• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 45 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
gunara said:
I feel for Froome and Porte, but neutralising doesn't seem to be an easy decision either
No, you can't just stop the time gaps at the time of the crash. Froome, Porte and Mollema had already burnt matches that some of the guys behind hadn't - wouldn't be a fair solution.
There's no 100% fair solution, but at least taking times at the time of the crash reflects what happened before external factors hti the race.

Re:

Carols said:
Speechless.......

According to Phil the rule is clear Froome should be DQed
That will not happen. This panic was caused by an external set of circumstances, so a strict adherence to the rules in this case would be ***. They can't kick Froome out for reacting like this where this is nothing but the race organizers fault.

Re: Re:

woodburn said:
patrick767 said:
Are you freaking kidding me? A moto takes out the on the attack yellow jersey on a critical summit finish? Get the damn motos off the roads! Enough of this crap. What a farce!

So no video from the road?

And what's the moto supposed to do, run spectators over? This isn't the first time spectators have influenced the outcome of the TdF. Relax. Froome has this. He rode everyone but Porte off his wheel.

Hopefully Porte is not affected too much by running into the moto.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
i was talking to my dad a few day earlier about this... i mean, this is one of the few sports that allow you to be side by side with your heroes, however some idiot can ruin everything and from now on no public will be allow on the road

forrest-gump-running.jpg

Re:

MikeTichondrius said:
That was probably the most insane sequence of events I have witnessed at the TDF. Someone mentioned Guerini at Huez and sure enough, that was ridiculous at the time and thank god he won it. I cannot even begin to comprehend how they're going to fairly determine the result today. Someone's gonna get farked. If tomorrow wasn't a TT I could see a rider strike happening.

Yeah the thing about Guerini was that at least he won, which why I mentioned this is probably even worse.

If there had been a decent bike change here it would have been ok. But because the roads were so full there was no way to get a bike to Froome in time. Which goes back again to the issues with to many spectators on the road.