• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 predictions

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

WheelofGear said:
Arredondo said:
WheelofGear said:
Yeah, but I had Contador to winning the Vuelta after getting beat by Froome in the Tour. Same with Purito, after he will fail in the Tour.

The Vuelta will be the race of the losers.

Well, if you win/finish on the podium in a GT, i don't think you'll be a loser at the end.

I think Zakarin will flop immensely. Purito and Spilak two in a stage race.

Yes you will. He had the chance to win two GT in one year but blew it up. He IS a loser. The eternal second of modern cycling.

He will likely get a lot of 3rd and 2nd places again next year, but no major wins.

Well, he still won 50 UCI races. And multiple classics (monuments) and stage races. He did lose quite some important races, but a lot of riders in the past did that. Part of the game. He also did won some big races.

To call such a great rider a loser is just pathetic. Go and ride yourself, instead of calling someone a loser from behind your PC :mad:

WheelofGear said:
Arredondo said:
WheelofGear said:
Yeah, but I had Contador to winning the Vuelta after getting beat by Froome in the Tour. Same with Purito, after he will fail in the Tour.

Well, if you win/finish on the podium in a GT, i don't think you'll be a loser at the end.

Yes you will. He had the chance to win two GT in one year but blew it up. He IS a loser. The eternal second of modern cycling.

He will likely get a lot of 3rd and 2nd places again next year, but no major wins.

lol....you are either a. trolling or b. you know nothing of modern cycling.
Surely your hierarchy list is disingenuous right?

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

WheelofGear said:
Arredondo said:
WheelofGear said:

To call such great rider as Purito a loser, well I'd say you don't know anything about cycling, or sport generally!

And you put some big names in your list, like Landa, Zakarin, Thomas, Yates brothers, who all together didn't won 30% of Purito's palmares, what a joke!!!

Mr.White said:
WheelofGear said:
Arredondo said:
WheelofGear said:

To call such great rider as Purito a loser, well I'd say you don't know anything about cycling, or sport generally!

And you put some big names in your list, like Landa, Zakarin, Thomas, Yates brothers, who all together didn't won 30% of Purito's palmares, what a joke!!!
no wonder, purito and valverde are tend to be called losers on here. the other guys you listed above probably went in for cycling in vain by these standarts. well, it's really sad. :eek:

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
We had the same thing last year on he forum with everyone predicting a Froome, Quintana and Contador to podium at the TDF. I think Gerraint Thomas is an outside bet for a podium.

Re:

SlimChance said:
We had the same thing last year on he forum with everyone predicting a Froome, Quintana and Contador to podium at the TDF. I think Gerraint Thomas is an outside bet for a podium.

First let's see him get a top 10 or even a top 5. I doubt he could even podium with a whole team dedicated to him, much less riding for Froome. (yes, I know he might be a protected rider, but Froomie will need every rider at his disposal.)

WheelofGear said:
Arredondo said:
WheelofGear said:

Lots of 2nds and 3rds will still put you pretty high in an overall hierarchy as you'll always be a threat to win even if you seldom do. More so than some of the riders you list who will spend much of their season domestiquing.

Dec 22, 2015
www.youtube.com
Classics:
Greg van Avermaet will finally win his classic (either Omloop or having some luck in M-S).
Greipel for K-B-K and a top 10 in RVV.
Kristoff shall reign in Flanders with adding G-W and another RVV.
Scheldeprijs for Gaviria / Van Poppel / Theuns.
Boonen / Degenkolb / Vanmarcke / Cancellara / Stannard for P-R.
Sagan will end on the podium in RVV and E3.

Matthews / Gilbert / Valverde / Rebellin / Gallopin / Kwiat / Kelderman for the Ardennes.

Giro d'Italia:
Valverde will be tired, so no top 5.
If he may ride it, Nibali for GC.
Maybe Kruiswijk / Dumoulin?

Tour de France:
Probably Froome, he will demolish everyone on the first mountain finish, although I hope they learned how to react to him.
Aru may have a chance, only 1 flat TT of 37km.
Quintana will end 2nd and be happy about it.
Contador will go all out on stage 19, but be short of a minute.

Vuelta d'Espana:
Landa / Purito / Majka.

Fall Classics:
Degenkolb for Vatenfall and Quebec.
Wellens for Lombardy and Montreal.
Slagter / Henao / Moreno / Cocquard / Benoot will compete for the other ones / podium.

WC:
T.Martin for revenge in TT.
Kristoff / Greipel / Cav / Kittel / Bouhanni or Demare (obvious these guys)
With lots of wind: Greipel / Boonen / Debusschere / Sagan / Terpstra for the surprise.

Down Under: Dennis
Paris-Nice: Froome
Tirreno: Quintana
Catalunya: Contador
Pais Vasco: Contador
Romandie: Spilak
Dauphiné: Froome
Suisse: Pinot

Giro: 1. Nibali 2. Majka 3. Landa
Tour: 1. Contador 2. Aru 3. Quintana
Vuelta: 1. Contador 2. Rodriguez 3. Chaves

Strade: Valverde
Sanremo: Sagan
Flanders: Van Avermet
Roubaix: Stybar
Amstel: Kwiatkowski
Flèche: Rodriguez
Liège: Nibali
Lombardia: Aru

Olympic TT: 1. Malori 2. Cancellara 3. Dennis
Olympic RR: 1. Nibali 2. Rodriguez 3. Uran
Worlds TT: 1. Martin 2. Dumoulin 3. Dennis
Worlds RR: 1. Greipel 2. Kristoff 3. Sagan

WT: Valverde
Most wins: Sagan
CQ ranking #1: Valverde

bassano said:
Catalunya: Contador
Romandie: Spilak
Dauphiné: Froome
Suisse: Pinot

Giro: 1. Nibali 2. Majka 3. Landa
Tour: 1. Contador 2. Aru 3. Quintana
Vuelta: 1. Contador 2. Rodriguez 3. Chaves

Strade: Valverde
Sanremo: Sagan
Flanders: Van Avermet
Roubaix: Stybar
Liège: Nibali

Olympic TT: 1. Malori 2. Cancellara 3. Dennis
Olympic RR: 1. Nibali 2. Rodriguez 3. Uran
Worlds RR: 1. Greipel 2. Kristoff 3. Sagan

Most wins: Sagan
I like it :) but with these results surely Alberto is #1 on the WT ranking :p

Just have a chaque, Primož Roglič to win Giro GPM. He'll not be a GC threat as he'll still be learning the ropes at WT level so will lose time in some benign stages early on, and will probably then go after it in the style of Arredondo a couple of years ago, another climber who turned pro late.

Down Under: Meintkes
Catalunya: Rodriguez
Romandie: Froome
Dauphiné: Van Garderen
Suisse: Rui Costa

Giro: 1. Valverde 2. Nibali 3. Landa
Tour: 1. Contador 2. Froome 3. Quintana
Vuelta: 1. Rodriguez 2. Rodriguez 3. Martin

Strade: Sagan
Sanremo: Cavendish
Flanders: Cancellara
Roubaix: Cancellara
Liège: Rui Costa

Olympic TT: 1. Martin 2. Cancellara 3. Dennis
Olympic RR: 1. Valverde 2. Rodriguez 3. Rui Costa
Worlds RR: 1. Kristoff 2. Kittel 3. Modolo

Most wins: Kittel

Tirreno: Pozzovivo
Catalunya: Rodríguez
Romandie: Špilak
Dauphiné: Van Garderen
Suisse: Thomas

Giro: 1. Nibali, 2. Uran, 3. Pozzovivo
Tour: 1. Froome 2. Quintana 3. Aru
Vuelta: 1. Contador, 2. Quintana 3.Landa

Strade: Moser
Sanremo: GVA
Flanders: Vanmarcke
Roubaix: GVA
Amstel: Gilbert
Liège: Alaphilippe
Lombardia: Martin (Daniel)

Olympic TT: Dumoulin
Olympic RR: Uran

which of these 5 riders will make a positive 2106 season in your opinion? who will have the best results?
Bystrom Kudus Hoelgaard Moscon Battaglin? i'm intresting for fantabike :)