• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Castelrotto – Alpe di Siusi 10.8 km MTT

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
This is hilarious. Nibali what the *** were you doing?

He still has a chance to win it, let's just hope the cycling gods won't give him another break with a kruiswijk crash but i've a feeling something bad is gonna happen to kruiswijk. Hope i'm wrong

Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Castelrotto – Alpe di Siusi 10.8 km

Gazprom should be expelled from Giro.

It was a bad idea to invite them from the start. The excluded italian team or Caja Rural would have been better.

Re:

Eyeballs Out said:
A big advantage for Foliforov was that he didn't get involved in that really punishing stage yesterday
Exactly; if anything, the surprise is that more riders who saved themselves a bit yesterday didn't do more today. And also a surprise that riders like Krujswijk, Chaves and Valverde still had anything left to give.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Kokoso said:
Mayomaniac said:
Kokoso said:
Libertine Seguros said:
rehy90 said:
Cycling is going to lose if this Foliforov guy wins today
24yo, formerly top 5 of l'Avenir. Was in the Nibs/Piti group on Friday and lost 24 mins yesterday. Gazprom have obviously targeted this stage with Firsanov up in the top 5 too.
But still, you know...
Last year he bet Firsanov by 1'28" in the GP of Sochi uphill ITT, 1min faster than the 2nd, he's obviously a great climber who already had great results as an U23 rider.
GP of Sochi? Not exactly race to be drawn conlusions towards winning Giro MTT IMHO.
It's the only MTT that he raced and he wrecked Firsanov (ok, that wasn't exactly 2016 Firnasov, but still). The guy's a skinny climber who finished 4th in Avenir, not some obscure no name who found his climbing leg in his late 20ies...

Re:

Miburo said:
This is hilarious. Nibali what the **** were you doing?

He still has a chance to win it, let's just hope the cycling gods won't give him another break with a kruiswijk crash but i've a feeling something bad is gonna happen to kruiswijk. Hope i'm wrong
Right now he either has to get a Basso-illness or an aseroid hits the earth if they want to beat him. He's just so much better than the rest right now?

SeriousSam said:
Hugo Koblet said:
saganftw said:
dumoulin same time as roglic in prologue,now kruiswijk...lotto jumbo have no luck at all
What do you mean by luck? This has nothing to do with luck. Besides they are winning the Giro.

What? Losing a time trial by fractions of a second has nothing to do with bad luck?
I noticed on numerous occasions Kruiswijk changing his line due to crazy fans and their photograph taking, that would certainly add up to a few hundreths of a second. I don't know if the stage winner had to endure the same obstacles or not.

Re:

Andro said:
It's amazing how salty people get whenever a Russian rider wins something. Dry your eyes, please.

The guy has obviously saved energy for this stage while all the other climbers rode their hearts out yesterday and are probably still feeling it today. His past results indicate that he's quite good at uphill TT's. This isn't really that weird. They aimed for this stage and it paid off. A great win and congrats to them!
Yes, that certainly worked. Rusvelo has been completely anonymous to the point you forgot they were in the race and booom...

Re:

Miburo said:

Nibali preparation was underdone according to Slongo probably to try for Giro-Tour double. Really stupid of Astana o underestimate their rivals. Vino had already stated that Nibali would win.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Miburo said:

Right now he either has to get a Basso-illness or an aseroid hits the earth if they want to beat him. He's just so much better than the rest right now?

Tell him to eat! As a contador fan, i know how that one feels

Libertine Seguros said:
rehy90 said:
Cycling is going to lose if this Foliforov guy wins today
24yo, formerly top 5 of l'Avenir. Was in the Nibs/Piti group on Friday and lost 24 mins yesterday. Gazprom have obviously targeted this stage with Firsanov up in the top 5 too.
Remember he was in the breakaway on Friday, so finishing in the Nibs group isn't quite as impressive as it might seem on first glance.

Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Castelrotto – Alpe di Siusi 10.8 km

KyoGrey said:
Gazprom should be expelled from Giro.

It was a bad idea to invite them from the start. The excluded italian team or Caja Rural would have been better.
Why? They've just won a big stage. Cycling is clearly growing in Russia right now and its good to give talented riders the opportunity.

TRENDING THREADS