• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 73 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Climbing said:
Oh my! What did I miss!

Only this...

CnVvnjfXYAA6_ZX.jpg:large

Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
huangho said:
GC is changing ATM, NQ third... i don't know what's going on!!

1. GBRFROOME Christopher 1 TEAM SKY 57h 11' 33''
2. GBRYATES Adam 209 ORICA-BIKEEXCHANGE 57h 12' 20'' + 00' 47''
3. COLQUINTANA Nairo 11 MOVISTAR TEAM 57h 12' 27'' + 00' 54''
4. NEDMOLLEMA Bauke 61 TREK - SEGAFREDO 57h 12' 29'' + 00' 56''
5. FRABARDET Romain 41 AG2R LA MONDIALE 57h 12' 48'' + 01' 15''
6. ESPVALVERDE Alejandro 12 MOVISTAR TEAM 57h 13' 05'' + 01' 32''
7. USAVAN GARDEREN Tejay 99 BMC RACING TEAM 57h 13' 05'' + 01' 32''
8. ITAARU Fabio 21 ASTANA PRO TEAM 57h 13' 27'' + 01' 54''
9. IRLMARTIN Daniel 184 ETIXX-QUICK STEP 57h 13' 29'' + 01' 56''
10. ESPRODRIGUEZ OLIVER Joaquin 141 TEAM KATUSHA 57h 13' 44'' + 02' 11''
If Quintana has the same time as Bardet, Yates and al., it's a complete disgrace
Why? You either take time gaps at the time of the crash or not, you can't pick and choose.

Re:

Cycling1984 said:
9. DENSORENSEN Chris Anker 218 FORTUNEO - VITAL CONCEPT 04h 36' 14'' + 04' 23''
10. NEDMOLLEMA Bauke 61 TREK - SEGAFREDO 04h 36' 56'' + 05' 05''
11. GBRYATES Adam 209 ORICA-BIKEEXCHANGE 04h 37' 15'' + 05' 24''
12. ITAARU Fabio 21 ASTANA PRO TEAM 04h 37' 15'' + 05' 24''

So why have they not changed the stage result, as in Froome and Porte move up to 11th & 12th behind De Gent...

The finishing positions will always stay as they are. It's just the times that are adjusted usually.

Flamin said:
Gloin22 said:
Flamin said:
What in the fricking name of god happened???

Fan crashed, moto had to stop abruptly. Took out Porte, Froome and Mollema. Porte and Froome bikes got smashed, but then Froome didn't have bike for ages and had to run. All in all, scandal :D

Incredible. They better give Froome s.t. as Mollema.

Riders have been taken out in the midst of attacks before, by fans, race vehicles and most recently by motos. In each of those I don't recall any special consideration being taken. Van Avermat's incident cost him a victory. Sagan was taken out too. Hoogerland and Flecha were taken out by a organizer's vehicle in a break leading the race and I don't recall any special time exceptions being given to them. There is no 3 km rule for mtf's so that isn't applicable here either. It's a series of sad incidents that the sport has chosen to not properly address. Maybe this will be the incentive that is needed for organizers and UCI to make changes to lessen the likelihood of something like this happening in the future.

TMP402 said:
Gigs_98 said:
Can anyone who knows it tell me if it's forbidden to run without a bike?

I can't find it in the UCI rulebook just to be absolutely clear on this issue. I wonder if someone else can.
This is what I found:
1.2.108 Unless otherwise stated, each rider shall, in order to be classified, complete the race entirely through his own effort, without the assistance of any other person.
1.2.109 The rider may cross the finish line on foot, provided that has his bicycle with him.

You can run the course carrying a bike...he was bikeless that is the difference.

This whole discussion about running with or without bikes is moot since the jury decided to give the same time to Mollema, Froome and Porte. He could have been skipping or cartwheeling or sitting at the curbside sipping a cola for a few minutes.

bigcog said:
kenk09 said:
bigcog said:
Who ? Froome ? So he's to blame for morons in the crowds, a motorcyclist who isn't up to the job and the ASO who couldn't get high in a crack cocaine lab ? Nice one.

Was going for sarcasm. Gentle mocking of those who have decided to use this incident (3 riders and a motorbike colliding) to dust off and post all their Froome/Sky bile again.

Too subtle for me :redface: and this forum :D

Froome sky bile is never dusty. They deliver it fresh daily.

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
On what basis are they giving Quintana time? I mean, I'd like to see Froome lose to someone, but if they're neutralizing the race at the time of the crash then why change any times again?

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
PeterB said:
TMP402 said:
Gigs_98 said:

I can't find it in the UCI rulebook just to be absolutely clear on this issue. I wonder if someone else can.
This is what I found:
1.2.108 Unless otherwise stated, each rider shall, in order to be classified, complete the race entirely through his own effort, without the assistance of any other person.
1.2.109 The rider may cross the finish line on foot, provided that has his bicycle with him.
Then it would be fine, probably.
He raced the entire race through his own effort, and crossed with his bike (a replacement, but a valid one nonetheless).

The hell's going on with the results :eek:

PeterB said:
TMP402 said:
Gigs_98 said:

This is what I found:

He ran on his own. He's okay !

You've all but forgotten the most remarkable thing about the stage. For a brief while, Gerrans was actually and unbelievably at the front of the peloton. Until, completely disorientated by the sight of open road in front of him, he crashed.

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
PeterB said:
TMP402 said:
Gigs_98 said:

This is what I found:

By the wording it does not rule out running part of the course without a bike as long as you cross the line with one.

movingtarget said:
PeterB said:
TMP402 said:
Gigs_98 said:

This is what I found:

He ran on his own. He's okay !

Check his legs for motors! The scum!

PeterB said:
TMP402 said:
Gigs_98 said:

This is what I found:

Thanks!

deValtos said:
Fight.The.Power said:
huangho said:
This is it!!

CnVmqnkXgAAogOu.jpg

WOW !!

Thanks for posting.

FOUR FKN MOTOS !!!!!

Fans didn't help ...

... but that's 99% the motorbikes fault. Again. Wowza.

Keep in mind that they crashed next to a man with a French flag, who should be on the left hand side of this picture. I can't see him here, although it may actually be the guy at the very top middle of the photo.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Re:

winkybiker said:
You've all but forgotten the most remarkable thing about the stage. For a brief while, Gerrans was actually and unbelievably at the front of the peloton. Until, completely disorientated by the sight of open road in front of him, he crashed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENDING THREADS