• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 14: Montélimar → Villars-les-Dombes (209km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
wirral said:
Poursuivant said:
Brailsford on ITV now putting to bed Rumours him and Froome were with commissaires before they made their decision after Ventoux. He said they had no say at all, and that they targetted Ventoux and the TT as the two stages they wanted to take time.

This may be true or may not but Brailsford is 100% a politician who always spins, changes and directs the narrative very well. So, you cannot give much weight to the word of Brailsford is my point.

well, it's not unfounded if it's true. I remember reading somewhere long time ago, sky used to do team presentation to ASO. and the next thing you know, that next year, the TDF route (which it has long ITT) was announced. And that year as we know, Wiggins won it, the first Brit to win TDF.

Yes but you could argue they have done all they can to help Froome's rivals the last couple of years with the TT's

Poursuivant said:
Jelantik said:
wirral said:
Poursuivant said:
Brailsford on ITV now putting to bed Rumours him and Froome were with commissaires before they made their decision after Ventoux. He said they had no say at all, and that they targetted Ventoux and the TT as the two stages they wanted to take time.

This may be true or may not but Brailsford is 100% a politician who always spins, changes and directs the narrative very well. So, you cannot give much weight to the word of Brailsford is my point.

well, it's not unfounded if it's true. I remember reading somewhere long time ago, sky used to do team presentation to ASO. and the next thing you know, that next year, the TDF route (which it has long ITT) was announced. And that year as we know, Wiggins won it, the first Brit to win TDF.

Yes but you could argue they have done all they can to help Froome's rivals the last couple of years with the TT's

Last year they produced a route seemingly perfect for Quintana.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Veloropa ‏@veloropa
Breschel (on his way to hospital) injured his right leg in the crash, which also involved Navarro and Debusschere (via TV 2 Norway) #TDF2016

Cnfm7A-XgAAaXXp.jpg:large

Praying Mantis said:
sir fly said:
Praying Mantis said:
26 min behind the slowest schedule, guess they'll finish at around 17:45
And how about you, Praying Mantis?
Have you slowed down?
Desitively. Greipel style. This tour makes me wanna shotgun my remaining seven stage thread drafts and go on vacation.
That's what I've been thinking about.
You've really been looking forward to Tour, the best stages are yet to come, and general euphoria's so low at the moment.
The good thing is you've drafted the stages. I'm not sure you'd have patience to do them now.
The mods owe you.

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site

sir fly said:
Praying Mantis said:
sir fly said:
Praying Mantis said:
Have you slowed down?
Desitively. Greipel style. This tour makes me wanna shotgun my remaining seven stage thread drafts and go on vacation.
You've really been looking forward to Tour, the best stages are yet to come, and general euphoria's so low at the moment.
The good thing is you've drafted the stages. I'm not sure you'd have patience to do them now.
The mods owe you.
Yes, they owe me! In return I want 1x permaban that I can issue at will, no questions asked.
I prepared all the stages ahead of the Tour, knowing that we might just end up in this situation where enthusiasm is hard to come by...

Praying Mantis said:
sir fly said:
Praying Mantis said:
sir fly said:
Praying Mantis said:
Have you slowed down?
The mods owe you.
Yes, they owe me! In return I want 1x permaban that I can issue at will, no questions asked.
I prepared all the stages ahead of the Tour, knowing that we might just end up in this situation where enthusiasm is hard to come by...
Granted!

Re:

Jungle Cycle said:
I saw a photo of Allaphilipe crash in the TT 1mt in the air and against a rocky wall. Im trying to upload here but geting a msg that "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached" , so was that really how it happened?? not shore if its really him...
That's strange, I'll take a look and see if there's something I can find wrong. Thanks!

Arredondo said:
Veloropa ‏@veloropa
Breschel (on his way to hospital) injured his right leg in the crash, which also involved Navarro and Debusschere (via TV 2 Norway) #TDF2016

Cnfm7A-XgAAaXXp.jpg:large

Danish TV qoute Cannondale sports director: Matti was hit by a car when trying to avoid Navarro

TRENDING THREADS