• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 16: Moirans-en-Montagne → Bern (209km)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
Sagan will go down as the GOAT when all is said and done. Scary to think this guy is only 26

It really is this we're talking about, isn't it? I've hardly seen a more complete rider in the years I've watched cycling. He can win flat sprints. He's deadly in punch sprints. He can attack from pretty much any range. He's not afraid of hills or going on the occasional mountain raid. He has the sort of endurance that guarantees him pretty much any points jersey he goes for. I'm not counting him out of any 1-week races except the most mountainous. He can compete in almost any classic race.

Honestly, he's only missing the skills needed for GTs (long TTs and high mountains). Even considering it's hard to look past that, is this the closest to Merckx we've gotten? To think we might still be in for 10 more years of top level Sagan is scary.

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I have been trying to remember who Kittel reminded me of... then it hit me. Anyone here seen 'In Bruges'

'I was trying to rob him, and he took my gun from me which was loaded with blanks, and he shot a blank in my eye and now I cannot see from this eye ever again, the doctors tell me'

Sagan has yet shown he'd even be able to compete at Giro di Lombardia, so he's not even on course of equalling Sean Kelly. Not GOAT just quite yet.. lol. If he's not gonna challenge for GTs he has to at least win all monuments several times to even be close to being considered the GOAT.

Re:

DFA123 said:
What a tour this has been for Tinkoff. Three stages, KOM jersey and a rider challenging for the top 10. I think Contador going out could have been a blessing in disguise - looks like a weight off their shoulders and now they can get fully behind Sagan and Majka.

Same happened in 2014 when Contador dropped out, they took out 3 stages and the Green and Polka Dots, for a team everyone keeps telling us how weak they are they can step up when the team leader drops out

Re:

Vino attacks everyone said:
Enger looks like a huge talent for these hard sprint finishes though. Wasn't he sick all last year as well? Makes it even more impressive as it makes him 1 year "younger " as a cyclist
Indeed he was. He also has a lot to improve on when it comes to having a professional diet and training hard all year.

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

StryderHells said:
DFA123 said:
What a tour this has been for Tinkoff. Three stages, KOM jersey and a rider challenging for the top 10. I think Contador going out could have been a blessing in disguise - looks like a weight off their shoulders and now they can get fully behind Sagan and Majka.

Same happened in 2014 when Contador dropped out, they took out 3 stages and the Green and Polka Dots, for a team everyone keeps telling us how weak they are they can step up when the team leader drops out

Sagan was still with Cannondale in 2014.

TRENDING THREADS