• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 71 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Death Merchant said:
PhiberAwptik said:
The Death Merchant said:
Froome keeps the yellow! Well that's it, I'm not watching this **** anymore. They are in Sky's pocket. They want to make Froome the winner no matter what. I'm not going to waste any more of my time with this ****.

This is a ridiculous reaction. You should be embarassed.

This is a ridiculous comment. You shoud be embarrassed.
There. I can write a pointless comment too.

What ASO did today was the ridiculous reaction. They should be embarrassed. When Flecha and Hoogerland were on a breakaway and were hit by a tv car (don't remember what year that was), ASO did nothing. But now that it's their beloved Froome...

Someone should tell "The Death Merchant" an imposter is posing as him. Because the real The Death Merchant" is "not going to waste any more of my time with this ****."

Re:

huangho said:
Four motos on a small road... Not even to take a single pic because they were too close to each other!!

Not a fan, not a flag, not a selfie, not a drunkie but four motos in straight line too close to each other!!

Blame it to the organization!!

If you are a photo journalist, it's your job to be there. It's a chaotic situation.

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
Can anyone who knows it tell me if it's forbidden to runup without a bike?
Mostly in cross races if you leg a run without the bike and change it at the top ... Road Races well youre only losing the advantage not gaining..

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Poursuivant said:
I love the way Froome ran up the road, that was sheer winning instinct, knowing all the cars need to get out the way he knew it would be better waiting up the road, love it!

It was pure instinct, confusion and panic all mixed in together... Pure madness, MADNESS I TELL THEE!

Re: Re:

kenk09 said:
The Hitch said:
Fans who boo Froome are probably booing him for the wider fraud that he is, nothing to do with this incident. He's been booed before, that's why sky had to invent the urine narative to make the fans who boo him out to be bad

geargbest said:
Froome must be the most hated cyclist ever, just listened to the Tour crowd and talking from experience its not many within cycling outside of UK (the UK people on its own how shown how smart of a people they are so lets not get into that....) which like this guy....And im sorry to say to the Froome fanboys its not for nothing so many people does not trust him lets just leave it by that.

Disgraceful decision by the jury but at the same time im also kinda happy cause it was just to much of a cluster****

Imagine not only thinking this, but typing it.

Yep there are some real sad sacks on here.

Re:

vedrafjord said:
CnVnKwBWYAAKDBx.jpg

Pro Cyclists Data ‏@procyclistsdata 3m3 minutes ago
Froome & Porte get same finishing time as Mollema in Stage #TDF2016
Phew!
So only Richie and Froome don't pay for the accident? A lot of guys got held up behind it!

spalco said:
huangho said:
Four motos on a small road... Not even to take a single pic because they were too close to each other!!

Not a fan, not a flag, not a selfie, not a drunkie but four motos in straight line too close to each other!!

The motos can't just **** disappear. The spectators just crowded way too far into the road.

Fans lost 6k, they just moved...

The big problem was that the bikes too close to each other, they could take some distance from each other in order to avoid problems.

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

myrideissteelerthanyours said:
qwertyuser said:
As a neutral viewer of the tour this is probably a fair result. However what bothers me is the free interpretation of the rules. Because if Mollema was the one running up that hill the results would not be changed. This is just because it is Froome. This TDF is really sad to watch. When someone else falls nobody waits. However when two nobody's from Sky fall everyone waits.
What are you basing this claim on?

What insider knowledge do you have of alternate dimensions where Mollema was running up that hill?

Are you on the ASO jury that made the decision or do you have insight into that process?

Why aren't we using your clairvoyance to make money on the stock market instead of discussing bitterly mad hateful opinions of Chris Froome?

Wow cool down pal, i am basing my opinion on the facts of the past. Because we can only compare it to stuff that happened in the past. When stuff like this happens, the results were never reversed before. When this results in a rule change it is fine, great even. However cherry picking when to revert the results is weird.

TMP402 said:
The Death Merchant said:
PhiberAwptik said:
The Death Merchant said:
Froome keeps the yellow! Well that's it, I'm not watching this **** anymore. They are in Sky's pocket. They want to make Froome the winner no matter what. I'm not going to waste any more of my time with this ****.

This is a ridiculous reaction. You should be embarassed.

This is a ridiculous comment. You shoud be embarrassed.
There. I can write a pointless comment too.

What ASO did today was the ridiculous reaction. They should be embarrassed. When Flecha and Hoogerland were on a breakaway and were hit by a tv car (don't remember what year that was), ASO did nothing. But now that it's their beloved Froome...

Someone should tell "The Death Merchant" an imposter is posing as him. Because the real The Death Merchant" is "not going to waste any more of my time with this ****."

He appears to be suffering from retrograde amnesia.

Lynton said:
No there is no written rule but it is a long standing rule of etiquette and to intentionally benefit out of a incident of misfortune like this is considered poor form, at least it used to be until cycling started losing it traditions.

To an extent maybe. In the last couple km on a MTF all bets are off imo.

vedrafjord said:
Pantani Attacks said:
WHERE IS THE PENALTY FOR FROOME? They've completely bottled this one...

Penalty for what? Technically according to the rules you can run the whole race as long as you cross the line with a bike (including in your hands like Rosa that time). He didn't break any rules.

You can run the course carrying a bike...he was bikeless that is the difference.

DirtyWorks said:
huangho said:

If you are a photo journalist, it's your job to be there. It's a chaotic situation.

It's true, but they were too close to each other, there is no way to take a good pic in there, that should be regulated...

But it is what it is, that was unfortunate, but could have been better managed.

The Death Merchant said:
samerics said:
The Death Merchant said:

lololololol! Get a grip......

"lololololol!" What are you, ten? :rolleyes:

You've posted you were finished with it. What's up, your memory a bit iffy ?

movingtarget said:
Alexandre B. said:
I fear commissaries will fan the flames of a Froome/Sky-hate among the public.

They only have themselves to blame for this.

I think it's some of the fans that need to look at themselves but as McEwen said the moto should have been further ahead and going a bit quicker but I guess he was trying to avoid running down loonies.

@alexandre. The commisaries should never consider those sentiments when making a decision.
The sick and *** hatred agaonst Froome is not their fault.

huangho said:
DirtyWorks said:
huangho said:

It's true, but they were too close to each other, there is no way to take a good pic in there, that should be regulated...

But it is what it is, that was unfortunate, but could have been better managed.

I agree with this. There's no point in that many of them being there. Now it's not the photographers fault, they were just doing their job. But no way the ASO should have allowed all of them to be there.

TRENDING THREADS