• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 19: Albertville → Mont Blanc (146km)

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
Ruby United said:
saganftw said:
Pantani Attacks said:
The Barb said:
For a little guy, Bardet descends as well as anyone I've seen.

Little guy? He's 6"1 :confused:

but weighs only a bit more than a small sized dog

He's pretty close to Froome in terms of both height and weight, and I wouldn't exactly call Froome 'a little guy'
I certainly would.

What if he did more upper body training?

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

jalep said:
Wow. they just showed the defensive dive Nibs took to avoid running over Froome

Sagan would have managed to avoid him entirely. Pretty weak.

Updated GC Descender Power Ranking

Tier 1: Bardet
Tier 2: Nibali, Valverde, Froome
Tier 3: Aru, Quintana, Porte
Tier 4: Zakarin, Contador

Re:

Krokro said:
Must assume that Quintana on the podium is a disgrace. He showed barely nothing during 19 stages and is still here...

I hear that defending 4th place and waiting for a rider in front of you to crash out is a perfectly legit strategy...
One (almost two) down, two more to go.

Flat Out said:
More Strides than Rides said:
Flat Out said:
Someone should reconsider the * in the Nibbles Tour looking at who's who in this tour and the level displayed by Teams and riders

Someone should look at the calendar and how many days have passed since the Giro.

I was talkin about the Tour he won, which someone here consider a less win because of a weak field...

Well, it was a less win because of a weak field since had Quintana, Contador and, of course, Froome been racing the likelihood is he wouldn't have won. However, it's pretty clear noone would have stopped Froome this year (Contador was clearly not good enough even before he crashed and even had Nibali not raced the Giro he would no ways have challenged Froome)

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

SeriousSam said:
jalep said:

Sagan would have managed to avoid him entirely. Pretty weak.

Updated GC Descender Power Ranking

Tier 1: Bardet
Tier 2: Nibali, Valverde, Froome
Tier 3: Aru, Quintana, Porte
Tier 4: Contador

Tier Several Gazillion: Zakarin

FTFY &c&c

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

SafeBet said:
jalep said:
Was Nibbles injured in the crash? Cause he completely disappeared from the peloton after that.

Anyone got a link of this, would love to know if Nibali is injured or not as otherwise he will win tomorrows stage from the break...

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site

SafeBet said:
jalep said:
Was Nibbles injured in the crash? Cause he completely disappeared from the peloton after that.

I don't know. That was the first I saw of the crash. Nibs.... hope he's okay.

Ruby United said:
Flat Out said:
More Strides than Rides said:
Flat Out said:
Someone should reconsider the * in the Nibbles Tour looking at who's who in this tour and the level displayed by Teams and riders

Someone should look at the calendar and how many days have passed since the Giro.

I was talkin about the Tour he won, which someone here consider a less win because of a weak field...

Well, it was a less win because of a weak field since had Quintana, Contador and, of course, Froome been racing the likelihood is he wouldn't have won. However, it's pretty clear noone would have stopped Froome this year (Contador was clearly not good enough even before he crashed and even had Nibali not raced the Giro he would no ways have challenged Froome)

How can you tell? Literally impossible to know.

Porte still smiling! I love his attitude in the face of bad luck and refusing to say the crash today will have cost him time (when it clearly will have). Bardet up to second and converting his promise shown in the Dauphine. Bardet and Yates should be vulnerable tomorrow given their efforts today so surely to goodness someone attacks more than a couple of kms out from the top of the last climb?

TRENDING THREADS