• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

2016 Tour de Pologne, 2.UWT, July 12-18

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Arked said:
Tomorrow climbs:

2 times Zab - 4km @ 5%
2 times Glodowka - 4.2km @ 4.6%
3 times Butorowy Wierch 1.8km @ 10%

Those are preceded by one more climb which is around 4.5km with steep sections. There is also a lot of false flats and short steep uncategorized climbs.

This do not look that hard but tempo is usually pretty high and everything ends in small group finish.

Pretty bad weather too probably. That will make the race harder.
 
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
carton said:
BigMac said:
If only Lawson Craddock was here.
He'd be a nice domestique for Uran in the mountains?

Though to be fair, if those are the mountains then Kwiato or Styby is winning this thing.

Nah, he'd win tomorrow's stage. And the one after. :cool:
Samamba said:
Arked said:
Tomorrow climbs:

2 times Zab - 4km @ 5%
2 times Glodowka - 4.2km @ 4.6%
3 times Butorowy Wierch 1.8km @ 10%

Those are preceded by one more climb which is around 4.5km with steep sections. There is also a lot of false flats and short steep uncategorized climbs.

This do not look that hard but tempo is usually pretty high and everything ends in small group finish.

Pretty bad weather too probably. That will make the race harder.
Yep, the results prove it to be a bit more selective than what I guessed at by looking at the profile. On the flip side De Clercq and Hermans rounded out the podium last year, at least Kwiato is in there with a shout. In any case it's worth catching the finale live.
 
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
BigMac said:
carton said:
BigMac said:
If only Lawson Craddock was here.
He'd be a nice domestique for Uran in the mountains?

Though to be fair, if those are the mountains then Kwiato or Styby is winning this thing.

Nah, he'd win tomorrow's stage. And the one after. :cool:

I know you aren't serious, but your Craddock hype is really annoying. I mean, how did he fare the day prior or the next day in the ITT?

I was serious. What's wrong with thinking he'd manage to win a stage where he places 3rd last year, considering he's better now? And it's not hype. I only tip him for races I think he can do well at.
 
So you think he will win today and tomorrow after placing 3rd on one stage if he was present? Considering how he is climbing right now, its pretty interesting.

And the problem is you are hyping him for every race god damn race. White jersey, top-10... if thats not hype, I dno.
 
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
So you think he will win today and tomorrow after placing 3rd on one stage if he was present? Considering how he is climbing right now, its pretty interesting.

And the problem is you are hyping him for every race god damn race. White jersey, top-10... if thats not hype, I dno.

Yes, I think he'd have a chance and I would have a rider to cheer for. No idea why that bothers you so much. And pretty sure I never said he would win the white jersey. And even more sure I said him making it to the top ten would be a surprise. No need to make stuff up.
 
Break with some favorites: Jonathan Castroviejo (Movistar), Primoz Roglic (Lotto Jumbo NL), Ruben Fernandez (Movistar), Giovanni Visconti (Movistar), Bob Jungels (Etixx-Quick Step), Davide Villella (Cannondale-Drapac), Michael Woods (Cannondale-Drapac), Nicholas Roche (Sky), Allessandro De Marchi (BMC), Ignatas Konovalovas (FDJ), Maciej Paterski (CCC), Dion Smith (One), Fabio Felline (Trek), Hugo Houle (AG2R), Philippe Gilbert (BMC), Loïc Vliegen (BMC), Sander Armée (Lotto-Soudal) & Tim Wellens (Lotto-Soudal).

Lampre missed it so they'll probably ride in the bunch.
 
Bettiol instead of Villella and no Woods.

They lost 40 seconds, gap now around 2'40.

Out of the race:
GOSS Matthew 224 ONE DNF
NIEMIEC Przemysław 86 LAM DNF
WOODS Michael 48 CPT DNS
RUFFONI Nicola 246 BAR DNF
OPIE Chris 225 ONE DNF
CLANCY Stephen 218 TNN DNF
WILLIAMS Christopher 217 TNN DNF
LOZANO RIBA David 214 TNN DNF
FOURNIER Marc 173 FDJ DNF
QUINZIATO Manuel 95 BMC DNF
BATEK Dariusz 201 POL DNF
ALAFACI Eugenio 61 TFS DNF
GUARDINI Andrea 34 AST DNF
AGNOLI Valerio 31 AST DNF