• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TDF Predictions

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ferryman said:
Angliru said:
Ramon Koran said:
LaFlorecita said:
Oliwright said:
Even as a Froome fan i expect him to struggle with Quintana this year. But people didn't expect him to win last year. Those expecting him not to be on the podium are stupid imo. Yes he has crashed out of GTs before but so has Quintana and Froome is by common consensus a better bike handler than him. But if he doesn't crash Froome has been the best rider in the last 4 Tours. I understand people don't like Sky winning but I just find it funny, how many wish bad for them. Let's hope for and I predict a good race.
Where do you get stuff like this from :confused:
Froome is probably the best bike handler among gt contenders, did you see him on the cobbles and in the descents last year? Imo only sagan is a better bike handler in the peleton.

What a hilariously ridiculous statement! :eek:

Agreed, but it's July time for the Sky/English fans to come out to play and pretend they know about cycling whilst being sleekit in their trolling.
aha, with numerous tinkoff and astana fans always being so intelligent, wise and mature.

Ramon Koran said:
LaFlorecita said:
Oliwright said:
Even as a Froome fan i expect him to struggle with Quintana this year. But people didn't expect him to win last year. Those expecting him not to be on the podium are stupid imo. Yes he has crashed out of GTs before but so has Quintana and Froome is by common consensus a better bike handler than him. But if he doesn't crash Froome has been the best rider in the last 4 Tours. I understand people don't like Sky winning but I just find it funny, how many wish bad for them. Let's hope for and I predict a good race.
Froome is probably the best bike handler among gt contenders, did you see him on the cobbles and in the descents last year? Imo only sagan is a better bike handler in the peleton.

This is probably the funniest thing I have read in this forum. Well done sir.

Yellow Jersey: Froome
Podium: Quintana & Contador
White Jersey: Barguil
Green Jersey: Sagan
Polka dot Jersey: Majka
Team Classification: Astana
Combativity Award: Gallopin
Surprise of the Tour: Alaphilippe
Breakthrough rider: Rosa
1st Yellow Jersey: Kittel
Story on the tour: Not many time differences between the top favorites. Astana showtime.

The Barb said:
Ramon Koran said:
LaFlorecita said:
Oliwright said:

I've read a couple of interviews of riders being asked who they thought the best bike handlers in the peloton are and after obviously mentioning Sagan, both said Froome in the next breath. Bernie Eisel was the first a couple of months ago i na video and I think the other was Cancellera. I was surprised two very respected riders said Froome anyway?

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Yellow Jersey: Froome
Podium: Quintana, Dan Martin
White Jersey: Barguil
Green Jersey: Sagan
Polka dot Jersey: Rolland
Team Classification: Sky
Combativity Award: Gallopin
Surprise of the Tour: Dan Martin
Breakthrough rider: Buchmann

samhocking said:
I've read a couple of interviews of riders being asked who they thought the best bike handlers in the peloton are and after obviously mentioning Sagan, both said Froome in the next breath. Bernie Eisel was the first a couple of months ago i na video and I think the other was Cancellera. I was surprised two very respected riders said Froome anyway?
Wtaf you're kidding surely

samhocking said:
The Barb said:
Ramon Koran said:
LaFlorecita said:
Oliwright said:

The best bike handlers don't crash uphill.

Maybe a slightly hopeful prediction:

Yellow: Contador
Podium: Quintana, Froome
Green: Sagan
White: Barguil
Polka dot Jersey: Nibali
Team: Movi
Combativity Award: Nibali
Surprise: Kittel doesn't win a stage
Breakthrough rider: Patrick Konrad (pls)
First yellow jersey: Cancellara 2007 style :cool:
Story of the tour: Froome once again looks like the certain winner after the flat ITT but due to very aggressive riding of Quintana and Contador who do a double attack on the Ramaz on stage 20, they crack froome and Contador then beats Quintana in an epic one on one on the Joux Plane.
Tour defining stage: stage 20
Flop of the tour: Richie Porte who demonstrates once again that he can't win gt's and finishes outside the top 20

Well, the way I see it, predictions aren't worth making if they're the same as everyone else. And I figure if I'm right, I'll be a genius, and if I'm wrong, nobody will remember it anyway.

Yellow Jersey: Van Garderen
Podium: Pinot & Quintana
White Jersey: Meintjes
Green Jersey: Kristoff
Polka dot Jersey: Voeckler
Team Classification: Movistar
Combativity Award: Bardet
Surprise of the Tour: See above.
Breakthrough rider: Lawson Craddock, Top 15 and a stage win
Flop of the Tour: Froome, Contador, Astana in general.

Re:

Warhawk said:
Well, the way I see it, predictions aren't worth making if they're the same as everyone else. And I figure if I'm right, I'll be a genius, and if I'm wrong, nobody will remember it anyway.

Were do I sign for this?

Re:

Warhawk said:

You should put a few dollars on these tips. If they come true you will be very rich !

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Interesting to see that my prediction that Froome would be the second best bike handler at the tour after sagan came true. Will I get an apology from the people saying that what I was saying was ridiculous? Somehow I doubt it people with that attitude generally hide when proven wrong.

samhocking said:
The Barb said:
Ramon Koran said:
LaFlorecita said:
Oliwright said:

You really, really have to post links to support this. Now come on!

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, Tour is over now, maybe we'll see occasional battles for 3rd (maybe even 2nd), so let's do some entertainment predictions/wishes:

Vroom goes bananas under Mt. Blanc, his bike breaks just after the fnish line, but nobody tells him it's just St.Gervais (radio broken) not Mt. Blanc... so he continues running to the top of Mt. Blanc (constantly looking back in search of a spare bike) and descends on a parachute from a neutral mavic climber (it does not open but he saves his life by unfolding marginal Sky musette).

TRENDING THREADS