• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 19: Xàbia > Calp 37km ITT

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

jsem94 said:
Stan955 said:
jsem94 said:
If he hadn't been caught out of Contador's ambush, he could have won the Vuelta this year no doubt. So how is it not doable?
So basically he would've won both GT due to TT's
Can you imagine if this was in the 80s or 90s with more than 100km of TT? Froome would have been 5-6 minutes ahead of everyone.

But back then the kind of tactical riding that we had in the Pajares stage was seen in most stages.
Simply not comparable.

Mid 90s-2000s tours? Now that is more in line with what you're discussing.

Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
Walkman said:
meat puppet said:
Froome puts those suggesting he would fade during the vuelta, as any sensible observer would suggest, in their place.

He might have faded, it's all in relative terms compared to the rest of the field.
He clearly has faded - he's lost minutes in the mountains. He's just a much better TTist than everyone else in the race. It would be a lot more interesting if someone like Cancellara or Dumoulin were here to put Froome's time into some kind of context.
By fading I refer to a global decline in physical ability. This TT in my view was quite the opposite, despite the fact that froome is the best time trialer amongst the gc boys.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol at those that said 2 weeks ago 1 minute on Quintana would be a challenge :p

Froome will kick himself for that one day, 2 times he looses Vuelta that could well have been his.

I was calculating a 1: 30 max for Quintana to lose against Yo-Yo-man, but it turned to be 2:16 :eek:

just imaging if the parcours was 55K.....

Anyways -- If rational dictates the course, Quintana should not be having trouble defending his lead tomorrow, but Who knows with Yo-Yo-man .......

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Poursuivant said:
ASO won't have a true flat TT at the Tour for the foreseeable future if they think Froome will do this to everyone.

Ye I think the biggest thing this TT did is ensure the TDF has no flat TT's for the next few years. I doubt it will affect the outcome of this race, Quintana wont lost a 1:30 tomorrow surely.