2016 Tour de France, Info & Discussion

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

GP Blanco said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Bora-Argon 18:

Shane Archbold (NZL)
Jan Bárta (CZE)
Cesare Benedetti (ITA)
Sam Bennett (IRL)
Emanuel Buchmann (GER)
Bartosz Huzarski (POL)
Patrick Konrad (AUT)
Andreas Schillinger (GER)
Paul Voß (GER)
That's a couple of lead outs for Bennett, everyone else trying to get into the break every day squad. Which is normal enough for a Wildcard team, but interesting in this case because it signals the death of Dominik Nerz's abortive career as a GC rider. That was a disaster of a signing for both team and rider.
Maybe he is aiming at the Vuelta.
I'm sure he will ride the Vuelta. Bora do not have a deep squad of GT-ready riders and the two climbers in the Tour squad are both young and highly unlikely to ride Tour-Vuelta. They will be pretty much entirely out of other riders who can climb at all, bar Muhlberger who is a kid. But Nerz was signed as their main stage race prospect, to be their GC leader at the Tour. Yet now, after 18 months of total invisibility it seems he is behind Buchmann and Konrad, who are both younger than him, in the pecking order.
 
Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Bora-Argon 18:

Shane Archbold (NZL)
Jan Bárta (CZE)
Cesare Benedetti (ITA)
Sam Bennett (IRL)
Emanuel Buchmann (GER)
Bartosz Huzarski (POL)
Patrick Konrad (AUT)
Andreas Schillinger (GER)
Paul Voß (GER)
That's a couple of lead outs for Bennett, everyone else trying to get into the break every day squad. Which is normal enough for a Wildcard team, but interesting in this case because it signals the death of Dominik Nerz's abortive career as a GC rider. That was a disaster of a signing for both team and rider.

It's possible that Buchmann or Konrad might be allowed to ride for GC, but I hope not. Both would be much better off trying to get into breaks on climbing days rather than anonymously fighting for 17th.

Nice to see the Flying Mullett ride the Tour. No Muhlberger, presumably because he's too young and they want to bring him on carefully. No Poestlberger either, presumably because despite being a bit older he is also inexperienced at the top level and there are other all rounder types ahead of him in the pecking order.
Whats going on with Nerz, did he crash out last year? Not heard about him in ages...
 
Re: Re:

Hakkapelit said:
Whats going on with Nerz, did he crash out last year? Not heard about him in ages...
Nobody seems to know. He signed for them 18 months ago, was going to step up and be a GC leader etc. Since then... tumbleweed. He did finish seventh in the Criterium International. That's pretty much the only time I've noticed his name since his move.
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
Great news Zaka is there. It means Purito will be the sole leader in the Vuelta.

And if Zaka is in shape, Purito can drop his GC ambitions and fight for stage wins.

In that case, Katusha have a killer trio with Kristoff, Zaka and Purito!
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Katusha ->

Jacopo Guarnieri (ITA)
Marco Haller (AUT)
Alexander Kristoff (NOR)
Alberto Losada (ESP)
Michael Mørkøv (DEN)
Joaquim Rodriguez (ESP)
Jurgen Van den Broeck (BEL)
Angel Vicioso (ESP)
Ilnur Zakarin (RUS)
I don't know if Zakarin will be in decent shape after riding almost the whole Giro, but that's a really strong team.
 
Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Bakkie said:
Etixx:

Kittel
T Martin
D Martin
Alaphilippe
Sabatini
Richeze
Vakoc
Keise
Vermote

(Etixx FB page)
So Kittel and six sprint helpers plus the two Ardennes boys. Vermote, Sabatini etc are going to be spending a lot of time pulling.
Sabatini is part of the train. Vermote and Keisse will do the pulling.
 
Mar 8, 2014
739
0
0
Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Bakkie said:
Etixx:

Kittel
T Martin
D Martin
Alaphilippe
Sabatini
Richeze
Vakoc
Keise
Vermote

(Etixx FB page)
So Kittel and six sprint helpers plus the two Ardennes boys. Vermote, Sabatini etc are going to be spending a lot of time pulling.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Vakoc in action. Especially at stage 2 and 5! But it will probably all be for Alaphillipe though
 
Yes, it'll be the Martin/Alaphillipe Fleche double act. Vakoc isn't likely to get to do anything other than try to set them up, unfortunately.

The only not completely obvious thing about Etixx's plans is if either Martin or Alaphillipe will try for GC. Or if they will only be trying to add even more stages to the inevitable Kittel haul.
 
Re: Re:

RattaKuningas said:
Mayomaniac said:
RattaKuningas said:
Anyone knows when we might see Astana lineup?
Aru
Nibali
Rosa
Tiralongo
Probably Lulu instead of Kangert
Cataldo
Fuglsang
Lutsenko
Gruzdev or Grivko
Thanks for posting it.
I hope that Kangert makes it because if he doesn't then there would be 0 Estonians in Tour this year. Kangert has usually been in "team Nibali" but Aru is leader this year and so they probably pick what Aru wants.
Maybe Gert Jõeäär for Cofidis? He's been good for a long time and could help Bouhanni well.

Katyusha with one Russian, Lampre with two Italians, Fortuneo with really weird non-national choices.
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
Lutsenko riding the Tour is almost a given, ftom what I've heard Kangert could loose his spot on the team, but I wouldn't mind if it waas Fuglsang, he could be the teamleader in Poland and have a protected role at the Vuelta, that could take some pressure away from Superman Lopez.
I Just realized that stage 3 (a flat sprint sage) has a 90° corner with about 200m to go, that could be a crashfest.
 
Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Ricco' said:
According to Gazzeta, in Astana:

Aru
Nibali

are fixed

Rosa
Cataldo
LuisLe
Tiralongo
Grivko
Lutsenko
Fuglsang
Kangert


1 of this 8 is out
1 of this 4 is out.
I suppose It's either between Grivko and Lutsenko, or Kangert and Fuglsang.
Having in mind that the latter two have ridden the Giro, and former two Dauphine, it may come down to Fuglsang or Kangert.
 
Nov 29, 2010
2,326
0
0
Re: 2016 Tour de France Discussion & Info

They'll take a minimum of one Kazak rider so Lutsenko goes.

Grivko will go because he's one of the best domestiques ever.

One of Fugl or Kangert is out. Possibly Fugl.
 
Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Yes, it'll be the Martin/Alaphillipe Fleche double act. Vakoc isn't likely to get to do anything other than try to set them up, unfortunately.

The only not completely obvious thing about Etixx's plans is if either Martin or Alaphillipe will try for GC. Or if they will only be trying to add even more stages to the inevitable Kittel haul.
It's likely that Dan Martin will go for GC. Can't see Balaphilippe trying for the white jersey with bardet barguil and co turning up
 
Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Yes, it'll be the Martin/Alaphillipe Fleche double act. Vakoc isn't likely to get to do anything other than try to set them up, unfortunately.

The only not completely obvious thing about Etixx's plans is if either Martin or Alaphillipe will try for GC. Or if they will only be trying to add even more stages to the inevitable Kittel haul.
It's likely that Dan Martin will go for GC. Can't see Balaphilippe trying for the white jersey with bardet barguil and co turning up
In what range do you think Martin's GC target will be situated?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY