• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia, Stage 19: Pinerolo - Risoul (162 km MTF)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

jens_attacks said:
valverde to crack on agnello

if somebody attacks him of course....

i hope nibali gets better and attacks hard on agnello.

On the contrary, Valverde to attack on Agnello and only Kruijswijk to follow

ok epic nerds, i need to know when was valverde's last super ride on a 2000m+ mountain.
this is why i also doubt zakarin, to be honest

again, i think only astana can attack on agnello. because if a leader goes there, he needs to send strong teamates in the breakaway to wait and help...

Re:

jens_attacks said:
ok epic nerds, i need to know when was valverde's last super ride on a 2000m+ mountain.

again, i think only astana can attack on agnello. because if a leader goes there, he needs to send strong teamates in the breakaway to wait and help...

Does not dropping on the CdF last year count?
Dropping Contador on BdM Vuelta 2012?

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
jens_attacks said:

I think the altitude thing is a bit of a red herring regarding Valverde (even if he has used it as an excuse himself at times). He tends to get shelled when the stage has 4000m+ of climbing, which often coincides with high altitiude but not always.
If that is the case, then tomorrow should be OK for him, but saturday will be a real challenge for him to stay with the best.

Kruijswijk and Chaves ain't got the team strengh to control this stage. Valverde and Nibali ain't got the shape to attack Kruijswijk properly. Zakarin is far enough behind for Kruijswijk to put him on a long leash since the others need to react first anyway. Majka has been such a disgrace to everyone this Giro that when he finally attacks ain't nobody even dares to play around with Kruijswijk. Instead all of them gonna pull back Majka.

Cunego's gonna try to secure the CC. Ulissi goes out for the first TV.

Dombrowski, Ciccone, Firsanov and Foliforov might wait for tomorrow. So it's still gonna be a win out of the favorites group somehow I tend to believe.

Like I said: Kruijswijk or Zakarin for the win.

Red Rick said:
jens_attacks said:

There were 3 CdF at the Tour. He dropped in one! :p

Escarabajo said:
Red Rick said:
jens_attacks said:

There were 3 CdF at the Tour. He dropped in one! :p

Think the first 2 were Glandons

TRENDING THREADS