• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Liège Bastogne Liège, April 24th, WT 253 km

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Good race. :) Sure, the weather took some of the attackability out of the riders, but they did what they could.
Well derserved winner, and this just goes to show how *** unfair cycling can be; Movistar being so strong - not least with the resurrected Betancur - yet no man in top-10.

Re: Re:

Billie said:
the asian said:
Tarnum said:
No Quickstep or Movistar in the top 10 :)

Serves them right.

:rolleyes:

yes applaud riders like Mollema, Bardet, Kreuziger and Rodriguez who should've been attacking Etixx and Movistar during the last 30 kms for doing absolutely nothing. Applaud defensive riding and the waiting game. Congretulate them on their hard fought top 10 place that is completely irrevelant :rolleyes:

Bardet and Kreuziger were active on Saint-Nicolas, at least.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Some people on here are the biggest moaners in the universe

Riders should have done this or that ....the conditions, the length of the race and strength of teams make long range attacks suicidal
Suicidal, so what? I'd rather try something and finish 48th, than to finish 9th or w/e doing nothing. But yay for my 4 World Tour points I guess.

Sasquatch said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Pricey_sky said:
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Poels at 40/1!!!!!!!!!
I had him at 50/1, but I also had Albasini at 80/1. And actually I had Sanchez at 66/1 also :D

I had Poels at 40/1, Albasini 201/1, Sanchez 101/1, Zakarin 50/1, Gasparotto 151/1. I was hoping for an Albasini win as the payout would have been better but will take it. Looks like a lot of people were on Poels. Good to have it over the bookies!
That's some crazy odds on Sanchez and Gasparotto. When did you place your bet on Albasini? I only bet when I saw he was constantly in 5th position or so and looked quite comfortable on the hills.

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Re:

OlavEH said:
What should they do increase the chances of attacks earlier than the last 10 km in next years LBL?

Remove the cobbled climb? Add more climbs between Redoute and San Nicolas?

Do something before La Redoute?

I'm sure the constant route changes are part of the problem as it makes everyone a little wary, though making it tougher earlier would be good.

Re:

OlavEH said:
What should they do increase the chances of attacks earlier than the last 10 km in next years LBL?

Eliminate all climbs after St.Nicholas and have 10 flat kms to Liege city center. Maybe add another 10-15 km with another climb in the middle of the race.

Re:

OlavEH said:

Why not simply accept that L-B-L is a kind of race where early attacks are less likely to happen?
All races can't be crazy P-R 200 km attackfests.

Re:

OlavEH said:

Get rid of teammates

Get rid of Ans
Get rid of Saint Nicolas
Replace these 2 by easier hills where you can't break the peloton
Make run in to Redoute tougher.
Make first 150km easier

Red Rick said:
OlavEH said:

Get rid of teammates

Get rid of Ans
Get rid of Saint Nicolas
Replace these 2 by easier hills where you can't break the peloton
Make run in to Redoute tougher.
Make first 150km easier

Costa is already testing this. Right now it looks that podiuming a monument without teammates is doable.

TRENDING THREADS