• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team. Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia, Stage 21: Cuneo → Torino (163 km)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Bouhanni right now :D

giphy.gif

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Eyeballs Out said:
Nizzolo lost control and went left a few feet - about as dangerous as it gets. Modolo did really well to stay up
Yeah, but it's hard to say if it was intentional, if you sprint on wet urban cobbles you can loose control of your bike, it's a tough call.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re:

staubsauger said:
If he get's relegated he loses the red jersey as well ain't he!?

Might be the reason why there ain't be no action taken. Tells enough about him tough, that he finally manages to win a stage like this.

No, red is safe.

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Eyeballs Out said:
Nizzolo lost control and went left a few feet - about as dangerous as it gets. Modolo did really well to stay up
Yeah, but it's hard to say if it was intentional, if you sprint on wet urban cobbles you can loose control of your bike, it's a tough call.
I agree, not intentional, but does that matter if it's dangerous ? Was Zakarin vs Quintana deliberate ?

Eyeballs Out said:
Mayomaniac said:
Eyeballs Out said:
I agree, not intentional, but does that matter if it's dangerous ? Was Zakarin vs Quintana deliberate ?
It was such a farce that they robbed Ilnur of his stage win.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Eyeballs Out said:
Mayomaniac said:
Eyeballs Out said:
I think that the Zakarin/Quintana relegation was a bit harsh, but race official have a history of being inconsistent when it comes to relegations, sometimes you can get away with a certain move and sometimes the officiaals will relegate you.