2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 10 Campi Bisenzio - Sestola 219km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 10 Campi Bisenzio - Sestola 2

Gigs_98 said:
ice&fire said:
Gigs_98 said:
Although this is of course very sad news I noticed that pre race favorites not finishing a gt, actually happens very often:

Giro 2016: Landa
Vuelta 2015: Froome, Nibali
Tour 2015: TJVG
Giro 2015: Porte
Vuelta 2014: Quintana
Tour 2014: AC, Froome
Giro 2014: Rodriguez

Therefore I think that the last time nobody of the pre race favorites abandoned or was disqualified was in 2013.
Was Wiggins a pre-race favorite in the 2013 Giro?
Yeah but I think there were no big favorites abandoning in the vuelta and the tour 2013 and I wanted to see what was the last gt in which all the big favorites rode till the end.
Basso was doing well in Vuelta 2013 until his abandon, but I don't know if he was among the pre-race favorites.
 
Aug 31, 2012
7,550
1
0
Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 10 Campi Bisenzio - Sestola 2

Gigs_98 said:
Although this is of course very sad news I noticed that pre race favorites not finishing a gt, actually happens very often:

Giro 2016: Landa
Vuelta 2015: Froome, Nibali
Tour 2015: TJVG
Giro 2015: Porte
Vuelta 2014: Quintana
Tour 2014: AC, Froome
Giro 2014: Rodriguez

Therefore I think that the last time nobody of the pre race favorites abandoned or was disqualified was in 2013.
:p
 
Re:

infeXio said:
Gastroenteritis for Landa apparently
In my whole life I have never eaten contaminated meat but somehow professional cycling teams are unable to buy good meat and prepare it without poisoning their riders. How can that be so extremely difficult? Can please someone explain that to me?
 
Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 10 Campi Bisenzio - Sestola 2

SeriousSam said:
Gigs_98 said:
Although this is of course very sad news I noticed that pre race favorites not finishing a gt, actually happens very often:

Giro 2016: Landa
Vuelta 2015: Froome, Nibali
Tour 2015: TJVG
Giro 2015: Porte
Vuelta 2014: Quintana
Tour 2014: AC, Froome
Giro 2014: Rodriguez

Therefore I think that the last time nobody of the pre race favorites abandoned or was disqualified was in 2013.
:p
Well he was very strong in the Dauphine and 3rd in the tour before he abandoned. He certainly wasnt such a big favorite as Froome and Contador the year before but I think you can definitely put him in this list.
 
Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 10 Campi Bisenzio - Sestola 2

Gigs_98 said:
Although this is of course very sad news I noticed that pre race favorites not finishing a gt, actually happens very often:

Giro 2016: Landa
Vuelta 2015: Froome, Nibali
Tour 2015: TJVG
Giro 2015: Porte
Vuelta 2014: Quintana
Tour 2014: AC, Froome
Giro 2014: Rodriguez

Therefore I think that the last time nobody of the pre race favorites abandoned or was disqualified was in 2013.
That's horrendous.

Also; lol at everyone just assuming it was a moody sausage, based on a twitter pic :D
 
Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
infeXio said:
Gastroenteritis for Landa apparently
In my whole life I have never eaten contaminated meat but somehow professional cycling teams are unable to buy good meat and prepare it without poisoning their riders. How can that be so extremely difficult? Can please someone explain that to me?
Could have been passed on yesterday from someone else who was infected, he may not have eaten anything dodgy.
 
Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
infeXio said:
Gastroenteritis for Landa apparently
In my whole life I have never eaten contaminated meat but somehow professional cycling teams are unable to buy good meat and prepare it without poisoning their riders. How can that be so extremely difficult? Can please someone explain that to me?
It doesn't have to be because of what he ate. Maybe it's simply a virus.
 
Re: Re:

Kwibus said:
Gigs_98 said:
infeXio said:
Gastroenteritis for Landa apparently
In my whole life I have never eaten contaminated meat but somehow professional cycling teams are unable to buy good meat and prepare it without poisoning their riders. How can that be so extremely difficult? Can please someone explain that to me?
It doesn't have to be because of what he ate. Maybe it's simply a virus.
Exactly. I'm no doc, but I'd figure you're particularly susceptible to illness when you're putting yourself through a GT. It's a shame, but it happens.
 
Mar 14, 2016
3,093
1
0
A few years ago my then-DS warned us that gastroenteritis can come from something as apparently as innocuous as a water bottle. The wheels of the guys in front kick up microscopic dirt onto your water bottle, you drink from it, and presto, the infecious agent is in your body.
 
Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
A few years ago my then-DS warned us that gastroenteritis can come from something as apparently as innocuous as a water bottle. The wheels of the guys in front kick up microscopic dirt onto your water bottle, you drink from it, and presto, the infecious agent is in your body.
Indeed. You can't control everything.
You can reduce the risk, but can never prevent it 100%.
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
Cunego and Atapuma should be able to crack Preidler on the steep part of the climb, but you never know...
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY