• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 13, Palmanova - Cividale 170 km

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
GuyIncognito said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Ironically Giovanni's moronic tactic ended up being quite clever as Valverde managed to lose a sprint against Nibali, the greatest of all puncheurs :rolleyes:

Nope. If it was for 2nd Valverde would've lost 2 seconds. This way he lost 4.
True. Well, then it was really a stupid tactic

Well, on paper it was a really good tactic. They would obviously back Valverde to beat Nibali in a sprint. Nibali finishing ahead happens like 1 out of 20 times.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Cance > TheRest said:
GuyIncognito said:
Scarponi said:
Surely majka has to go one day

He plans to attack in the 4th week
:D if it wasn't for the fluo kit, I would have forgotten that Majka is actually in this race. Really anonymous ride so far

apparently goes for the honorable zubeldia jersey (secret TOP10)

btw, guess who's secretly in 10th place in California... yes, the Master himself

Tappa
Tappa_zpsjwnzhoim.jpg

GC
Clipboard_zpsywkjql7l.jpg

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

togo95 said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Ironically Giovanni's moronic tactic ended up being quite clever as Valverde managed to lose a sprint against Nibali, the greatest of all puncheurs :rolleyes:

You know that the difference between 2nd and 3rd in time bonus is less than between 3rd and 4th, right? Anyway it almost seemed to me like Valverde didn't want to win that sprint, or he just messed it up, because he thought he would win it easily.

See the red ...

Re:

hfer07 said:
Regarding Nibs out sprinting Valverde: Don Alejandro just said in RAI he believed there were more than two riders finishing ahead and didn't pay attention that 4 secs for the 3rd place were for grasp...............

That doesn't surprise me at all. He certainly didn't look like he was trying very hard or that he cared when Nibali came alongside him. I was wondering if he realized there were bonus seconds on the line.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Valverde and Nibali are marking each other heavily. I think other contenders, like Kruijswijk, Chaves, Zakarin or Uran should try to take advantage of that. Today was an opportunity for that, and maybe tomorrow will be also. After MTT I'm afraid that chance will be gone

Re:

Mr.White said:
Valverde and Nibali are marking each other heavily. I think other contenders, like Kruijswijk, Chaves, Zakarin or Uran should try to take advantage of that. Today was an opportunity for that, and maybe tomorrow will be also. After MTT I'm afraid that chance will be gone
You think Nibali and Valverde will come out of the itt with sufficient advantage?

Re:

Mr.White said:
I don't think Nibali and Valverde will stay looking at each other if Kruijswijk or Chavez attack.

Re:

Mr.White said:

Maybe they can't. Just a little acceleration from Nibali distanced a few and apart from a minor move from Chavez nobody tried anything. It is like it has been from the beginning between Nibs and Bala. Tomorrow might be murderous for some.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

sir fly said:
Mr.White said:
You think Nibali and Valverde will come out of the itt with sufficient advantage?

They already have a sufficient advantage on all bar Kruijswijk, and yes I think they will have even more after the MTT

Broccolidwarf said:
Based on today, Pozzovivo, Uran, Zakarin, Jungels and Amador do not have it when the GC top drops the hammer uphill... while Majka, Kruijswijk and Chaves do....I see those 3 fighting with Valverde and Nibali for the podium,

Seems to be the current trend yeah. Not really surprised by Uran since hes Uran. Neither am I by Zakarin since its his first GT.
Edit : mybad about Zakarin I missed last year Giro...

Mr.White said:
sir fly said:
Mr.White said:

They already have a sufficient advantage on all bar Kruijswijk, and yes I think they will have even more after the MTT
I doubt they'll gain significant amount of time in the itt. Judging by the Chianti results, everybody's using the same formula, and the duo hasn't shown so far they're superior in climbing.

TRENDING THREADS