• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

deValtos said:
Zoophonic said:
A ridiculously long "Astana" tow there enjoyed by Aru. I am sure he won't enjoy the penalty. It is blatant cheating.

Don't know why people get so concerned about things like this tbh.

You already get severely screwed when you get a random puncture, I don't see any reason why you should screw them over further. Just makes zero sense to me.

Getting a puncture is bad luck yes but all part of a bike race. If you get one unlucky - it's not a passport to being shunted back to where you were in my opinion.

Fuglsang is 1.82 meters and Aru is 1.83 meters. There ain't no desperate need at all to change the bike just now, just there imho.

Aru should sit up now and use this race to prepare himself for the Vuelta a España and the Italian fall classics. He's got like zero true race days apart from the Tour so far and totally miscalculated his preparation so far. He should be fresh enough to save his season with a strong fall that turns things around in his favour.

Not sure how the Olympics fit in that scenario, though. But he ain't no valid addition to that squad anyway, without prime shape .

Hugo Koblet said:
ILovecycling said:
Hugo Koblet said:
ILovecycling said:
Aru is done :(
Stupid referee
Stupid referee? If anyone is stupid, it's Aru. It makes no sense to change bikes there. Hopefully he gets a time punishment for his obvious cheating.
Lol he didnt have his bike, he needed to change for his
What cheating lol?
You think that Grand Tours should be decided by mechanicals? :eek:
Lol he could have just waited 10 km's and changed bike on the cat. 4 climb. He would have had no trouble getting back to the group then.
The cheating of drifting in the slipstream of the team car, the "oh hang on to the car, we have to fix something on your bike...", or the sticky bottles. You take your pick.

No he couldn't cause guys like Kittel are getting dropped on the hill so the team cars have to stay behind a bit further because of that.

Billie said:
Hugo Koblet said:
ILovecycling said:
Hugo Koblet said:
ILovecycling said:
Stupid referee
Stupid referee? If anyone is stupid, it's Aru. It makes no sense to change bikes there. Hopefully he gets a time punishment for his obvious cheating.
What cheating lol?
Lol he could have just waited 10 km's and changed bike on the cat. 4 climb. He would have had no trouble getting back to the group then.
The cheating of drifting in the slipstream of the team car, the "oh hang on to the car, we have to fix something on your bike...", or the sticky bottles. You take your pick.

No he couldn't cause guys like Kittel are getting dropped on the hill so the team cars have to stay behind a bit further because of that.
So change bikes the moment they hit the climb or 10 metres before?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Hugo Koblet said:
ILovecycling said:
Hugo Koblet said:
ILovecycling said:
Stupid referee
What cheating lol?
I took mine, you took yours, there is nothing more to discuss.

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I have never been able to fathom penalties - I sit there watching it, shaking my head and going 'Ooh he is gonna get a penalty for that' and my children gaze upon me, deeply respectful of my encylopaedic Knowledge... and then they get nothing. Other times I go 'Oh, he's allowed to do that, it's not legal but they never punish you for it' and he gets a penalty and stomps off the race in a huff.

I think they do it on purpose to make me look stupid and to keep the riders on the qui vivre. Random Justice.

TRENDING THREADS