• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 3: Granville → Angers (224km)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 29, 2015
Visit site
Greipel's team seemed really awful in the last kilometers. Boasson Hagen and Renshaw on the other hand were bossing it for Cavendish.

Re:

Red Rick said:
Finish had a 2% gradient, meaning, Kittel was nowhere

Blablabla... he nearly won here:

stage-3-18km.jpg

Today his trains sucked, that's all.

Who's to blame for Kittel's poor showing - himself or his team? Also I've seen close photo finishes before but that one had the biggest difference in speed between the two riders - Cav was visibly much faster in the last couple of metres. Fair play to cav because I thought he'd suffer big time today after digging deep at the end of yesterday's stage. I guess 200km piano gave him plenty time to recover. At least we got 10 seconds or so of action...