• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 10 Campi Bisenzio - Sestola 219km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
SeriousSam said:
Landa pulling out is absolutely awful for the GC battle. Giro pretty much ruined now.

You think Nibali will win by 8 minutes? I think there's half a dozen riders within a minute and the real mountains are not even here yet.

It certainly won't be as bad as his Tour win, especially if Nibali and Valverde are relatively closely matched as they might be. But the intrigue of the GC battle has taken a huge hit.

I was hoping for Landa to perform great feats of aggressive mountain riding and Nibali and Valverde to have to be aggressive and opportunistic in turn, to fend him off. None of that will happen now.

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Going out for a 3 hours ride, comes back to the live transmission like a little happy boy and looks forward to today's good stage. And then this.........

Please Mikel. :(

I empathize with you but I've had worse experiences.
The Mortirolo stage of 1999.

Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 10 Campi Bisenzio - Sestola 2

Although this is of course very sad news I noticed that pre race favorites not finishing a gt, actually happens very often:

Giro 2016: Landa
Vuelta 2015: Froome, Nibali
Tour 2015: TJVG
Giro 2015: Porte
Vuelta 2014: Quintana
Tour 2014: AC, Froome
Giro 2014: Rodriguez

Therefore I think that the last time nobody of the pre race favorites abandoned or was disqualified was in 2013.

Gigs_98 said:
Although this is of course very sad news I noticed that pre race favorites not finishing a gt, actually happens very often:

Therefore I think that the last time nobody of the pre race favorites abandoned or was disqualified was in 2013.
Was Wiggins a pre-race favorite in the 2013 Giro?

ice&fire said:
Gigs_98 said:

sure he was. TdF champ.

ice&fire said:
Gigs_98 said:

Yeah but I think there were no big favorites abandoning in the vuelta and the tour 2013 and I wanted to see what was the last gt in which all the big favorites rode till the end.

TRENDING THREADS