• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 15: Sabiñánigo > Aramón Formigal

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
Robert5091 said:
It would be fun to be a fly on the wall in Sky's post race discussions. Where were the team?
Didn't Valverde drop them all really early, by attacking and taking all the other GC men with him, so Froome was forced to follow solo? Pretty surprising though that Konig at least couldn't hold on - perhaps he's ill again.
Valverde confirmed that on TV
He was instrumental with Orica in disposing of the bots.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

RattaKuningas said:
saganboss said:
deValtos said:
Sykes said:

They will probably be re-instated. Isn't that what normally happens? With a points cut or smth?
yes. but it's not fair. 35-40 minutes is too much in a stage like this. they didn't even try to make the time limit

If 93 riders would be disqualified then it would be icing on the cake for a legendary day.

It is what could make it legendary indeed... Contador ! And it would make the last week of racing utterly crazy !

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

fantomas said:
Dazed and Confused said:
SafeBet said:
Dazed and Confused said:
Lets not forget the Castros, Trofimoms and Rovnys today. Some excellent support rider performances.

Now I like to see Sky going all in on one of the remaining stages please......
What Sky? None of them is making the time limit :D

Race organizer are too soft these days. All will remain.

(lol)

Or Brailsford and Froome will have a meeting with the director convincing him he should not kick them out.

I think Froome will be voting to kick them out after today tbh ... not keep them in. :p

Something I just thought of. Brambilla and Rovny were both in the break today I believe. Weren't these 2 riders ejected from a stage a few years back at the Vuelta for fighting with each other somewhere around this point in the race? If memory servres right, it was Brambilla who was in the break and the race director pulled up beside him and told him he had been ejected and he was in tears......

If my memory serve right, does seem interesting how circumstances can form strange alliances.

Crha4UeWcAAD6Bl.jpg

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Carl0880 said:
Something I just thought of. Brambilla and Rovny were both in the break today I believe. Weren't these 2 riders ejected from a stage a few years back at the Vuelta for fighting with each other somewhere around this point in the race? If memory servres right, it was Brambilla who was in the break and the race director pulled up beside him and told him he had been ejected and he was in tears......

If my memory serve right, does seem interesting how circumstances can form strange alliances.
yep, those 2 were in vuelta 2014. but after vuelta 2014 those 2 were also in a breakaway in gp de wallonie so i think they like eachother

Re: 2016 Vuelta a España, stage 15: Sabiñánigo > Aramón Form

Josh Homme said:
So the peloton of 90+ riders... finally lost 54 minutes. 22 min over the limit.

It's now or never. And they truly should be out.

100% must DQ them. They didn't even try to make it in time and decided to rest. It is unfair to riders who were inside the time limit.

Re: 2016 Vuelta a España, stage 15: Sabiñánigo > Aramón Form

RattaKuningas said:
Josh Homme said:
So the peloton of 90+ riders... finally lost 54 minutes. 22 min over the limit.

It's now or never. And they truly should be out.

100% must DQ them. They didn't even try to make it in time and decided to rest. It is unfair to riders who were inside the time limit.
Yes of course, but it wont happen.