• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 15: Sabiñánigo > Aramón Formigal

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

bigcog said:
DFA123 said:
GuyIncognito said:
DFA123 said:
GuyIncognito said:
Quintana. Froome has done zero. The other teams have pulled him along the whole time.
Unless you count going on Valverde's wheel during that early attack on a short climb
Yep, but Quintana hasn't done too much either. On such a short stage, both should still have enough in the tank until the finish.

But Quintana's taken a few pulls up front. might not make a big difference, or it might. We'll know later :)
Yeah, fair point. And that probably takes more out of Quintana than it would out of most riders. It's going to be great to see if Froome can do anything about this on the last climb - he'll probably have to go solo pretty early.

He aint going to make up 2.30 or whatever the gap is going to be, 20-30 seconds max.
Agree, seems very unlikely he's going to get close to bridging. But even if he can limit his losses to just over a minute or so it would almost be like a victory for him at this point.

One things for sure; it's going to be a real test of Froome's rouleur skills on those flatter sections towards the end. :D

Kwibus said:
wirral said:
Robert Froomar. Never try to win the Vuelta without Spanish credentials. Too many dark forces are lined up against you.

BS. This ain't a spanish vs others day.

It's made funnier because Millar was only in yellow due to the anglophone alliance chasing for him on the Benidorm stage, and the main reason the spanish didn't chase Delgado was they'd been criticized precisely for infighting in previous editions that caused foreigners to win repeatedly.

But let the man have his fantasy, it's clearly important to him

DFA123 said:
Agree, seems very unlikely he's going to get close to bridging. But even if he can limit his losses to just over a minute or so it would almost be like a victory for him at this point.

One things for sure; it's going to be a real test of Froome's rouleur skills on those flatter sections towards the end. :D
[/quote]

True, hopefully it will be a minute or less but can't see it somehow.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
Hugo Koblet said:
I don't really get why someone like Felline works here. Doesn't make much sense to me.
What team does he ride for? That's your answer.

he rides for himself
he is one of the fastest in the group and he is not bad on rolling ascent.
he could win the stage that is goal for the vuelta.

in plus next year he will run with contador.

Red Rick said:
dacooley said:
contador / quintana winning something big with team work - bravissimo, great, brilliant
froome winning something at the expense of team - lmao, see ya in the clininc, i'm done with cycling.
The difference is in how they use their team. But it seems to me you don't want to see that
Why? I quite see it. I'm fine with most people sticking to complete irrationality when loving/hating any rider /team.