said:
jaylew said:
Is it a good sign that Froome couldn't drop everyone today? Am I reaching? :eek:

Yes, he tried. And now all the GC contenders saw that he could not drop them. Had he not done it, then everybody would have thought, he was as strong as in stage 12.
good point. froome always tries though and he clearly wasn't the strongest. quintana followed his wheel all the time without much effort. this will motivate nibali, quintana and especially contador a lot!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Põhja Konn said:
Must have been significant headwind given how the favourites group came in together despite most of the big guns trying to attack at one point or other. Seemed it was impossible to sustain any attack. Still Quintana looked like a rider who could trouble Froome in the 3rd week

I don't believe Froome held too much back, neither did he go flat out apart from his one attack. As this was easily caught by Quintana, he didn't' try again. Had he been able drop Quintana, he would have done this in a heartbeat.

Hopefully Movistar saw today as the start of Froomes decline and decide to go all out in the Alps. Its of course mostly wishful thinking on my part, but there is a precedent of Froome weakening significantly on third week after all.

Less said about Thomas in this part of the forum the better, but one thing what is unknown about him, is his recovery and consistency on week 3. Sky still haven't been able to fix the consistency issue on Porte after all.
I can't believe people crying dope about thomas. this doesn't surprise me at all and I called it several years ago. thomas is actually a world class talent with an incredible engine (see classics) he's also not build too heavily so have him drop some kg and focus on a gt and here he is. this had been coming for a long time. still I think he will fade in final week because he needs his power and that drains quickest. that's why real climbers always come out on top in this week, even if they aren't super talented per jesus hernandez is a good example

DBotero said:
No_Balls said:
DBotero said:
Ok G. was amazing,but those were not attacks.Those little digs won't trouble Froome ever,they could try them all the way to Paris.

When you as track rider Geraint rides like Armstrong 2004 what are the others supposed to do?

How many climbs were today? Yet they let Froome to arrive with almost full support at the foot of the last climb :eek:
It is more due to the bad design of the stage than the will of the teams. Too many valleys. I saw it from the beginning so I was ready for the procession to the last climb. Besides the heat had everybody scared to death of cracking!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

DBotero said:
No_Balls said:
DBotero said:
Ok G. was amazing,but those were not attacks.Those little digs won't trouble Froome ever,they could try them all the way to Paris.

When you as track rider Geraint rides like Armstrong 2004 what are the others supposed to do?

How many climbs were today? Yet they let Froome to arrive with almost full support at the foot of the last climb :eek:
which team did you think wasted more energy? sky or other teams? :eek: we will see how far sky will fade in the third week. today wasn't very good except thomas.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gesink lost 1 minute in 7km because of that stupid flat tire. Does bad luck never stop? **** this
he was already dropped pretty much before that. stop crying he didn't lose 1 minute because of that either. no flat tire costs you one minute during a climb :eek:

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site

Kwibus said:
goggalor said:
auscyclefan94 said:
LOL, Froome is nearly even able to go with Valverde in a sprint.
He barely had to open his mouth to breath the entire climb. Very very easy.

If he really had more he wouldve dropped them all.

Obviously serious headwind. Crazy performance by Thomas.
He had more, I believe, just probably wasn't worth the effort today. Wouldn't be good for Thomas either.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

yaco said:
Not a fair dinkum race today - GC Peloton made 2 1/2 minutes on Rodriguez in the 15km climb - They would have taken around 5 minutes out of Rodriguez if they were serious.
when you think you've read all the horse**** in this topic this comes up :eek:

Miburo said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Miburo said:

I understand that, extremely unlucky. Doesn't change the fact that this top 3 dream is most likely over, especially cause contador and piti looked better today. And thomas too

If i were him i would drop 10 minutes back tomorrow and go for a win in the mountains.
I will never understand people saying this when top 3 is out of reach. Like if we were in the same situation we would do the same thing actually. You just don't give up until you are completely defeated. IMHO.

TRENDING THREADS